My father's 250 GT Lusso - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
My father's 250 GT Lusso

I'm looking for this car, hope someone can help.
My father bought a second hand 250 GT Lusso almost surely in 1964, he drove it until 1968 when he changed it for the new Dino 206.
Unfortunately, he didn't record the chassis numbers of his cars, and even the registration numbers. I don't even have a single photo.

His Lusso was almost brand new, left hand drive, with only 30.000 km on the counter, he bought it in Turin, Italy and he remembers the first owner was Mr. Genero, a son of one of the most important FIAT managers of the years before 2nd WW.
The first registration was Torino (TO), than my father changed the registration in Cuneo (CN).

The car was in dark metallic silver (don't know the name of the correct Ferrari paint), with the interior in pale yellow; he says it was probably one of the first batch Lussos because during a meeting with Ferrari workshop personnel, they told him the latest ones had a new differential.
Had a 4 speed gearbox with overdrive.

Anyone has access to a Ferrari register for this model?
Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

I took a look at thr registry in the site; being that is not easy at all knowing even the original color of each car when it was brand new, I'm hoping to find a register of the first owners...
post #3 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
I'm suspecting without a serial number this will be way too difficult: Get that and I am sure I can find a result.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
The only real lead here is the first owner. Your almost only hope is Mr. Marcel Massini, the Ferrari historian, he is active on the Ferrarichat forum. I suggest you post a thread in the vintage section there (sorry Andrew, it's just that Marcel doesn't frequent this forum for some reason).

BTW, 30,000 km on the dial is hardly brand new, not in those days. It would have been 1/3 of the way through to a rebuild.

Best of luck with finding more info.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
^ Exactly who I was thinking. Marcel probably could tell you what clothes the owners were wearing, and on what day.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 11 Old 02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
The only real lead here is the first owner. Your almost only hope is Mr. Marcel Massini, the Ferrari historian, he is active on the Ferrarichat forum. I suggest you post a thread in the vintage section there (sorry Andrew, it's just that Marcel doesn't frequent this forum for some reason).

BTW, 30,000 km on the dial is hardly brand new, not in those days. It would have been 1/3 of the way through to a rebuild.

Best of luck with finding more info.

Onno
+1. Marcel is probably the best shot with so little to go with. Good luck. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #7 of 11 Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Have asked around but so far not able to find any information.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-22-2010, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot to everyone. Will be greatly difficult. But I will follow your advice, trying to post on FerrariChat Forum. I'm trying to ask my father if he remembers some more.
He told me the GTLusso was in great shape, he used it til 100.000kms without any problem (my father has great respect for his cars); when he changed it for the Dino, was a bit tired, but oil consumption still was quite little.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo Olivero View Post
Thanks a lot to everyone. Will be greatly difficult. But I will follow your advice, trying to post on FerrariChat Forum. I'm trying to ask my father if he remembers some more.
He told me the GTLusso was in great shape, he used it til 100.000kms without any problem (my father has great respect for his cars); when he changed it for the Dino, was a bit tired, but oil consumption still was quite little.
Nice to hear, Riccardo - guess these cars were quite reliable back in the day, maybe more so than I expected.

I hope you find out more about this car - good luck!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 11 Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Your other option is to contact the Classiche department at the factory and ask them to trace Mr Genero as the first owner of the 250 Lusso. Given that you know color, country of delivery, and name of the first owner, they should be able to find the chassis number. There can't have been too many silver/pale yellow 250 Lusso's delivered in Italy.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

I have some news/no news about this GT/Lusso.
I contacted Ferrari Classiche Department. They replied almost immediately, explaining they cannot give any data about cars, being that they can help with today owners exclusively, for privacy reasons. They don't want to give any notice you can use to find the actual owner, even undirectly. I tried to explain that I don't want to know from them where is and who eventually is the owner of the car, I just want to know the serial number of my father's car, the 250 Gt/Lusso sold to Mr. Genero in Turin in 1962, that my father bought second hand in 1964 directly from him (signing the paper into his small firm in the center of Turin, where he did many works for FIAT in cementing engine moving parts) when Mr. Genero decided to switch to the then new 275GTB.
I told Ferrari Classiche, i f they should have any contact, to give my mail and numbers because I know much about the first years of that car, and generally this sounds like gold to actual owners of very valuable cars.
I will try to contact Mr. Massini, any advice?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode