History of 1961 250 GT Coupe, VIN # 1831 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
History of 1961 250 GT Coupe, VIN # 1831

In 1971, I imported a used 61' Ferrari, VIN# 1831, Engine # 1831 into Oregon. I had purchased it from a mechanic in Modena, Italy while I was serving in the Army in Germany. I took my discharge in Europe and spent the next year driving a VW camper from the North Cape to Agadir. When I realized I was going to stay overseas for a while, I asked my dad to sell the Ferrari.
It was first sold to a dentist in Lake Oswego, Oregon, then traded for a Masaratti from a Portland, Or Realtor. That histoy goes to about 1979 and then I lost track of it. It was probably serviced/repaired at Ron Tonkin in Portland thru those years.
If anyone knows who now has this car, I would love to find them and fill in its history for them. Many thanks,

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
thanks for posting, leef. please contact Darren jaffrey in the UK, who keeps the 250 PF Coupe Registry. His contact info is on the website.

Register

as you can see, your old car is not on the registry for the Series II cars. The good new is that it is neither in the "deceased/replicas" section, either, so it is hopefully out there somewhere, ready to emerge from its storage place. I think darren would probalby create a spot in the Registry for your car, even though we don't know where it is right now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode