Memorabilia question Thomassina gullwing coupe - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Memorabilia question Thomassina gullwing coupe

I bought this tiny medium condition metal model of a gullwinged Ferrari that I recognized as one of Tom Meade's Thomassina series (I think there were four of them, all custom Ferraris). I was surprised it had Tom Meade's name on the bottom(I hpe he got a royalty).; For those who don't know who Meade was, he was an American who back in the early '60s, went to Italy while in his 20s, after a Navy stint, and built some fantastic looking Ferrari one offs. I saw this one decades later at Metalcrafters in Fountain Valley so I don't know if it was sold, or just being displayed there.If anyone has an old classified telling what price it was advertised for, I'd like to know what year that was and what was the price?

I am also interested in any fan's projections of future value on the Thomassina cars. Are they respected in Ferrari collector circles or just customs as if George Barris did them? Will it be a cold day in Hell when there's a Tom Meade class at Pebble?

can't get pictures to load, will try later from dif.computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzman View Post

I am also interested in any fan's projections of future value on the Thomassina cars. Are they respected in Ferrari collector circles or just customs as if George Barris did them? Will it be a cold day in Hell when there's a Tom Meade class at Pebble?

Doubt there will be a Tom M class. Ferrari world is pretty divided on him. I have worked on one of the cars and did not consider it a great work in a few ways.

I also dealt with TM so I know pretty clearly where I stand.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode