GBP160k for a 308 - what next? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
GBP160k for a 308 - what next?

I don't care how well this car is prepared, that price is unjustifiable IMHO. It is a replica!

1976 Ferrari 308 Group 4 for sale | Classic and Performance Cars

The ad says "a fraction of the cost of an original". What fraction, 80%? I can't believe you would clear more than GBP200k for an original Group4, even that seems very optimistic.

It does show that prices for fibreglass 308's are starting to do silly things. Trade the Michelone for an F40 in two years time, Vitalone?

Thoughts?

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
I would not pay that.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 6 Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Interesting...I see that a 308 GTB Group B Michelotto just sold for €460,000 at Monaco on 20 May
Bonhams ‘Les Grandes Marques à Monaco’, 20 May 2011: Review - Classic Driver - MAGAZINE - auctions

And I think a Group 4 Michelotto with its wider body and Kugelfischer fuel injection would be worth even more.

It looks like the 308GTB vetroresina could finally be closing the gap on the 246gt that currently sits at double the price. Due mainly to the rocketing in value of Michelotto versions and eligibility of good replica's for all sorts of historic events?

post #4 of 6 Old 06-04-2011, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Hmmm - that's news to me. Personally, I find it very surprising that a Michelotto would fetch that much, that's very close to Daytona Competizione territory. A period DayComp fetched around €450k last year in Monaco, although it was not a factory competition car but a private conversion.

It's clear that the sellers of this replica want to ride on the coattails of that. As for eligibility - I'm not sure you'd get a proper HTP/FIVA card for this replica. I think it would not be eligible for the main events such as the Tour Auto. But to be fair, I"m not certain on that.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Interestingly I see that the GBP160k Michelotto replica is marked as sold. I guess market value of a replica is tied to the increasing eligibility for historic events of the original (with consequent rising values that seem to be similar to those of the Lancia Stratos although an ex-works Stratos with period competition history would probably be worth more) and how close to the original in spec the replica is. As far as I know there were only 11 ex-Michelotto Group 4 308 GTB's and another 4 Group B Michelotto 308 GTB's as per the car sold in Monaco recently.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalone View Post
Interestingly I see that the GBP160k Michelotto replica is marked as sold. I guess market value of a replica is tied to the increasing eligibility for historic events of the original (with consequent rising values that seem to be similar to those of the Lancia Stratos although an ex-works Stratos with period competition history would probably be worth more) and how close to the original in spec the replica is. As far as I know there were only 11 ex-Michelotto Group 4 308 GTB's and another 4 Group B Michelotto 308 GTB's as per the car sold in Monaco recently.

Do not tell China that. IMO that is nonsense pricing and somewhere near a BJ charity auction....

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode