500 Mondial Series 2 - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 787 Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
thanks for the video admiral. you guys in europe should fly over for cavallino some time. on a good year you can see a couple dozen similar cars out on the track driven pretty hard. A walk through the pits is pretty exciting too. I'm sure they have similar events in europe though..
Wow! I might just do that. FLED 6?

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 787 Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Wow! I might just do that. FLED 6?
definitely, unfortunately i only have my fiat 500 to lend you, the garage is looking a little sparse lately.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #63 of 787 Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
you guys in europe should fly over for cavallino some time. on a good year you can see a couple dozen similar cars out on the track driven pretty hard. A walk through the pits is pretty exciting too. I'm sure they have similar events in europe though..
We do have similar events in Europe, quite a few too. But it would be great to attend Cavallino - I've never been to any Ferrari event in the States. I was invited to go by a Lusso owner last year, but the timing is very difficult for me. I am always up to my ear in numbers that in Jan/Feb to prepare our annual report, so I think I can only go when I've resigned....

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #64 of 787 Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Owner

Quote:
definitely, unfortunately i only have my fiat 500 to lend you, the garage is looking a little sparse lately.
Thanks a lot for your kind offer wetpet! Don't worry, I'll rent a Ferrari or ship my 430 over. Or even better, I'll go as a passenger in your car. That way I can dent the Champagne bottles at Cavallino.

Salve,
Capo

post #65 of 787 Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Owner
Elite Member

it's a date. third week in january.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind offer wetpet! Don't worry, I'll rent a Ferrari or ship my 430 over. Or even better, I'll go as a passenger in your car. That way I can dent the Champagne bottles at Cavallino.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #66 of 787 Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Owner

Quote:
it's a date. third week in january.
Wow!

I can't wait to meet all your Hooter-girls!!

Salve,
Capo

post #67 of 787 Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Owner
Elite Member

They are not mine, they are shared by all red blooded americans!but i do tend to have more than the average joe. Sorry to drag your thread down into the gutter admiral. Last post.

post #68 of 787 Old 05-04-2011, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 735
Cotati track today

Dear Rik,

This is a reply to your question on another thread regarding the Cotati race track. First photo is an aerial view (from a web site which I do not recall) of the track laid out on an old Navy auxiliary airfield. Second photo is my attempt to overlay that track on the Cotati community today. The outlines are pretty easy to match. It is no wonder you could not find it now.

Best regards,

Robert
post #69 of 787 Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi guys,

Talking about Cotati reminded me to look at a couple of the old shots from 1961. First and third are the glorious pits, the second is on the short straight before the last turn. Looks like a nice day out in the meadows.

Best regards,

Robert
post #70 of 787 Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Thanks for the update Admiral:

I'll google-map that for a better look. Noticed the airport road still exists, probably to everyone under xx years old as to why. Matter of fact my youngest son works at that COSCO shown just above the NE corner of the old track.

Great pics. Bet having a Ferrari, in those days racing was quite an attraction.

BTW: Like the Blue better than the red

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 05-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
post #71 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member

A trio of ferrarilifers. From left, the Colonel, the Admiral and the buck private. Thanks Admiral!

post #72 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
A trio of ferrarilifers. From left, the Colonel, the Admiral and the buck private. Thanks Admiral!
Nice ! What was the occasion ? w/ smiles Jimmy
post #73 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Admiral - Here are a couple of photos I got off the Internet. Maybe you already saw these? Anyway, enjoy. Mykol

Last edited by Neonzapper; 05-15-2011 at 01:47 PM.
post #74 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Dear Mykol,

Appreciate your finding the shots of Rubirosa. The first one is not of my car, however the second one is. Most likely taken at Nassau in December 1955, although it could be at Sebring in March of 66.

Best regards,

Robert

Last edited by Admiral Goodwrench; 05-15-2011 at 05:22 PM.
post #75 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Owner
Elite Member

the Colonel was in town for a stripper convention so we decided to get together for a pizza! The admiral had no part in it except to graciously allow us to stop by and see his car. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Nice ! What was the occasion ? w/ smiles Jimmy

post #76 of 787 Old 05-15-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Dear Jimmy,

It was a bit more complex than that. Wetpet did not give the Colonel any clue as to what car he was going to see when they come to visit. After looking at the plethora of bling on the living room shelves that the little blue car has won over the past couple of years we went out to the garage and the Colonel was duly startled to see it up close and personal for the first time. I think he wore out the button on his camera, but that is the effect the little blue car has on people.

Besides, it gave me a chance to tell more sea stories about the car! Surprise? NOT!

Best regards,

Robert
post #77 of 787 Old 05-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Owner

Quote:
the Colonel was in town for a stripper convention so we decided to get together for a pizza! The admiral had no part in it except to graciously allow us to stop by and see his car. Thanks again!
So, ...what goes on at a stripper convention ??? Enlighten the curious. Was it a Christian stripper convention by any chance because I believe the Colonel mentioned somewhere that he was a Christian, well, maybe not, at least in spirit ???
You guys sure know how to live. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #78 of 787 Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Dear Jimmy,

It was a bit more complex than that. Wetpet did not give the Colonel any clue as to what car he was going to see when they come to visit. After looking at the plethora of bling on the living room shelves that the little blue car has won over the past couple of years we went out to the garage and the Colonel was duly startled to see it up close and personal for the first time. I think he wore out the button on his camera, but that is the effect the little blue car has on people.

Besides, it gave me a chance to tell more sea stories about the car! Surprise? NOT!

Best regards,

Robert
Must have been a real treat for the Colonel, I must say, even after a stripper convention the little Blue encounter must have been more gratifying. Lucky Colonel. May I add that the stories behind are what make the whole thing interesting and enchanting. Nice photo shot of you three there. Thanx for the posts. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #79 of 787 Old 05-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Yes, Christian. Episcopalian, of course. There may have been a few Agnostics that snuck in, but they can't be sure. I can't really tell you what goes on as I would never attend such an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
So, ...what goes on at a stripper convention ??? Enlighten the curious. Was it a Christian stripper convention by any chance because I believe the Colonel mentioned somewhere that he was a Christian, well, maybe not, at least in spirit ???
You guys sure know how to live. w/ smiles Jimmy

post #80 of 787 Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Life's history

The following are my son's comments on another forum but thought they should be included in this thread as they paint a super concise picture of my life as a Ferrari owner from a perspective other than mine. I agree with most of it except the bit about a stupid son as I didn't raise any stupid kids.

Best regards,

Robert

"well, let me give another possibility for why you wouldn't drive a car for 20 years - ok, make it 40 . . .

Initially; you've raced it for 7 years, and it is now 12 year-old racing technology. Your lunch is being eaten by Lotus 23s and Birdcage Masers every weekend. You try to sell it for $4k, but no one wants a drum-brake race car in 1967. Think about dropping an Offy v-8 in it and going to discs, but that's about a year's salary. Park it.

Later; you like racing, so you get something that whets your amatuer racing hunger on a Navy salary - fix up a derelict Mini Moke, stuff the 1275 S motor in it and put on Penske Can-Am qualifying tires. By 1974 you've won an SCCA championship in a Hillclimb Series. Ferrari still sits under a bedspread in the garage. Your kid leans his bike on it all the time.

Later yet: Stop racing because your wife doesn't much care for it. Start restoring some british sports cars. Also wonder about the Ferrari's history; immerse yourself in the Factory records you got in 61 and in the late 70s. Spend weekends in the microfiche room at Library of Congress going thru every Italian Sport Newspapaer to compile results; start creating a mammoth spreadhseet of 4-cylinder Ferrari race results, serials, drivers, internal motor numbers, etc. Write articles. And help build your stupid kid's house so your unruly grandkids don't live like Willy Wonka's grandparents.

Later still: Saved your retirement pennies for many years so you start restoring the old beast. You rebuilt the motor several times when you were in your 20s, so do it again. Recondition/rebuild/conserve everything you can yourself, put the car back together w/ David Carte. Win your class at Pebble Beach (which seems to have become a bad thing on this forum?) and get to discuss the car w/ Enzo's little boy. Do all the green grass shows you ever wanted to do; preach the gospel of Ferrari history to every tifosi who cares to listen while you're there. Start putting the car on the track for 80% (ok, 85%, but don't tell the wife) drives; you like it and the car really likes it. You and the car are both senior citizens w/ nothing to prove, so no wheel-to-wheel racing.

Every car and owner has its own story."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode