Underater Ferrari in canada? Which model? SN please. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Underater Ferrari in canada? Which model? SN please.

In another Ferrari forum, I read today 3 pages of correspondence among forumites regarding a vintage Ferrari that is underwater in Canada. Maybe it fell off a ferry, who knows? But the correspondence, instead of talking about the car, the model of which no writer identifies, falls into a lot of name calling between a marine salvage expert who decries the reputation of famous novelist/ marine salvage expert Clive Cussler who everyone knows has the money in his hip pocket to lead a search for this car, if only to promote his Dirk Pitt series (the fictional Dirk Pitt being a car collector).
Apparently the government that has authority over the area refuses to allow the bottom of the river/lake/ocean (where is it?) to be disturbed.

Maybe for ecology reasons, or navigational reasons, whatever, governments have been known to change their minds when they get a piece of the action.

All I want to know is:
-what Ferrari model is it?
-what's the SN?
-what year did it head for the drink?
-was it sent to a watery grave on purpose?
The reason that website that brought it up won't feature more correspondence from the man who first brought it up is that he is a salesman for a car dealership who they felt over-promoted the dealership without becoming a commercial sponsor. But I say this is a too good a story to go uncommented on, so are there any Canucks who know the story?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode