360 Modena INFO - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-15-2008, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
360 Modena INFO

Hello
Right now I have a Z06, that I'm running about 10k miles a year. Would that be to many miles for a 360 modena if I planned on having it for 4 years. Another thing is what is the maintenance cost on a 360. So lets say if I bought one with 10K miles on it and put 40k on it over the next 4 years it would have 50k on it what would you think I would spend on maintenance costs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome to Ferrarilife! Good luck with the 360, several people own one on here and will be of great help.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #3 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
That's definitely not too many miles for a 360. The more you drive it the healthier it is. I'm not sure on maintence costs over that time period but you would have to have a major service done throughout that mileage.

Breck

post #4 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
There are multiple posts on this. Do a quick search on 360 Maintenance.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
I agree with Boxer -- search and you'll find lots to think about. I think you'll find the 360 much diffrerent from your Z06. The Corvette will have more low- and mid-range grunt in a straight line but the Ferrari is much more nimble as the turns get tighter. The 360 also has a much roomier and more elegent & stylish interior.

Maintanence costs for a 360 will be higher than for the Corvette, averaging something like $3k-$5K per year depending on how much "deferred maintanence" you practice. It could be higher if you burn up the clutch or other major component. The 50K miles will hurt resale value but is nowhere near too many miles for a well cared for 360. As others have said, the more mine gets driven the better it runs.

It's a great car, well worth the higher price and maintanence costs of a Z06.

"Fear of guns is a sure sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis, 1906.
post #6 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptumanic View Post
Hello
Right now I have a Z06, that I'm running about 10k miles a year. Would that be to many miles for a 360 modena if I planned on having it for 4 years. Another thing is what is the maintenance cost on a 360. So lets say if I bought one with 10K miles on it and put 40k on it over the next 4 years it would have 50k on it what would you think I would spend on maintenance costs?
For a 360 you should plan a yearly budget of around $10K. You may not always hit this number but averaged over 4 years this is a realistic number. The oil change and fluid check alone is $500+ Tires, $800+/each. Etc.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
For a 360 you should plan a yearly budget of around $10K. You may not always hit this number but averaged over 4 years this is a realistic number. The oil change and fluid check alone is $500+ Tires, $800+/each. Etc.
Wow $10k a year for maintenance alone...eekkk

I also have a Corvette (like the OP) and have been leaning towards the Modena as well. I just really like my SC Corvette and don't know if all the extra $$$$ will be worth the upgrade. Then there's the family and friends who will think you hit the lotto when they see you pull up in a Ferrari. Still, everytime I see one (next to never) I want it so BADDDDD!!!!

Good luck, I hope you get it soon!
post #8 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
10k sounds really high. I'm spending around 3k per year on a 348. I thought 360's were cheaper. Maybe 10k in total operating costs??? Then again...what do I know about 360's

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #9 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 08:25 PM

Everything that I've read 10k looked like a lot also.

Supercar
You know you want the 360 ...then I could get its baby brother!

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #10 of 18 Old 08-20-2008, 05:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Everything that I've read 10k looked like a lot also.

Supercar
You know you want the 360 ...then I could get its baby brother!

Chris
What's the 360's baby brother? Are you meaning the Vette?
post #11 of 18 Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCAR View Post
What's the 360's baby brother? Are you meaning the Vette?
Only if you're deciding to toss it to the side.

Breck
post #12 of 18 Old 08-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Dmitri has a brilliant idea I was thinking more along the lines of the F355.

Chris

post #13 of 18 Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Not sure what you guys are talking about 3-5K a year. I drive about 2K a year had my 360 for 1 year and spent $360 on oil change, and $60 on air filters...
post #14 of 18 Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by toussi1 View Post
Not sure what you guys are talking about 3-5K a year. I drive about 2K a year had my 360 for 1 year and spent $360 on oil change, and $60 on air filters...
First off - I've only had my 550 for 14 months but if you think that your first year is an average Ferrari year you're going to get the shock of a lifetime.

Second - there are a lot of owners who do such small mileage as you do (and I'm not saying you are such an owner) and who sell the car on after 3 years or so having done no maintenance at all. A future owner will be the poor bastard who has to clean up the mess. Ferrari's don't like to be standing, and they don't like to not be maintained. If you own the car to keep, as I do, and drive, as I definitely do, then you need to spend some money to keep the car in tip-top shape. I will guarantee you that a car maintained like that will perform a lot better than a 5k miler from 2001 on 7 year old tyres. I put a new set on mine last month - close to $3,000...and yes, those are normal prices.

I do agree though that $10k for a 360 is a high average. Should be more in the $5k bracket, if we are talking maintenance only, and depending on mileage (both already on the car and done per year).

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by JazzyO; 08-22-2008 at 10:05 AM.
post #15 of 18 Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Having owned a second hand 550 for about 2 years (which I use often and don't exactly idle around), I don't see on what would you spend avg 10k a year, unless you're racking up reserves for the replacement car a few years down, or a complete refurbishment in 4 years.

I can also inform that I do my maintenance at the local Ferrari dealer on top of it, and I go there for anything that goes wrong. Ok so it's not a 360, but still, it can't be that different.

Boxer would know for sure, he has two of them.

But it must surely cost more than a Z06 to service.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #16 of 18 Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp22 View Post
Having owned a second hand 550 for about 2 years (which I use often and don't exactly idle around), I don't see on what would you spend avg 10k a year, unless you're racking up reserves for the replacement car a few years down, or a complete refurbishment in 4 years.

I can also inform that I do my maintenance at the local Ferrari dealer on top of it, and I go there for anything that goes wrong. Ok so it's not a 360, but still, it can't be that different.

Boxer would know for sure, he has two of them.

But it must surely cost more than a Z06 to service.
$10k is high. $3-5k annually is more the norm but count on a larger bill every 3-4 years for the cambelt change, engine mount replacement, new discs, steering rack refurb, etc.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
$10K is high and I'm conservative, what I am saying, is if you are not in a position to take a sudden $10K hit in a given year due to something unexpected then you can't afford the car IMO.
post #18 of 18 Old 08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
$10K is high and I'm conservative, what I am saying, is if you are not in a position to take a sudden $10K hit in a given year due to something unexpected then you can't afford the car IMO.
You're right Andrew. If you can't handle miscellaneous, you can't handle it.

When I bought this car off a friend (only him and his wife drove it), it had about 31Km, and sat for about 2 years in a garage. So I took it in for a complete service. I paid about $14K and that covered all new filters, belts, bunch of rings, seals, water hoses, hood dampers, brake pads, and to top it up, two front shocks. Then I changed all 4 tires because the original ones were pretty squared up.

Since then, only mickey mouse stuff when compared to my old MB S500 (so far).

But even if I couldn't afford to maintain it to ensure constant availability, I would would still buy it, to drive when possible (worth the experience).

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode