looking for picture of Enzo and his 250 GTE with - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
looking for picture of Enzo and his 250 GTE with

HI all
Does anyone have a picture (digital, paper, magazine or book reference,...) of Enzo Ferrari the man together with the 250 GTE he drove, which had the 4 liter superamerica engine, must be around 1959. It was a series 1 250 GTE (GT 2+2) and I believe it was silver with red leather.

thanks a lot

Tom, Brussels, Belgium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,197
Well,

[I take NO credit for any of this amazing history, I thank GOOGLE and 'other sites' for the info]

Like most of Ferrari history it is subject to a lot of research and speculation and if one cannot get the difinitive answer, then one goes with the best experts of the day.

There were three factory owned cars of that era, attributed to Enzo, but there is debate that he actually owned or drove any of them for more than a small moment in time.

The pic below is the one you are probably referring.

Here are some 'other items' take from the web.

From the road test of the GTE in "Sports Cars Illustrated", January 1961:

"At the time of this trial there were three Ferrari 2+2's running around Modena. Number one was the original prototype, number two the production prototype and number three the first actual production car. The latter was being used by Commendatore Ferrari himself, and needless to say we did not get our hands on it, but we were able to sample numbers one and two extensively."

Followed by:

There are three 330 GTs in the registry (www.330gt.com) with factory ownership:
4963 Registered by SEFAC and pictured with Enzo.
6453 Registered by SEFAC and probably used by Enzo.
7161 Registered by SEFAC and card from factory dated 1979 and signed by Enzo confirming his ownership.

Now, since Enzo owned the company, all could/would be 'his' until sold to someone else: FWIW.

And now this pic.

Man to the left is Peppino Verdelli , Enzo Ferrari's mechanic and personal chauffeur for 49 years.
Attached Images

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Thanks a lot Granucci for this picture!
Even though the picture is black and white I do not think the car on it is silver/grey, looks more red (?) to me...

I was referring to the one that was specifically modified with a superamerica 4 liter engine, 3 years before the 330 America series that was based on the 250 GTE.

Why do I ask? Well I own a silver/red 250 GTE with a 4 liter engine, would be nice to see the man himself had the same set of wheels!

thanks

Tom, Belgium

post #4 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,197
Does look too dark for a Grey. BUT, look to the (www.330gt.com) for pics and such.

Example, 7161 http://www.330gt.com/IndexPages/SNIndexP25.htm shows it Blu Metallizzato-Italvar, but, more research or such might show original factory build colors.

Marcel Massini has a definitive book I believe on the subject. ALSO, there have been several car associated with Enzo, not to also get into the definitive 'last' car Enzo persoanally had a hand in before his death: FOR ME the latter answer was most certainly the 456 GT 2+2, and I won't get into why/how, or such ...another thread for that.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
I recall seeing a color picture of Enzo's Superamerica in either FORZA or The Prancing Horse a few months back. I think it was green. Enzo wasn't in the picture.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-14-2020, 04:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Tom,

I stumbled onto this thread recently. Were you able to find an image of 250 GTE you were looking for back in '09? By chance is the attached image what you were looking for?

- Bill
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode