Some new 275 onboard Youtube Videos - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-19-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Some new 275 onboard Youtube Videos

I mentioned the same thing under the Ferrari Discussions' Section,...that I finally succeeded in uploading three videos of behind the wheels (almost) in my 275. Cannot and do not know how to post links, therefore please go to Youtube and type in title as ......Ferrari 275 GTB 2 Alloy Longnose....and look for user name....jimmy7652. If you open that up, you ought to be able to fine three videos that I uploaded yesterday. I further explained the settings of the short drive in the Discussion thread so I would not repeat here. See how you like the old lady. Thanx for watching. w/ smiles Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Post adendumn

Well, I have not degenerated too badly, afterall,...because somehow I was able to upload the remaining videos (which I am doing at this moment). They should be able for viewing as soon as the uploading is finished.
The only problem left is to ask someone to post links or upload the youtubes to FL for me. That task, I have not mastered yet. Thanx, in advance. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Well, I have not degenerated too badly, afterall,...because somehow I was able to upload the remaining videos (which I am doing at this moment). They should be able for viewing as soon as the uploading is finished.
The only problem left is to ask someone to post links or upload the youtubes to FL for me. That task, I have not mastered yet. Thanx, in advance. w/ smiles Jimmy
Jimmy,
It's quite easy, just click on the You Tube Icon in the toolbar at the top right of the text screen and put the youtube identifier in between the quotes. The youtube identifier is in the url just after = sign. Just copy and paste it.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

post #4 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Jimmy,
It's quite easy, just click on the You Tube Icon in the toolbar at the top right of the text screen and put the youtube identifier in between the quotes. The youtube identifier is in the url just after = sign. Just copy and paste it.
Thanx, Barry for the directions. Unfortunately, having never done this kind of thing at all and comprehending such fundamental jargons the core problem that I must live with .... w/ tears, sweat, & smiles Jimmy
post #5 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Wow. Great videos. I've never been to Tokyo except passing through the airport and in these road shots it looks like a maze or a video game. But it seems the 275 is well up to the task!! Quite a few nice shots of merging and overtaking with a flick of the wheel and a little press on the pedal. Were you exceeding the speed limit? I only saw you going by other cars, didn't see any going by you. (except for the one video with you behind that white truck the whole time and that idiot in the white 4-door cutting you off.)

Nice "virtual ride" in a 275. Thanks for sharing!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Wow. Great videos. I've never been to Tokyo except passing through the airport and in these road shots it looks like a maze or a video game. But it seems the 275 is well up to the task!! Quite a few nice shots of merging and overtaking with a flick of the wheel and a little press on the pedal. Were you exceeding the speed limit? I only saw you going by other cars, didn't see any going by you. (except for the one video with you behind that white truck the whole time and that idiot in the white 4-door cutting you off.)

Nice "virtual ride" in a 275. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked them, Pete.
Yes, driving in Japan is quite unique. Very different from, say, driving in California. I suppose other cities like NYC, Boston, and SF have their uniqueness. I know because I live in those cities. Cannot say a word on Europe, no experience there.

The traffic in those videos were quite moderate because the hours were off the rush hours. Even then, you can see the difficulties and frustrations, altho I must say my patience and tolerance have adapted somewhat. Cars parked on streets are given, cars turning right and left where they should not, buses, delivery trucks, other cars cutting you off, taxis stopping anywhere they wish as if they own the road, signal lights almost every hundred meters, stop/go/stop and more stops,...my gripes go on forever.

As stated earlier, max speed on tollways 80kph (about 50mph) and streets are around 50kph (too low that I cannot translate to mph !!!). Much of the videotime, I was driving around 100kph at 3000rpm or so in 4th or 5th gear. Only in few instances that I went north of that, but always checking 360 degrees for cops. I am sure you can tell that whenever I get the rare opportunity to exceed and rev up the engine, I am braking and slowing almost simultaneously. This car was not made for this, she demands that you go faster and more (may I dare to say, like an insatiable GF ??? ).
Pretty soon, I should be able to upload few more videos going thru different tollways south of Tokyo (suburbs ?). Here, you have to deal with narrow roads and slower traffic. Different situations but same stories. Utter frustrations. w/ smiles Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 11-20-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling correction
post #7 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
http://youtu.be/ESNm9rsaEf4
http://youtu.be/TioyuyD6a9Q
http://youtu.be/2sE6NEqGTKk
http://youtu.be/VeiJrI91stg

Last edited by Andrew; 11-20-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: embed videos
post #8 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Jimmy I think I could run faster than the traffic.....and that is saying a lot.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Beautiful Car

Thanks for sharing
post #10 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thank You, Peter, for the help. Much obliged. w/ smiles Jimmy

PS. I am just about finished uploading ten more videos. After that set, I
still have about half a dozen, but that set includes three videos of my
RUF.

Last edited by Italian Lover; 11-20-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling correction
post #11 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Beautiful Car

Thanks for sharing
Thanx, Doug. Much obliged. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #12 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exander View Post
Jimmy I think I could run faster than the traffic.....and that is saying a lot.
Need you say more, Peter ! I concur.
Maybe I can go faster in my road bike. The last time I used my road bike to go to work, it took me just one hour, zipping along thru the traffic !!!
w/ smiles Jimmy
post #13 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

More videos uploaded !!!

Okay, I just finished uploading another batch. There's 15 videos.

I am uploading some more now. This set however includes three videos of my RUF Turbo R. This is a 1997 Porsche Twin Turbo S 993 model with RUF conversion. w/ smiles Jimmy

PS. Can someone help me post links to the new videos ??? Thanx in advance.
post #14 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
PS. Can someone help me post links to the new videos ??? Thanx in advance.
OK Jimmy
Here's the tutorial

First you take a look at the URL address for the actual video on You Tube. For example one of yours is

xxxxhttp://www.youtube.com/user/jimmy7652#p/a/u/1/ZzsCb7ZgcBY

The last bit of it is the identifier. In this case ZzsCb7ZgcBY

So next you go to the place in Ferrari Life where you want to post the video. Hit the "You Tube" icon (its below and to the right of the attachement icon you would use for pictures (the paper clip))

When you hit that You Tube icon you get this [YOUTUBE] here's where you put the 'identifier' [YOUTUBE]

In between the two [YOUTUBE] words you paste or type the identifier.

Then post the message.... and hey presto!

The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #15 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Owner

PS love the "tapping the dials". It reassures me no end. I thought I was the only novice newbie classic owner who did that...

post #16 of 16 Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Here are the embeds:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode