1966 330 GT Series II On Offer - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
1966 330 GT Series II On Offer

On offer from Mike Sheehan...

We are pleased to offer 1966 USA model 330 GT 2+2 s/n 8627 GT. This multiple-Platinum winning 330 GT Series II comes with the full set of books, a perfect duplicate of the very rare original warranty card, the original metric yellow wiping rag, the jack and jack bag and the full tool set. Also comes with the Platinum awards from the various events. Priced very right for a platinum level 330 GT 2+2 and impossible to duplicate at $149,500.

This multiple-Platinum winning 330 GT 2+2 is finished in gorgeous Rosso Scuro (dark red) over a mirror straight body and fitted with a very elegant near-new Crema leather interior with unmarked dark red carpets, a stunning color combination. Has a well documented ownership history from new, with ownership documentation going back to the date first sold in 1966. This show quality 330 GT 2+2 has been restored to the highest level with constant improvements and updates, scoring Gold at Concorso Italiano in 2005. After obsessive-compulsive ongoing attention to detail it then scored Platinum at Concorso Italiano in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and Platinum at Bella Italiano in 2007 and 2008.

The full Crema leather interior and headliner are in as-new condition, as are the wood dash, the center console and the carpets. The engine, transmission and differential numbers are all correct for this chassis. The entire brake, suspension and cooling systems were rebuilt, repainted and re-plated to Platinum level. The car makes excellent power with no smoke and has excellent oil pressure. The suspension is soft and compliant, and the brakes stop the car effectively and evenly. Second gear synchro is good, both when warm and cold. This is a wonderfully driving car that runs as well as it looks. The attention to detail is fantastic, with items most never consider, such as working door lights, glove box light and the flashing red light built into the brake lever handle warning the emergency brake is on. The car sits on beautiful restored mag wheels with as-new Michelin XWX tires.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Wow. That's beautiful. The interior is so clean. Lusting for this now.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
That is all the money plus $50k.

post #4 of 15 Old 05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Fantastic looking example. But still a 2+2... and I suspect very much a showpiece, not a driver's example.

As an aside, before I owned my 330GTC, I never looked at the colour of rims. Why would you? But the previous owner changed the colour of my (his) rims, very slightly away from gray to slightly more champagne. It just looks so much better, the gray is really quite boring in comparison. But at the same time it's very subtle - most people don't notice it at all. I think you can see it very well on this shot taken at Imola. If you compare that with the car above, the difference is quite striking. At least, I think so.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images

post #5 of 15 Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Fantastic looking example. But still a 2+2... and I suspect very much a showpiece, not a driver's example.
Onno
+1, suspect it gets trailer to events and pushed out onto the grass. Sad
post #6 of 15 Old 06-19-2010, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

The owner of this 330 GT has authorized a price reduction. Now asking $139,500.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
. The car sits on beautiful restored mag wheels with as-new Michelin XWX tires.
The car looks fantastic but the wheel and tyres look a bit small in the wheel arch. they had not invented 70% profile tyres in the mid 60's. i think it should have fitted a Pirelli Cinturato if it is on 15" wheels, or 205VR14 Michelin XWX, but importantly no a low profile tyre
post #8 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
The owner of this 330 GT has authorized a price reduction. Now asking $139,500.
Think he is still being very ambitious.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

The owner has authorized a price reduction. Now asking $129,500.
post #10 of 15 Old 07-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
my gut says that 129 is probably right for this car (if the motor has good compression, etc). I got very close to this (thru Sheehan) for my 365GT2+2 in November which was fairly comparable condition to this car. I wonder, though, about the tran tunnel being trimmed in the white/crema leather. In my experience, the tunnel is always black vinyl from that period. If you're buying a newly restored show car/trailer queen, you want to get one that is correct - and not have some jackass concours judge like yours truly ding you a point for your immaculate, yet incorrect, interior.
post #11 of 15 Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Still much higher that what you would lkely pay in Europe.
post #12 of 15 Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
I wonder, though, about the tran tunnel being trimmed in the white/crema leather. In my experience, the tunnel is always black vinyl from that period. If you're buying a newly restored show car/trailer queen, you want to get one that is correct - and not have some jackass concours judge like yours truly ding you a point for your immaculate, yet incorrect, interior.
Yes, it is supposed to be vinyl, I'm positive.

As for Boxer's comment, I don't think EUR100k is too high, not if the car is really good. The thing is - there are many 2+2's out there, but very, very, very few are really good. A friend of mine owns a fantastic example and I'm sure that you could never buy it for EUR100k (if it was for sale).

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by JazzyO; 08-04-2010 at 07:32 AM.
post #13 of 15 Old 01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
A complete resto of a 330GT like this will run between $150 - $200k depending on the level of mechanical work that has been done and that doesn't even include the cost of the car before it gets the work done.

This is a amazing car at a great price IMHO. If it was a RHD I'd happily add it to the collection ;-)
post #14 of 15 Old 01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
It is unfortunate that not many more appreciate such elegant cars. She looks fantastic and shows being cared for well. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #15 of 15 Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
I think that car is simply stunning. Correct vinyl or not, market price or not, if I had the money she'd be MINE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode