348 Fog Protectors..any interest? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
348 Fog Protectors..any interest?

Hi All,
I was asking around over at the other site and I thought I would ask here as well. I had a lot of success with the 348 replacement lenses for busted fog lights so I started a second project. Here is the information I posted on the other site. Just looking to see if there is enough interest to start actually making these.

"The first prototype of the form fitting, impact resistant fog lens cover. Its a little late, I promised myself I would have something back in March . It fits perfectly around the lens. It has a 3/16 gap between the lens and the inside of the cover and an 1/8 gap at the sides. The back edge rides the lip at the back of the fog lens for a snug fit. It is made of high impact optical acrylic and is able to take a huge hit. The material is also polishable and easy to clean. I have decided on Velcro at the top and sides on the inside to attach the cover. It can't be seen there and it is next to impossible to pull the lens cover off with it on due to the limited space around the sides. I had the same aircraft company that made the replacement lenses for my 348 do these. No more worries about smashing fogs that cost a huge amount to replace. The tooling for these is not cheap however and I have not yet decided on having it made and doing a production run. There would have to be a lot of interest. Here are some pictures I took earlier tonight on my friends 348SS. I have one picture that shows the cover on the drivers lens and no cover on the passengers for comparison. Let me know what you think and if you would be in for a set if I do a run. Also any questions you have would be fine. Figure the price would be around $375.00 - $425.00 a set depending."

I also would like some feed-back. For instance, there were some comments as to how far the covers came out from the lens. We are going to move them in more to give them a tighter look. I am also looking into amber yellow units or even smoked colored covers.

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Too lazy

but I will look down the road: Do you know if your lense replacement will fit the Mondial Ts?

IF you post the part number, OEM, we can make some better decisions...sure, knowing Ferrari we probably had too many choices for similar models..

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
but I will look down the road: Do you know if your lense replacement will fit the Mondial Ts?

IF you post the part number, OEM, we can make some better decisions...sure, knowing Ferrari we probably had too many choices for similar models..
I've had that question before. The 348 replacement lenses will only work on the 348's. I did however see a thread on FChat about 328 front light lens replacements that may work on the Mondial T. I'll see if I can find the thread. Here are pictures of the 348 replacements.

--Mike
Attached Images

post #4 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
FYI Guys...Thats my SS modeling Mike's "covers". The product looks good and so is Mike. Can't wait to see them in Amber. The "lenses" I have seen in hand but not yet seen installed. They look amazing.

I'll vouch...

Lane

(No crap about bug carcases and road rash please....its a touchy subject. At least I'm a driver and not just a washer)

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 06-01-2010 at 05:10 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Looks amazing!

Great work .I might be in for a set as well

Cheers
post #6 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Looks amazing!

Great work .I might be in for a set as well

Cheers
If I can get a total of 10 people wanting a set between this site and one other then I will do the run. I have 3 interested at the moment. I may even do a introductory price if I get over 10.

--Mike

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode