funny gears on 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
funny gears on 360

2000 360 fi other day would not select any gears after a lot of messing i found it to be the fuse for rear stop lamps i replaced it and on my merry way,this am got in the car drive it out of the garage reversed up my driveway,had a drink and drove it for about 30 mins stopped and then could not select reverse, mess about for about 30 mins and put it in gear 2 pulled it in reverse and went in ok!can someone tell me what wrong with my beautifull car please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2008, 11:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Welcome to the site, I'm new here myself, but have found that there is alot of good information for Ferrari owners evrywhere.

I have no experience with F1 gearboxes, but I do know that sometimes computers can get confused. The fuse may have had something to do with this.

Reseting the computer might rid the problem. Usually this is done by disconnecting the battery for a given amount of time. 10 minutes is usually enough, although I can't be for sure with this model. The owners manual should have this information, or you can wait for someone to post on here who knows more about this model than I do.

If you do decide to disconnect the battery, remember that you always disconnect the ground side first to avoid shock. I don't know what country you are from so I can't tell you if that is black, (green is also a common ground color) or red because some countries have the polarity reversed on all electrical devises. Refer to your owner's manual to find out which color is ground, which is likely to be black ( in most parts of the world, positive flows to the negative, which is why positive is red, to represent that it is "hot", although in some countries, this is reversed)

Be careful! ...and I hope you get back on the road soon. Cheers!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
You've come to the right forum. Good luck with the car, and welcome to the forum!

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete

post #4 of 4 Old 06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
There is a battery kill switch in the 360 in teh front luggage compartment. It is a round black knob. Turn it to disconnect the battery, leave it off for 10-15 minutes, then reconnect. I can't remember the reboot proceedure for the 360 but it will be in the owners manual. Normally you need to let it run (idle) on level ground for 5-10 minutes with all the aux electronics (A/C, radio, lights. etc) off.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode