365 gt 2+2 - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
365 gt 2+2

1) I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a 365 GT 2+2. I am familiar with these models but would like to expand my knowledge, prior to puchase, thru text, etc. Any suggestions? 2) Is anyone familiar with how the rear suspension leveling system can be checked and how expensive it is to repair?
Thank You Cory
cory is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
1) I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a 365 GT 2+2. I am familiar with these models but would like to expand my knowledge, prior to puchase, thru text, etc. Any suggestions? 2) Is anyone familiar with how the rear suspension leveling system can be checked and how expensive it is to repair?
Thank You Cory
Welcome to FL, Cory. If your interest is in 2+2, why don't you also check the TomYang.net site, where the diehards congregate. Why do you prefer the said models over others ? Just curious. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Owner
 
bryanp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 642
also navigate your way around this site to the "Buyers Guides". there is one written just for the 365GT2+2 by Zac Dugger who has restored many of these cars.

I'll write more later on the levelers.
bryanp is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Welcome to FL, Cory. If your interest is in 2+2, why don't you also check the TomYang.net site, where the diehards congregate. Why do you prefer the said models over others ? Just curious. w/ smiles Jimmy
I prefer the 2+2 due to my young family. I have read other responses on that same issue and the reality that all going for a ride will wear off. I understand the simularities and differences between the 330 and 365s and thought that power steering, as well as the other subtle differences may be a better fit. Having always admired and desired one of these vintage ferraris I felt that this would be a good starter that all may enjoy. I really wasnt concerned with collectability as they are all special in their own way. Thank You for your response
cory is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
also navigate your way around this site to the "Buyers Guides". there is one written just for the 365GT2+2 by Zac Dugger who has restored many of these cars.

I'll write more later on the levelers.
I did review the buyers guide and was looking for a little more detail about these models. I have restored other vehicles and motorcycles in the past and more knowledge the better when doing the due dilligence to determine value in order to purchase. I understand that hiring someone to do a PPI is wise but I do not like to look at deals without knowing as much as I can. I am told that the added the leveling system to the rear suspension can be costly to repair and wanted to know more about them as I am so green when it comes to these great automobiles.
Thanks for the response!
cory is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Welcome Cory: You'll get some great advice here. BTW what country are your from, might help.

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Rik,
I am from the USA, Northeast portion of the country. And You?
cory is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
Rik,
I am from the USA, Northeast portion of the country. And You?

Sonoma C[razy forni]A

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Thats good driving country.
cory is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
I prefer the 2+2 due to my young family. I have read other responses on that same issue and the reality that all going for a ride will wear off. I understand the simularities and differences between the 330 and 365s and thought that power steering, as well as the other subtle differences may be a better fit. Having always admired and desired one of these vintage ferraris I felt that this would be a good starter that all may enjoy. I really wasnt concerned with collectability as they are all special in their own way. Thank You for your response
I can still recall of my experience years back when I began "looking" at Ferraris. I came across some pics of a dark blue 2+2 and I was thinking...what an elegant car both inside and outside. That car was owned by a lawyer in Boston and shipped to Japan then. Unfortunately, the size was not very practical for my reality here. Up where you live, there's a good crowd of owners who can help you out. Good luck with your search. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
I am looking forward to the search. Thank You
cory is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale