Saturday "D" drive - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Saturday "D" drive

Weather on Saturday was wonderful had to decide between "F" and "D" and choose "D", on which all fluids, spark plugs and the final part of the exhaust has been changed within the last 3 weeks.
"D" started with a really big "roar" as the end peace of the exhaust by now are ANSA pipes only. Let the car idle for 5 minutes and then took it for a 60 km drive. Everything worked perfect but the most sensational change is the sound with the new Ansa pipes. Its louder but really not too loud as I'm really sensible to this. When I ordered those pipes (besides also ordering the totally original end pieces as well) I had no idea how it will sound. The seller only assured me I will be happy with it. And I am.
At all time the wonderful V12 sing-sound is beautifully present, much more for the driver to listen too than on the standart Ansa exhaust but at the same time really not in a offensive way.
After parking the car in the Garage again I had that strong feeling of: "Could I ever live without a classic?"
212Export is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
212- Sounds like fun. My old 14009 was missing part of the mufflers, too, with just the Ansa pipes in the rear and she sounded great. My third set of mufflers (HGTC) finally managed to come close to that exhaust music on my 575M. Nothing like a big V12 singing.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
212- Sounds like fun. My old 14009 was missing part of the mufflers, too, with just the Ansa pipes in the rear and she sounded great. My third set of mufflers (HGTC) finally managed to come close to that exhaust music on my 575M. Nothing like a big V12 singing.
Yes isn't it !
212Export is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Very nice! Summer is coming again, let the good times roll. I'm curious to see whether you will bring "F" or "D" to FLED6, 212. I have no preference as I love seeing and hearing both of these phenomenal cars.

Just got off the phone with my specialist and the 330GTC was finished this morning. I'm looking forward to my own first vintage Ferrari drive of 2012, I think she is now ready for quite a few miles again.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Very nice! Summer is coming again, let the good times roll. I'm curious to see whether you will bring "F" or "D" to FLED6, 212. I have no preference as I love seeing and hearing both of these phenomenal cars.

Just got off the phone with my specialist and the 330GTC was finished this morning. I'm looking forward to my own first vintage Ferrari drive of 2012, I think she is now ready for quite a few miles again.


Onno
What needed to be done on the 330 GTC ?
212Export is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Your's really is the nicest Daytona around and it is so great to see it on the road all the time.
Boxer is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
After parking the car in the Garage again I had that strong feeling of: "Could I ever live without a classic?"

If you have to ask, you already know the answer....

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
What needed to be done on the 330 GTC ?
Last drive I had a coolant leak, turned out to be the waterpump. Then I also had a complaint about the clutch, wouldn't come back up properly. Turns out it needed replacing, as well as the clutch pressure group. Then my machanic told me he spent a lot of time with the spring system for the clutch and seems he's managed to make it much lighter in operation than any other 330 he's used. I'm quite keen to try it. The car will be back at my house tomorrow mornig, I'll do a report on how she drives soon.

Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Last drive I had a coolant leak, turned out to be the waterpump. Then I also had a complaint about the clutch, wouldn't come back up properly. Turns out it needed replacing, as well as the clutch pressure group. Then my machanic told me he spent a lot of time with the spring system for the clutch and seems he's managed to make it much lighter in operation than any other 330 he's used. I'm quite keen to try it. The car will be back at my house tomorrow mornig, I'll do a report on how she drives soon.

Onno
I'll wait for your report. How many Km's have you "driven" with this clutch ?
212Export is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Your's really is the nicest Daytona around and it is so great to see it on the road all the time.
Thanks Boxer although it will be nothing to the "blue" one of one of our contributors here coming freshly out of restoration. Can't wait to see it.
212Export is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
If you have to ask, you already know the answer....
!
212Export is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
How many Km's have you "driven" with this clutch ?
No idea. At least 15,000, but could be a lot more. Not sure when the previous owner put one in.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale