Buying missing parts, need advice - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Buying missing parts, need advice

Hi gentlemen,

Now that I have the car and having to wait at least one month for the mechanic to have time to make the major service to the 355, Iīm in the search of missing parts.

Apparently when the last major service was done, the people who did it forgot to put the timing covers in place And i guess they decided that taking everthing apart again just to put them wasnīt worth.

Now Im going to buy those parts.

I`m going to buy the 28 and 22 parts of the diagram along with their respective bolts. But, what are 29 and 23??? it says that its a protection but is it really necessary or can I just put the timing guards and not these pieces?

Another thing, there are two types of guards the 3 bolt old ones and the revised 5 bolt. Will there be any problem if i put the 3 bolt old ones? Or is there something wrong with them and should be changed for the 5 bolt?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturin View Post
Hi gentlemen,

Apparently when the last major service was done, the people who did it forgot to put the timing covers in place And i guess they decided that taking everthing apart again just to put them wasnīt worth.
omg. How can you miss that! I would definitely recommend replacing them. Pretty unbelievable. Hopefully you can tell us the name of that shop so none of us will go there.

If you got the car a PPI please let us know who did that as well.

I would advise putting all parts back on including the updated ones. have a competent mechanic do it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by wetpet; 02-17-2010 at 02:56 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

The people who will service my car know what theyre doing. They are the ones who service all these type of cars in the middle-north area of Spain and theyre just 5 miles away from my home (Lucky me! ) If its a strange/exotic car take it to them. The other day when I went to talk to them they were servicing a group B Ford rs200 and a lambo diablo...

Just a stupid question I have( Donīt want to flood the forum with new threads with my stupid questions):

The knob on the speedo gauge is to reset the partial milleage,so far so good. But what the hell is the function of the knob in the rev gauge???

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
You should be able to get all the parts you need from Eurospares int eh UK.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
You should be able to get all the parts you need from Eurospares int eh UK.
Thats were Iīm getting them from
post #7 of 8 Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
The people who will service my car know what theyre doing. They are the ones who service all these type of cars in the middle-north area of Spain and theyre just 5 miles away from my home (Lucky me! ) If its a strange/exotic car take it to them. The other day when I went to talk to them they were servicing a group B Ford rs200 and a lambo diablo...

Just a stupid question I have( Donīt want to flood the forum with new threads with my stupid questions):

The knob on the speedo gauge is to reset the partial milleage,so far so good. But what the hell is the function of the knob in the rev gauge???
Its the dimmer switch for all of your gauge lights.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
But, what are 29 and 23??? it says that its a protection but is it really necessary or can I just put the timing guards and not these pieces?

Another thing, there are two types of guards the 3 bolt old ones and the revised 5 bolt. Will there be any problem if i put the 3 bolt old ones? Or is there something wrong with them and should be changed for the 5 bolt?

thanks
29 and 23 are shields that prevent oil from contaminating the belts should the camshaft seals leak. They need to be installed BEFORE the belts. You can leave them off with no problems. Just get them and install them next time you change the belts. If your camshaft seals are leaking then you will need to change the seals and the belts and make sure you put these plates in. If the camshafts are not leaking you are fine leaving these plates out.

As for the 3 bolt vs. 5 bolt, the cover is just a machinery guard and doesn't affect the operation or performance of the engine, it just keeps rocks and fingers and squirrels out of the belts. Given the option I'd go with the 5 bolt. With the 3 bolt if one loosens there is only 2 holding it on. There is no problem with the 3 bolt but if that's the one you get consider just a drop of blue Loctite on the bolt threads.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode