Looking for a 355gts owner.. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Looking for a 355gts owner..

Hi i run jj custom interior, we specialize in recaros restoration and im sort of a recaro freak myself (you can find my recaro resource guide here... http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...tml#post137837). Im trying to find an owner of a 355gts who would be willing to give me some information on the stock seats.

From what i have seen they are Recaro LS-C variants specific to the 355gts. I am very interested in the lumbar and side bolster adjustment as they seem to be the only ls that had this option available.

Long story short if you own a 355gts and have a few free minutes i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks - Ron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Let me know how I can help. Pm me.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, thank you - Im trying to figure out exactly what the adjustment knob on the outside bolster does. Im assuming that it is either for lumbar adjustment or bolster adjustment but not sure as the seats seems to be specific to the car.

I have recovered various ls's and i am thinking that these seats must have a special frame because with the original design there is no real way for the bolsters or lumbar to adjust by using a knob.

Also if there is anyone who needs the front seats repaired or reupholstered i would love to have one to document and would be willing to give a good discount for the work.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

did i lose ya?
post #5 of 12 Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Sorry, i will check this weekend. BTW, what do you know about the OEM carbon seats for the 355?
post #6 of 12 Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
what do you know about the OEM carbon seats for the 355?
I know I badly want a set for my 308 project car
post #7 of 12 Old 04-24-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
Sorry, i will check this weekend. BTW, what do you know about the OEM carbon seats for the 355?
To be honest i havent seen a ton of them. I can say for certain they were not a production Recaro.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
This is an older thread, maybe you've found what you're looking for... I'm adding my couple of cents... it seems you're asking about the turning knobs on the driver's seat. The top knob adjustment pulls in the sides of the seat and maybe some subtle lumbar. Also, the front of the bottom seat piece has an adjustment for stiffness. These are very comfortable to drive long distances.

The threads from page 2 are rarely replied, I'm finding some fun threads.

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 348 TS
post #9 of 12 Old 09-26-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

perfect, that is actually exactly what i wanted to figure out. They are basically the same recaro ls-c that i recover all the time but i know that they obviously have some big differences, i kind of assumed thats what it did.

Here is an example of a stock ls-c we just recovered, as you can see the seat itself is nearly identical.

post #10 of 12 Old 09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
Very nice work. On the GTS, the two side adjustments knobs are almost on top of each other, I see you changed the placement of these... maybe the dark color doesn't reveal the second adjustment knob?

I'd like to redo mine (when and if it needs it, right now they are perfect). I'd like beige leather and Alcantara diamond pattern inserts and red stitching. I'd also love the prancing horse like Sandy Eggo's head rest's logo, red embroidered. Gorgeous !

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 348 TS
post #11 of 12 Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Those seats are actually the standard recaro ls-c's, they do not have the second knob. They are the seats that we recover most often and thats why i was so curious about the 355 seats. Im sort of an obsessive recaro collector/restorer and it drives me nuts seeing something and not being able to find info on it.

The seats i posted above started out looking something like these..

There are also other variations with what was called the b base that do not have the extendable leg rest or the adjustment that came on the 355's.

As you can see the standard ls's didnt have the second knob..

post #12 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Also if anyone has a set that they would like to have recovered or sell i would love to get a set here to document. I would be willing to give a good discount on the work if it came down to it.

Pretty much i know how they did the adjustable bolster on the Recaro model C and im fairly sure they did the same thing here but until i see it i cant say for certain. I would love to figure it out so i could begin modifying the stock ls's to have the adjustable support.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode