1963 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta On Offer - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Mike430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
1963 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta On Offer

On offer from Mike Sheehan...

We are pleased to offer 1963 Ferrari 250 Lusso s/n 4481 GT. This Lusso has just completed a $40,898.26 engine rebuild and a $7,407.66 suspension and brake system rebuild by Alfa of Tacoma. We welcome any mechanical or body inspection, as we do not believe there is a Lusso that can compare in today's market in this price range. Ready for any touring event or show. Priced very right and seriously for sale at $579,500.

250 Lusso s/n 4481 GT has near-new and near-flawless Blu Notte Metallizzato (very dark blue) paint with nicely patinaed tan leather over a better-than-new body. 250 Lusso s/n 4481 has had only two owners from new with one well documented owner since 1969, so 41 years. A gorgeous pampered Lusso that runs and drives as nicely as it looks! Documented history going back when it left the factory.
The 250 Lusso was the last of the legendary 250 GT road cars and thanks to exquisite Pininfarina coachwork, the 250 Lusso remains one of the most aesthetically pleasing and best driving Ferrari road cars ever produced. With only 350 cars built, the 250 Lusso has always been the most collectable of the 250 GT road going Berlinettas. Thanks to a sweet running V-12, a Watts link rear suspension, a well spaced gearbox and disc brakes, the Lusso handles and drives as nicely as it looks.
250 Lusso s/n 4481 GT is complete with the very rare original build sheets, the original tool roll and tools, the Kurt Miska "Berlinetta Lusso" book and the Merritt "Operating handbooks" plus Factory correspondence. All matching numbers, of course.
Attached Images
               
Mike430 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
stunning: Show stopper.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Owner
 
colonel1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Alabama
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
stunning: Show stopper.
+1. Wonder if the radio thingy is factory? While I don't care for the distraction of it, it does appear to be nicely done...

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
colonel1961 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 07-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel1961 View Post
+1. Wonder if the radio thingy is factory? While I don't care for the distraction of it, it does appear to be nicely done...
At the time radios were fitted almost exclusively by the dealerships, to the wish of the 1st owner. So whilst not factory, it is likely to be original, considering the car only has had 2 owners.

Really exciting car - if it is as good as it looks, it's a very good price too.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 07-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Owner
 
colonel1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Alabama
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
At the time radios were fitted almost exclusively by the dealerships, to the wish of the 1st owner. So whilst not factory, it is likely to be original, considering the car only has had 2 owners.

Really exciting car - if it is as good as it looks, it's a very good price too.


Onno
Thanks for the info! And I agree, what a great '401k'...


Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
colonel1961 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Owner
 
USADino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USADino
Ferrari Life Posts: 826
Garage
That was Riley Kuehn's Lusso from 1969 until this year. It sat for decades untouched and unused after he attempted to rebuild the engine and then let it sit unfinished. Carlo of Alfa of Tacoma said the repaint (early 70's) had too heavy of a metallic flake for his personal taste
USADino is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Interesting. I wonder what has happened with the car in the meantime.

Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Owner
 
USADino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USADino
Ferrari Life Posts: 826
Garage
It sat in his garage under a cover while he drove his 308. Health and aghe issues caused him to want to sell.
USADino is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
That's not what I meant, I meant what happened after it was advertised at Sheehan's.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Well, looks like this Lusso got sold in no time ! w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Owner
 
colonel1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Alabama
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Your 275 GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Well, looks like this Lusso got sold in no time ! w/ smiles Jimmy
Jimmy:

I shared the FLQ-12 with our articles in it with a friend yesterday and while he had driven my 430 (and was mentioned in the article) he could not get over your 275 GTB. When I told him that you drove it to work in and around Tokyo he didn't believe me! What a magnificent machine, although the Lusso in this article has those special lines, as well.

Col.

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
colonel1961 is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel1961 View Post
Jimmy:

I shared the FLQ-12 with our articles in it with a friend yesterday and while he had driven my 430 (and was mentioned in the article) he could not get over your 275 GTB. When I told him that you drove it to work in and around Tokyo he didn't believe me! What a magnificent machine, although the Lusso in this article has those special lines, as well.

Col.
Thanx for the comment. If I may stray off from the main thread topic for a minute, ...there is no point for me to make stories or lie. I am not that kind of individual. What I said is true. Living in Japan (at least in the metropolitan areas), car is not a necessity. One can commute to work by public means, similar to NYC. I try to take my cars out for work out (for me, that is to work in Tokyo) at least once a week. My 275 is no exception. Gotta live with the realities. I have no doubt that cars like 275 belong in the roads of Europe where they are most natural. Thanx again. Hope all is well with you. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Owner
 
colonel1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Alabama
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Thanx for the comment. If I may stray off from the main thread topic for a minute, ...there is no point for me to make stories or lie. I am not that kind of individual. What I said is true. Living in Japan (at least in the metropolitan areas), car is not a necessity. One can commute to work by public means, similar to NYC. I try to take my cars out for work out (for me, that is to work in Tokyo) at least once a week. My 275 is no exception. Gotta live with the realities. I have no doubt that cars like 275 belong in the roads of Europe where they are most natural. Thanx again. Hope all is well with you. w/ smiles Jimmy
A matter of semantics, Jimmy. I should have said he was very surprised that you drove it to work. I certainly didn't mean to imply that he did not believe you! Sorry for the confusion!

Col.

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
colonel1961 is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
The sexiest color for the Lusso is definitley Marrone Brown-the same color Stve McQueen had on his Lusso.
Bcarr is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel1961 View Post
A matter of semantics, Jimmy. I should have said he was very surprised that you drove it to work. I certainly didn't mean to imply that he did not believe you! Sorry for the confusion!

Col.
I must have missed your post, Col., sorry. Do not worry, I did not take the comment in any distorted manner. If you are not familiar with what you have to live with here, it is sometimes difficult to comprehend. Hope all is well. Now back to the main topic. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr View Post
The sexiest color for the Lusso is definitley Marrone Brown-the same color Stve McQueen had on his Lusso.
I had the privilege of driving the MM Tribute with that car last year. It certainly looks great on the road, and spectacular on the roads of Italy. But there are more beautiful original colours out there IMHO. Rosso Cordoba springs to mind.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale