Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Ramon, Calif
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
360 Horn Replacement
360 HORN REPLACEMENT
1. Remove front bumper (see the instructions)
2. Remove left and right factory electric horns. There is one on each side.
3. Purchase a two trumpet air horn kit and 3' extra length clear tubing.
4. Placement of the new horn bells is in the driver side radiator area.
5. Use steel wool to rough up the surface of the plastic trumpets, clean off, put newspaper or the like inside the trumpets, and then spray paint the red air horns flat black a day before you are to use them. The painting is done since you are placing them in the radiator area.
6. Mount the air horn trumpets and run a length of tubing from the mounted trumpets towards front center where the compressor will go.
7. Compressor mounting in center of vehicle is better as it keeps radiator heat away from the compressor. Drill two ¼” holes for the bracket into the trunk, push round head of the ¼-20 screws from inside the trunk towards the outside, and secure the compressor mounting bracket.
8. Get a small container of 3-in-1 oil and squirt at least a few tablespoons in to the compressor. This is quite important. The compressor has to be lubricated or it will not work properly. You can’t overfill it, and any excess will just come out of the horns.
8. Run the extended wiring from either of the old horn wiring connections to the new compressor location in the center of the vehicle.
9. Feed the air hose tubing to the compressor.
10 Connect the wire to the air comp.
11. Test to make sure it is working. This is very important. You need to make sure it is working before you replace the bumper. There is an output and inlet on the compressor, and both connections are usually the same size! So make sure you test to ensure you have the tubing on the outlet side of the compressor!
12. Replace the bumper and look for the alignment marks you previously made to ensure the bumper is properly aligned.
13. Folks will now get out of your way!