Ferrari 360 maintenance price?? Service at the dealer and independent shop - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Ferrari 360 maintenance price?? Service at the dealer and independent shop

Hello there,

I was interested in buying a Ferrari 360 in the future.

How much is the service on these bad boys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
In the UK, the annual will run about GBP 1000 with a major every three years including cambelt change for roughly GBP 2500.
post #3 of 54 Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
So Cal

Here is So Cal at Azzurro Corsa Motorsports The Minor Annual Service Runs about $600. A Cam Belt service runs about $1400 Parts & Labor.
Located in Carson Ca 562-219-9916.

Eddie Rodriguez

post #4 of 54 Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
But that cam belt service can run higher if you need tensioner bearings, replacement tensioners and bolts, etc.

It's safe to say to book $2K-$3K per year for overall services.

If you are mechanically inclined and have worked on cars before purchasing a Ferrari there is much you can do yourself.

6 speed will be less maintenance Vs F1, etc.

So choice of car and condition at purchase will be a factor as well.

Ferrari's are not for the faint of heart!

I believe you do Maserati service also, Eddie, eh?
post #5 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
But that cam belt service can run higher if you need tensioner bearings, replacement tensioners and bolts, etc.

It's safe to say to book $2K-$3K per year for overall services.

If you are mechanically inclined and have worked on cars before purchasing a Ferrari there is much you can do yourself.

So choice of car and condition at purchase will be a factor as well.

Ferrari's are not for the faint of heart!

I believe you do Maserati service also, Eddie, eh?
GCalo,
Yup, Maserati, Ferrari, Bentley, Aston Martin Services....
I am dead in the middle between FMOC and FMBH about 15 from either dealer.
post #6 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Owner

I have seen on MaseratiLife, Andrew's other site, the notice of your business.

Glad to have you here.

Here's a question. F1 360's have a panel on the right side in front of the F1 reservoir filler cap in the engine compartment. What holds that panel in and where are the bolts? Any that go down into the frame? My parts book does not detail that.
post #7 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I have seen on MaseratiLife, Andrew's other site, the notice of your business.

Glad to have you here.

Here's a question. F1 360's have a panel on the right side in front of the F1 reservoir filler cap in the engine compartment. What holds that panel in and where are the bolts? Any that go down into the frame? My parts book does not detail that.
4mm Allen bolts and I believe that is 4 bolts the panel slides down then up and off...
post #8 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Owner

Eddie

Where are those 4 bolts located?
post #9 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Quote:

Can you help me understand why a F1 is more to maintain? And how does it translate in terms of cost? And does it apply to the F1 transmission for a F430?
post #10 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Owner

The F1 cars and 6 speed manuals are the same transmission. The F1 uses computer and hydraulic commands to do the shifting.

There is no torque converter to break the "torque" from the engine as is present with auto tranny's.

So to make up for the loss of the torque converter, Ferrari introduces "slippage" at certain points. Thus, the clutch disc will wear out faster. It kills the car to back up mucha s that's the highest degree of slippage and the "auto" mode is the 2nd killer.

None of this occurs with manual shifters unless the driver is a poor driver.

So as a result the "degree of wear" must be checked by Ferrari's electronic diagnostic instrument known as an SD/2.

You have in the F1 system multipe seals, hoses, actuators, reservoir, fluid, adjustments, re-adjustments, extra weight, extra cost, extra complexity, etc, all of which add to maintenance. The F1 pump is an expensive nightmare as it starts to run the moment you open the driver's door, and it is less than fully reliable.

Same for the 430's.

In short find a 6 speed.

This applies to the
post #11 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 114
The F1 uses computer and hydraulic commands to do the shifting. Best explaination I've heard so far. I too like manual, but obviously those days are I think over. Other day was trying to use the clutch on the Viper. Can actually feel something,but time will tell.
Docf

There is no torque converter to break the "torque" from the engine as is present with auto tranny's.

So to make up for the loss of the torque converter, Ferrari introduces "slippage" at certain points. Thus, the clutch disc will wear out faster. It kills the car to back up mucha s that's the highest degree of slippage and the "auto" mode is the 2nd killer.

None of this occurs with manual shifters unless the driver is a poor driver.

So as a result the "degree of wear" must be checked by Ferrari's electronic diagnostic instrument known as an SD/2.

You have in the F1 system multipe seals, hoses, actuators, reservoir, fluid, adjustments, re-adjustments, extra weight, extra cost, extra complexity, etc, all of which add to maintenance. The F1 pump is an expensive nightmare as it starts to run the moment you open the driver's door, and it is less than fully reliable.

Same for the 430's.

In short find a 6 speed.

This applies to the[/QUOTE]
post #12 of 54 Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Owner

Doc

What happened?

You forget to finish before you took off?
post #13 of 54 Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Quote:
Doc

What happened?

You forget to finish before you took off?
Slippage is introduce when I go in reverse. What if I just engage the auto button on a F1 car and avoid going in reverse as much as possible, can it extent the life of the clutch disc?

Is the SD/2 is also necessary to repair the clutch disc?

And is this a job suitable for a diy?
post #14 of 54 Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Dragon 23 View Post
Slippage is introduce when I go in reverse. What if I just engage the auto button on a F1 car and avoid going in reverse as much as possible, can it extent the life of the clutch disc?

Is the SD/2 is also necessary to repair the clutch disc?

And is this a job suitable for a diy?
SD2 is needed to read clutch wear.

Putting it in auto will significantly reduce clutch life.
post #15 of 54 Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Eddie

Where are those 4 bolts located?
they are located on the panel two down by the muffler and the other two on top by the fender they almost hidden under the fender.
post #16 of 54 Old 06-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Owner

Eddie

Thank you.

I did see them today on a car.
post #17 of 54 Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Just to clarify F1 Auto mode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Putting it in auto will significantly reduce clutch life.
Sorry, no offense but absolutely wrong. The Auto model utilizes exactly the same hardware and software as manual mode. The only difference is who decides when to shift (a computer in Auto, the driver in manual).

This is one of those Ferrari urban legends which has really grown legs over the years. Probably mixed up with the "low traction" mode which really does eat the clutch and has it's actuation button right next to the Auto button.

"Fear of guns is a sure sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis, 1906.
post #18 of 54 Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Owner

I have to disagree with Mr. Camdon even though he has a beautiful Azzuro coupe with bordeaux interior!

The auto mode is a killer because it shifts differently causing a slight bit more slippage.

Mr. Crall, aka Rifledriver, has indicate (to the best of my recollection) that extensive use of "auto mode" and reverse are early clutch killers.

Take me to task but that's what was told to me and also a reason why my Azzuro coupe has a 6 speed!
post #19 of 54 Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Quote:
....The auto mode is a killer because it shifts differently causing a slight bit more slippage.

Mr. Crall, aka Rifledriver, has indicate (to the best of my recollection) that extensive use of "auto mode" and reverse are early clutch killers.....
Hi Greg. I think you need to check again with Brian Crall about this. He will confirm that F1 reverse and low traction modes use the same software and are both very hard on the clutch if used to excess, but he will also confirm the auto mode is identical in every way to the "normal" manual mode. That means clutch wear is identical as well. The F1 "sport" mode shifting is somewhat quicker than normal mode shifting but wear on the clutch is not materially different between these two modes either.

Again, this is one of those urban legends which just will not die. Pretty much the same with the myth that the F1 is necessarily harder on clutches than a 6-speed manual like yours. Either system can be abused into premature clutch wear but both can also be correctly driven to exactly the same very high mileage. It may be easier to drive the F1 badly, but potential clutch life with either one is the same when driven properly.

"Fear of guns is a sure sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis, 1906.
post #20 of 54 Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Owner

I will again check with hi next time I am by his shop.

Always want to know the true story.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode