Considering a 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Considering a 360

Hi guys im new to the forums but im gonna tell you guys straight!
I am currently considerring buying a 360, but im wonderring roughly what the servicing/maintenance costs are when taking it to independant dealers if someone could outline a few prices theyve had to pay it would be brilliant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by martybhoy View Post
Hi guys im new to the forums but im gonna tell you guys straight!
I am currently considerring buying a 360, but im wonderring roughly what the servicing/maintenance costs are when taking it to independant dealers if someone could outline a few prices theyve had to pay it would be brilliant!
Are you US or UK based? If in the UK I would budget GBP1500 per year with a large service running GBP3-4k every 3 years. This is just service costs and does not include regular running costs (gas, insurance, and tires).
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I'm based in the uk Scotland to be precise. A few friends were recommending a 350z for my next purchase but Ferraris have always been my passion! So I'm wonderring how much of a difference it is in cost for a few top end cars but the 360s my choice. Also I have seen a few on pistonhwads auto-trader etc, what is the likelyhood of the ones on the cheaper side being absolute dogs? Or is it a general thing that the 360 doesn't entail too many problems? Iv heard it's quote reliable. What sort of millage should I be looking at when buying one? Thanks for all the help guys it really is helping me go straight for the 360 rather than something less! Thanks guys

post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Ferrari's are not Japanese cars. They need maintenance at regular intervals. You can figure about $1k-$2K/year average on maint.

If these costs are too much stay with the 350Z.

Ferrari's need care. If this is not for you don't do it.

You can't buy one on passion; you have to use reason.

Welcome to F.L.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
welcom: do lots of reading and questioning here, suggest reading first the owners guides linked above ,and the forum areas.

Boxer's quotes are about right for UK, Greg can speak from experience too.

me, not so, as no 360 yet.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 6 Old 03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by martybhoy View Post
I'm based in the uk Scotland to be precise. A few friends were recommending a 350z for my next purchase but Ferraris have always been my passion! So I'm wonderring how much of a difference it is in cost for a few top end cars but the 360s my choice. Also I have seen a few on pistonhwads auto-trader etc, what is the likelyhood of the ones on the cheaper side being absolute dogs? Or is it a general thing that the 360 doesn't entail too many problems? Iv heard it's quote reliable. What sort of millage should I be looking at when buying one? Thanks for all the help guys it really is helping me go straight for the 360 rather than something less! Thanks guys
Highly likely that the cheap ones are dogs. I would do a full PPI on any 360 you might be serious about buying. Mileage is not a big issue if the cars have be properly maintained and higher mileage cars will sell for a discount. Overall mine has been highly reliable.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode