need detail pictures or info about 330GTC hood latch cable - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-25-2013, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
need detail pictures or info about 330GTC hood latch cable

I am trying to fix a broken hood latch cable on a friend's 330GTC and I am puzzled by something I found when I unbolted the latch from under the cowl. The main hood release cable seems to run from the center of the cowl over to the driver's side of the engine bay and then through the firewall to end just behind a horizontal lever that I believe the cable was attached to before it broke. However the actual means of how it was attached to that lever is not clear. Plus when I unbolted the latch from under the center of the cowl I discovered a second cable running directly back from the latch assembly through the center of the firewall and presumably ending somewhere under the dash. I have not been able to locate the other end of that second cable as of yet. I am not sure anything other than the actual latch assembly is original. Even the bracket the horizontal lever is attached to under the left hand edge of the dash looks like it might be something someone crudely welded on there. I am posting a photo of the latch with a rough drawing of the cables as I found them.

Does anyone have either a photo showing any of these latch and release cable details? Is there supposed to be a secondary safety cable run directly back through the firewall from the latch? If so where does it end?
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode