348 CE Light's On - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Help 348 CE Light's On

Ok So last week I had the cats replaced, My mechanic told me the o2 sensor's should be changed and I got these on Friday.

Today I go to pull her out of the garage for a drive and the rpm's ran from 800 - 2000 rpm range settled to 1000. And the exhaust sounded horrible throughout this process. I Let her settle down and I backed up 15 ft. Both light's came on and I stopped. Moved her back forward to my spot and just the 5-8 light stayed on.

A couple of days ago I went to start it and it took the second try to start her, The battery is only two years old and I put the trickle charger on if it sit's for more then a couple of day's.

So my question is this would bad o2 sensor's cause the sporadic rpm cycle or is this a combo of both, weak battery and o2 sensor's?

And where the heck is that battery kill switch!! I will probably try this first to see if I can even drive her back to the shop. Do I have to unscrew the whole bonnet cover to get at it?

Could I buy any OBD2 at my local hardware store to pull codes?

Thanks Guy's.
Cheer's

Ps Just realized I put this in the wrong section.. Mod's feel free to move it.

Last edited by FBI; 06-26-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
why would the battery affect that? sounds like it might need an italian tune up. but i ain't no mechanic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
You can try a ECU reset but I'm not so sure thats gonna work. Battery switch is under the driver side snap access panel under the front bonnet. (snap off cover, Large knob is in the forward right corner)

Sounds like either a ECU reset was not done after changing the cats or a O2 sensor would be the first things to do. You've already got evidence that the O2 might be a problem but start with the easy/cheap stuff.

Do you know the procedure for ECU reset? see www.Club348.com for details

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

post #4 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
FBI
Owner

Lane your right no ecu reset was done after the new cats installed. That's why I'm trying to locate the battery reset switch. I swear I looked there and didn't see it. You mean where the fuses are right?

I was in a rush today so I'll take a better look tomorrow.

Wetpet, I should clarify a bit better.. The car not starting on the first shot and the clock wont keep the time, keeps flashing 0 is why I'm thinking the battery. I'm going to test it tomorrow to see if it's at full charge.

Thanks for the help.
Cheer's
post #5 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
FBI
Owner

Found the reset! It was pretty dark in my shop so I brought my flashlight today and I found it immediatley. So I did the reset all sounded great but the bank 5 CE came on. I then pulled the codes bank 5 (1211) and I was right all along it's my
O2 sensor's that need replacing. Also pulled the code on Bank 4 (1121) and it was showing RPM sensor which is normal due to my engine was off.

Hopefully it's just that simple...

Cheer's
post #6 of 6 Old 06-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Not normal due to engine off. That code is written only during operation. You probably need a rev sensor along with that O2. Not a bad DIY job.

Just realized you said you pulled the code but didn't say anything about a 1-4 CE light making it either a transient condition or a bad dash bulb.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode