1956 'Bimbo' Ferrari V12 - HELP PLEASE! - Page 5 - Ferrari Life
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 106 Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
HELP! I need a value on this Bimboracer

HELP! I need a value on this Bimboracer. I found it at a garage sale, it appears to be somewhat restored. The owner said that her now deceased husband disconnected a wire so the grandkids couldn't just jump in and drive away, so it's not currently running. The big question is, what is it worth in this condition?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 106 Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyV View Post
HELP! I need a value on this Bimboracer. I found it at a garage sale, it appears to be somewhat restored. The owner said that her now deceased husband disconnected a wire so the grandkids couldn't just jump in and drive away, so it's not currently running. The big question is, what is it worth in this condition?
Hard to tell - let me know if you don't purchase or do and want to sell it.

4 - 5k
post #83 of 106 Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
I would be very interested in this as well, so please advise if it becomes available.

I would rate the fully restored value in the $5k range.

As it sits (assuming spoke wheel covers are missing, steering wheel not correct, horn button/wheel center missing, windshield missing, etc, etc)

I would rate value, as it sits, between $1,800 and $2,200...

Thanks!

post #84 of 106 Old 09-24-2012, 04:18 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Hi Kartman. I would be very interested in purchasing suitable tires from you. My father used an alternate size about 20 years ago when he had repaired the car for my youngest child. Even then he had trouble finding the 13 x 2 1/2 size. Let me know how best to contact you. Thanks so much.
post #85 of 106 Old 09-24-2012, 04:22 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman01 View Post
I would be very interested in this as well, so please advise if it becomes available.

I would rate the fully restored value in the $5k range.

As it sits (assuming spoke wheel covers are missing, steering wheel not correct, horn button/wheel center missing, windshield missing, etc, etc)

I would rate value, as it sits, between $1,800 and $2,200...

Thanks!
There are other modifications on the car. Notice
the "Frenched-in" headlights and taillights. Replacing (producing) wire wheel
hub caps would be expensive.
IMO you are high in your present condition estimate, and low for one restored properly ;-)
post #86 of 106 Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsuriano View Post
Hi Kartman. I would be very interested in purchasing suitable tires from you. My father used an alternate size about 20 years ago when he had repaired the car for my youngest child. Even then he had trouble finding the 13 x 2 1/2 size. Let me know how best to contact you. Thanks so much.

Please reach out to me at [email protected] and we can go from there. Thank you!
post #87 of 106 Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Snake View Post
There are other modifications on the car. Notice
the "Frenched-in" headlights and taillights. Replacing (producing) wire wheel
hub caps would be expensive.
IMO you are high in your present condition estimate, and low for one restored properly ;-)

Jim:

I did not initally notice the headlight and taillight modifications... and there is still a question as to what shape the chassis/pan, steering and if the motor/charger is all there. I agree with you, my earlier 'as is' estimate was way too high...
post #88 of 106 Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 PM

If anyone is interested in buying this Bimboracer, please email me your best offer at [email protected]

It is located in WA State. Best offer. Can ship. Please include a phone number in your first email to be taken seriously. I can see right through a scam, so don't bother trying.
post #89 of 106 Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniak88r View Post
Kartman01, I have owned one of these cars for 31 years or since birth, however you want to put. This car was the only thing I ever got from my biological father. Until tonight I only had a vague idea what it actually was. My car is in poor condition but I would say about 80% complete. It is missing the headlights and possibly the grill. The winsheild is broken and the bimboracer emblem missing. Everything else is there. I have held onto the car with the hopes of someday restoring it. At this point I may consider selling it. I see that there are other people on this site that have a much greater knowledge of the car than me. I would love it if an honest person could give me a ball park figure of what these are worth. Or a location to obtain parts for a restoration. Thanks,MJ
Hi, i m Fabio from italy, sorry for my english.

Do u sell your bimboracer?

I m looking one for my kids

Ty

Fabio
post #90 of 106 Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 AM

My email is [email protected] i m looking for one bimbo to restoring...sorry for my english, if u sell one or kno wwho sell one i m looking used i wanna restore myself.
Ty Fabio
post #91 of 106 Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM

bimbo racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniak88r View Post
Kartman01, I have owned one of these cars for 31 years or since birth, however you want to put. This car was the only thing I ever got from my biological father. Until tonight I only had a vague idea what it actually was. My car is in poor condition but I would say about 80% complete. It is missing the headlights and possibly the grill. The winsheild is broken and the bimboracer emblem missing. Everything else is there. I have held onto the car with the hopes of someday restoring it. At this point I may consider selling it. I see that there are other people on this site that have a much greater knowledge of the car than me. I would love it if an honest person could give me a ball park figure of what these are worth. Or a location to obtain parts for a restoration. Thanks,MJ
I've restored 6 of these little cars I do have some parts and would be interested in buying another one
post #92 of 106 Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

I am starting the restoration of Bimbo #2 and will post updates periodically. I am looking for an original charger for the car and can pay $$$ or trade parts. Please advise if anyone has one available. My email address is: cjonesonthelakeAThotmail.com.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by kartman01; 02-17-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: add photo
post #93 of 106 Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I have a original bimbo racer. I would like to talk to you about parts and I might consider selling mine. Please contact me at 509-307-0973 or [email protected]
post #94 of 106 Old 07-01-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

I am seeking one Pirelli 'Bambino' tire in any reasonible condition for the Bimbo Ferrari restoration project I am working on. Top dollar paid for tire. My email is: cjonesonthelakeATgmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help!
post #95 of 106 Old 07-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
metal Bimbo?

About 30 years ago I aquired this childs car , not knowing what it was I called it my ferrari. ( all I got was the body, trunk lid ,front axle ,and wheels with perelli tires.Missing were windshield,steering ,lights, grille ,dash and motor.) About two years ago I decided to restore it .Not having reference as to what the missing parts look like I refered to auctual ferrari pictures and fabricated a windshield ,grille,headlights,tail lights,dash,and steering wheel.I used a differential and axles from a riding lawnmower. For power a 49cc pocket rocket motorcycle motor with electric start.It uses a uni- control lever, pushing it forward gives it gas pulling it back applies the brake . Reverse is supplied by a12v. ford power window motor. About a week ago I was watching a restoration show on tv -they were restoring a ferrari bimbo thats when I realized what I had. ----But the body of my car is all steel not fiber glass, can anyone give me any information about the steel body. I hope the mods dont devalue it.
Attached Images

Last edited by GwolfgangK; 07-05-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add pics
post #96 of 106 Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM

Forgot to mention my U Tube vidio (Ferrari by George first road test) it runs about 30mph and makes a lot of noise.
post #97 of 106 Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Question For Gwolfgangk

Gwolfgangk:

It sounds like you have a very interesting car, whatever it is all Bimbo Racers had fiberglass bodies so it is not one of those.

You mentioned the car originally had Pirelli tires... do you still have those? If so would you consider selling any of them?

Thanks for your post
post #98 of 106 Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM

sorry Idont have the tires when Iwas restoring the car Ifixed the leaks in the tubes ,aired them with 10psi the next dayIwent into my shop and found one of the tires with its tube bulging out of the sidewall---- SO ROTTED ended up putting scooter tires on the car
post #99 of 106 Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwolfgangK View Post
sorry Idont have the tires when Iwas restoring the car Ifixed the leaks in the tubes ,aired them with 10psi the next dayIwent into my shop and found one of the tires with its tube bulging out of the sidewall---- SO ROTTED ended up putting scooter tires on the car

Thanks for letting me know about the tires, Too bad they were beyond saving.
post #100 of 106 Old 11-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Wheel Bearings

We have a question about the placement of wheel bearings on the bimbo racer. Can anyone help me with the size and placement of the wheel bearings on the wheel assembly. Looking for suggestions or possible detailed pictures from inner axle to out axle of each wheel.