ferrari 308 GTB dry sump - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-15-2009, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
ferrari 308 GTB dry sump

Hi Everyone

I just bought me a ferrari 308 GTB 1980 with carbs (dry sump) euro spec. There are some things I need to ask. As I want to start the car from zero, I'll do a service on it. I will change the water pump as well. However there is a confusion with the prices of it. I know that the original doesn't exist so we talk about after market companies that produce it. The same pump that you can buy from ferrari costs half as much if you find it somewhere else. I found a nice UK site that has lots of stuff but none wants to tell the name of the company that makes it. I'm located in Italy and I know that the (after market) company that makes it is here but I do not know who it is. Does anyone have a clue? another thing I want to ask is regarding the performance of my car. It has the same (I think) engine with the fiberglass cars (dry sump carb) however in 1980. I've read specs showing 257hp and others for 228hp..what's the real one? Not that is really matters but I just need to clear this in my head. I'll post some pics of the car when its done. Thanks averyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
cgt
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukos1 View Post
Hi Everyone

I just bought me a ferrari 308 GTB 1980 with carbs (dry sump) euro spec. There are some things I need to ask. As I want to start the car from zero, I'll do a service on it. I will change the water pump as well. However there is a confusion with the prices of it. I know that the original doesn't exist so we talk about after market companies that produce it. The same pump that you can buy from ferrari costs half as much if you find it somewhere else. I found a nice UK site that has lots of stuff but none wants to tell the name of the company that makes it. I'm located in Italy and I know that the (after market) company that makes it is here but I do not know who it is. Does anyone have a clue? another thing I want to ask is regarding the performance of my car. It has the same (I think) engine with the fiberglass cars (dry sump carb) however in 1980. I've read specs showing 257hp and others for 228hp..what's the real one? Not that is really matters but I just need to clear this in my head. I'll post some pics of the car when its done. Thanks averyone
Hi, sounds like it could be Hill Engineering you are looking for?

http://www.hillengineering.co.uk/catalog/index.php

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode