250GT series I cab, ex-Porfiro rubirossa: Did Tom Meade buy it>? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-18-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
250GT series I cab, ex-Porfiro rubirossa: Did Tom Meade buy it>?

I had an argument about this accident with my sister who knows nothing of cars but is detail oriented. I told her Rubirossa , a world class playboy who, in succession, married two of the richest women in the world, was killed in a fiery crash but she found the picture of the car after it hit a tree in a public park in Paris. No fire evident. Bad hit, but I think the car was rebuildable. So I thought it odd the car was
destroyed.
Then in another Ferrari website somebody named GianniSerazzi in a 2014 post said
Tom Meade the famous (and now deceased) Ferrari customizer bought the wreck. I never knew about this or I would have asked him during our occasional meets a couple years back. I remember some flap about three Ferrari chassis being stolen from a place he had stored them in Westwood near UCLA but when I called the Police Dept. they said there was no theft report on file about those cars hence I can't confirm if one of those chassis was 1561GT. I am not a buyer, just a historian who would like to have my facts in a row like my sister.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 229
I remember seeing the black and white newspaper photo of the accident, many years ago. IIRC he skidded on wet leaves on a dark rainy evening on one of the roads though the Bois de Boulogne and left the road. From my recollection, there was no fire and although it is difficult to tell from a photo, I think the car was rebuildable, It was still recognisable as a Ferrari.

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
post #3 of 3 Old 03-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
this is it.
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode