500 Mondial Series 2 - Page 5 - Ferrari Life
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 787 Old 07-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Bryan should have become a lawyer or something: Nice write.

I have always been meaning to ask, on the nice cane wood for seat construction: Seems sturdy after 50+. Must be more special than what I see on my vines. Mine can't last but a couple years for use. How has it they lasted this long.

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 787 Old 07-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Indeed, how true that every owner has one's own story. But, that one is not just a story, very, very few can claim a story as unique as this one. I do enjoy these stories very much, thank you Admiral and to your wonderful son. He certainly is not a stupid kid if he can condense the whole story in just a few paragraphs like that. Oh, but if I may add, he was a stupid kid back then to lean his bike like that all the time ! Thank You again. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #83 of 787 Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Bryan should have become a lawyer or something: Nice write.


rik
now there is an idea!

thanks for the history admiral.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
 
post #84 of 787 Old 07-02-2011, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
I have always been meaning to ask, on the nice cane wood for seat construction: Seems sturdy after 50+. Must be more special than what I see on my vines. Mine can't last but a couple years for use. How has it they lasted this long.

rik
Dear Rik,

I have no experience at all with grape vines, however I would suspect that the cane wood used in my car seat surrounds would have been old growth -fairly hard and woody as opposed to newer more pulpy cane. I did not notice any kind of finish on the canes and suspect they did not use any so they would have been able to soak and form to the contours they wanted. Basically they have not been exposed to the weather so the only deterioration risk would have been the dry rot fungus and obviously that did not happen (yet).

Best regards,

Robert
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #85 of 787 Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Dear Ed,

You asked about the little blue car in another thread. This is an experiment for me, can you view the following?

Grandkids ride 1.mp4

Best regards,

Robert
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #86 of 787 Old 08-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Dear Ed,

You asked about the little blue car in another thread. This is an experiment for me, can you view the following?

Grandkids ride 1.mp4

Best regards,

Robert
Robert,

Great video. Very heartwarming and a true pleasure I'm sure to share this with your grandkids. They are grinning from ear to ear.
Andrew is offline  
post #87 of 787 Old 08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Owner
 
bryanp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Virginia Child Protective Services approved of the 2-kids/one lap belt arrangement. They did. Really.
bryanp is offline  
post #88 of 787 Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
OOOOPS! Forgot about the booster seat!
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #89 of 787 Old 08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Owner
 
bryanp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 642
at least there is no danger of blowing their heads off w/ an air bag . . ..
bryanp is offline  
post #90 of 787 Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
priceless video. couldn't tell who was smiling the most at the end there. You or the kids?! That must freak out random people driving by when they see that tooling around your neighborhood. You should do a little video driving around the monuments. Very early on a sunday morning to avoid too much shifting. Let me know, i'll shoot it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Dear Ed,

You asked about the little blue car in another thread. This is an experiment for me, can you view the following?

Grandkids ride 1.mp4

Best regards,

Robert


100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
post #91 of 787 Old 08-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Admiral

Thank You for the link as it is one of the most interesting threads on Ferrari Life.

Well written Sir ... refreshing to see you smiling with a proud sense.

There is a lot to be said from seeing these pictures - it speaks volumes for passion.

You and the car belong together - it's rare and well done
champagne612 is offline  
post #92 of 787 Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Moved from 456 and 612 Scaglietti photo thread

Hi guys,

Ed, I do not see any reason for you to recuse yourself just because you like the car!

Doug, I took the Mondial to the Reading Concours in May of 2000 where Sergio Scaglietti was the guest of honor. Bryan had the idea that it would be fun to get his signature on the car. I pulled the spare tire tonneau off and Bryan had a sharpie and now I have another piece of history. See the attached photo of the signing.

Terry, happy that you too like the little blue car. Size is very deceiving. The Mondial wheel base is 6 inches shorter that that of a 1960 WV bug. At six feet one inch I am taller that everyone of the drivers that used it before I did. Regarding your seeing the car, Denise has been on my case to bring it to her Santa Fe Concorso for a couple of years. Although I drove it from San Francisco to New York in the sixties, I am not up to trying to drive it to New Mexico and shipping it isn't cheap. Last summer when Bryan and family and we grandparents visited the old family homestead on the upper Sapello, HelenAnn and I had coffee with Denise in Santa Fe and she again pushed on the idea of publishing an e-book on the story. Maybe someday...

Enough rambling for now.

Best regards,

Robert
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #93 of 787 Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Hi guys,

Ed, I do not see any reason for you to recuse yourself just because you like the car!

Doug, I took the Mondial to the Reading Concours in May of 2000 where Sergio Scaglietti was the guest of honor. Bryan had the idea that it would be fun to get his signature on the car. I pulled the spare tire tonneau off and Bryan had a sharpie and now I have another piece of history. See the attached photo of the signing.

Terry, happy that you too like the little blue car. Size is very deceiving. The Mondial wheel base is 6 inches shorter that that of a 1960 WV bug. At six feet one inch I am taller that everyone of the drivers that used it before I did. Regarding your seeing the car, Denise has been on my case to bring it to her Santa Fe Concorso for a couple of years. Although I drove it from San Francisco to New York in the sixties, I am not up to trying to drive it to New Mexico and shipping it isn't cheap. Last summer when Bryan and family and we grandparents visited the old family homestead on the upper Sapello, HelenAnn and I had coffee with Denise in Santa Fe and she again pushed on the idea of publishing an e-book on the story. Maybe someday...

Enough rambling for now.

Best regards,

Robert
Robert

Great pictures and history beyond imagination.

Anytime you care to ramble it's fine by me.

champagne612 is offline  
post #94 of 787 Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Robert- I have not made it to one of Denise's coffees yet. I really should go.

Read through the whole thread and really enjoyed it. In 1975 when I bought the Dino for $10.6K, White had a 250 LM for $9.8K. Kind of wish I had followed in your footsteps and picked up the LM instead.

Will keep my fingers crossed for Santa Fe.

Taz
Terry Phillips
tazandjan is offline  
post #95 of 787 Old 09-02-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Dear Terry,

Ouch on the 250LM. After VietNam I was about $400 short on my offer to buy a 250GT California...

When I talked about meeting Denise, it was not at the regular Santa Fe's Tuesday Car Table but actually for tea at a strange little place called the Travel Bug. The next time you are in Santa Fe I think they still meet in the DeVargas Mall at noon on a Tuesday. I can double check if you want.

Best regards,

Robert
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #96 of 787 Old 09-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Robert- Thanks. I have never met her and it might be a good opportunity.

Taz
Terry Phillips
tazandjan is offline  
post #97 of 787 Old 09-04-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Dear Terry,

I asked Denise whether the Tuesday Car Table was ongoing and her reply was
"Tuesday Car Table continues---every Tuesday at noon at the Santa Fe Bar and
Grill in the DeVargas Center. Tell your friend to come in, ask for Tuesday
Car Table, say howdy, take a seat and order lunch."

So there you go. If you don't feel like driving you could always catch the Rail Runner #510 with time to spare before the meeting. On the other hand the Maranello would like the sprint.

Best regards,

Robert
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #98 of 787 Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Ferrari Life Posts: 160
Admiral and Brian,

It was fantastic to finally meet you both and see the car at Radnor today. Its mind blowingly beautiful. You guys have done an incredible job!

I'll hopefully have my pictures up soon


~Chris (SefacHotRodder on another forum...)

Chris
k5mcl is offline  
post #99 of 787 Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Admiral- Many thanks. Will have to give it a try.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #100 of 787 Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Owner
 
bryanp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5mcl View Post
Admiral and Brian,

It was fantastic to finally meet you both and see the car at Radnor today. Its mind blowingly beautiful. You guys have done an incredible job!

I'll hopefully have my pictures up soon


~Chris (SefacHotRodder on another forum...)
Hey Chris, it was a treat meeting you and your dad; I like being able to finally put faces w/ internet people!
bryanp is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale