Would be my first Ferrari. Originally wanted an F430, but wife wants real estate - and I want a Ferrari. We compromised on both - I'll get a 328 and she'll get RE.
Marital bliss. (F430 for later...
Anyway - questions for the 328 crowd:
1. Any significant differences betwen the 85, 86, 87, 88, and 88.5 models? (I know the 88.5/89 models had ABS, but other than that???)
2. Which years do you prefer - and why?
3. What are the common problem areas?
4. What should I expect in typical repair/maint costs per annum? Major service/belts? $? Clutch?
5. How do these cars run on our crappy 91 octane CA gas?
6. What should I look for in a 328 GTS? (I am considering a car with higher miles - e.g. 50k +)
7. Could I realistically drive this car weekly (maybe not as daily driver, but maybe once a week) reliably?
8. OK - please do NOT throw flames here (I know Enzo would probably turn in his grave), but has anyone run one of the supercharger kits on on of these 328s? Thoughts?
I am somewhat mechanically inlcined, so I am looking forward to joining the Ferrari "hobby" / enthusiasts as an owner. I suspect I will eventually own several in my life. Just a matter of time - and buying my first one.
(Also have my eye on 575s.)