Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southwest Ontario, Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 181
Window Accelerator Issue and resolution
A few months back, I installed a window accelerator in te passenger side door. This window would stop 6 mm short when using the driver side button but was fine on the passenger side.
After the installation it worked great on both sides - until last weekend when it would not work from either side.
After I removed the door panel covers, I found that the wiring had come out from the socket to the electric motor. THis happened due to the fact that the double edges indoor/outdoor carpet tape that i used to hold down the module had come loose. The module was free to move around and eventually pulled out the wiring.
I used steel wool and rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the inside bottom of the door panel wiped dry and reinstalled - pushing down hard to ensure a good bond.. While trying to get the vinyl door covering into place prior to reinstalling the panels, I noticed that the module was already unstuck.
I was not sure how to better fix this until I thought of how I was taught to install ceramic fixtures on tile. Use silicon caulking ( ensure it is not latex ) and apply a bead around the perimeter. In the middle use some hot melt adhesive. The hot melt hold quickly and allows the silicon to cure.
I tried to pull this up after 10 minutes and could not move it - so it is possible that I did not even need the silicon.
Next the drivers side. As the passenger side window is 2 s faster than the drivers.
"The ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse! " - Mr. Joe Katz