365 gt 2+2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
365 gt 2+2

1) I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a 365 GT 2+2. I am familiar with these models but would like to expand my knowledge, prior to puchase, thru text, etc. Any suggestions? 2) Is anyone familiar with how the rear suspension leveling system can be checked and how expensive it is to repair?
Thank You Cory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
1) I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a 365 GT 2+2. I am familiar with these models but would like to expand my knowledge, prior to puchase, thru text, etc. Any suggestions? 2) Is anyone familiar with how the rear suspension leveling system can be checked and how expensive it is to repair?
Thank You Cory
Welcome to FL, Cory. If your interest is in 2+2, why don't you also check the TomYang.net site, where the diehards congregate. Why do you prefer the said models over others ? Just curious. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
also navigate your way around this site to the "Buyers Guides". there is one written just for the 365GT2+2 by Zac Dugger who has restored many of these cars.

I'll write more later on the levelers.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Welcome to FL, Cory. If your interest is in 2+2, why don't you also check the TomYang.net site, where the diehards congregate. Why do you prefer the said models over others ? Just curious. w/ smiles Jimmy
I prefer the 2+2 due to my young family. I have read other responses on that same issue and the reality that all going for a ride will wear off. I understand the simularities and differences between the 330 and 365s and thought that power steering, as well as the other subtle differences may be a better fit. Having always admired and desired one of these vintage ferraris I felt that this would be a good starter that all may enjoy. I really wasnt concerned with collectability as they are all special in their own way. Thank You for your response
post #5 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
also navigate your way around this site to the "Buyers Guides". there is one written just for the 365GT2+2 by Zac Dugger who has restored many of these cars.

I'll write more later on the levelers.
I did review the buyers guide and was looking for a little more detail about these models. I have restored other vehicles and motorcycles in the past and more knowledge the better when doing the due dilligence to determine value in order to purchase. I understand that hiring someone to do a PPI is wise but I do not like to look at deals without knowing as much as I can. I am told that the added the leveling system to the rear suspension can be costly to repair and wanted to know more about them as I am so green when it comes to these great automobiles.
Thanks for the response!
post #6 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Welcome Cory: You'll get some great advice here. BTW what country are your from, might help.

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Rik,
I am from the USA, Northeast portion of the country. And You?
post #8 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Rik,
I am from the USA, Northeast portion of the country. And You?

Sonoma C[razy forni]A

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Thats good driving country.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
I prefer the 2+2 due to my young family. I have read other responses on that same issue and the reality that all going for a ride will wear off. I understand the simularities and differences between the 330 and 365s and thought that power steering, as well as the other subtle differences may be a better fit. Having always admired and desired one of these vintage ferraris I felt that this would be a good starter that all may enjoy. I really wasnt concerned with collectability as they are all special in their own way. Thank You for your response
I can still recall of my experience years back when I began "looking" at Ferraris. I came across some pics of a dark blue 2+2 and I was thinking...what an elegant car both inside and outside. That car was owned by a lawyer in Boston and shipped to Japan then. Unfortunately, the size was not very practical for my reality here. Up where you live, there's a good crowd of owners who can help you out. Good luck with your search. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

I am looking forward to the search. Thank You

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode