360 advice - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
360 advice

Hi all,

My first post here

I don't even know how to put it in words so i'll just type it in a cold and unemotional way

we just bought a 360. It's great. I love it. The feeling of driving one is inexplicable. Not yet at least...

I just have 2 questions for now

I want to get a cover for it, any recommendations? I live in Europe btw so it would be too expensive to get one from USA.

Many thanks, and i'll post some pics up soon.

Any advice on 360 ownership would be most welcome too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
If you only need an indoor cover, suggest you order one from the Ferrari Owners site: www.ferrariowners.com They fit nicely and are custom cut for each model.

If you need all outdoor cover, try
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/Pro...doorMoltex.htm
post #3 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks Boxer

And btw you have a great collection

post #4 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

well, here's some pics of my new toy
alone and with her 2 roomates

she's got Tubi's, carbon paddles, carbon bucket seats (sport seats?) and...her voice....pfff

www.orangereel.com/Ferrari/index.html
post #5 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeinsInMyAcid View Post
Thanks Boxer

And btw you have a great collection
Thanks.

You said that you are in Europe, the 360 is RHD, but the plates are not UK. Ireland or Channel Islands ?
post #6 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I'm in Cyprus, RHD here too.

The Alfa Spider is LHD though, French car.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I'm in Cyprus, RHD here too.

The Alfa Spider is LHD though, French car.
I didn't realise that. Just assumed it was LHD being on the south side of the English Channel and north of the Suez. Thanks for the info.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
nice car, VeinsInMyAcid, congratulations!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #9 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 01:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Great looking car!!!! I love the tubi Sounds great too

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #10 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome from Cyprus, how are the roads there? As for car cover from Europe, I'll let someone on that side of the pond answer.
post #11 of 16 Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao congratulations and welcome

Wow that is beautiful and nice room mates you are going to have fun having threesomes

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #12 of 16 Old 03-25-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks guys, am looking forward to learning more from the forum and i already enjoyed reading past threads. Very friendly and helpful.

Andrew- Unfortunately the roads here are in general very badly surfaced. Specially in the capital (where i live) they're putting the sewage system in and they havent bothered fixing the roads after. So it means having a 4x4 is best for now.
But go out of town or to another city and it gets better.
But we have some amazing mountain roads, can't wait to get some time to take the 360 up there and cause an avalanche (rock avalanche not snow):P
post #13 of 16 Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Drove the car a few times so far.

I love it, the sound is incredible, handling is brilliant (although i still havent had the chance to take it to some of my favorite roads).
The F1 gearbox is a bit harsh, i guess because it's a 200 model it's the old software (that's what i read around here). I'll live with it for now.

I drove through a covered car park today, hahah, i wanted to put up a tent and stay there just listening....

I have few questions to any 360 owner on here:

1. At the moment, i have limited time to use the car properly,what do you basically recomend as the best way to keep it in good running order. I'm making the time to turn it on once a week for 10-15 minutes then drive around for another 10-15 minutes - i try to use all gears and push as much as i can (not more that 170km/h so far, i do live in a semi-urban area tho :P)

2. Fuel, the manual says 95 octane, but we have 98 and 100 octane available in this country as well. Is it safe for me to use higher octane ratings or should i stick to 95? I guess higher is better but i just want to be sure it wont cause any problems.

Thanks
George
post #14 of 16 Old 04-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I have few questions to any 360 owner on here:

1. At the moment, i have limited time to use the car properly,what do you basically recomend as the best way to keep it in good running order. I'm making the time to turn it on once a week for 10-15 minutes then drive around for another 10-15 minutes - i try to use all gears and push as much as i can (not more that 170km/h so far, i do live in a semi-urban area tho :P)

2. Fuel, the manual says 95 octane, but we have 98 and 100 octane available in this country as well. Is it safe for me to use higher octane ratings or should i stick to 95? I guess higher is better but i just want to be sure it wont cause any problems.

Thanks
George
1. Try to run it once a week for at least 30 minutes to give the engine a chance to get up to full operating tempature. A drive of 20-30 kilomters should be fine.

2. I always use the highest octane available.
post #15 of 16 Old 04-12-2008, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks again Boxer. Hope i can one day give you some advice back
I'm filling it up with 100 octane no less. And after i spoke with the previous owner she's used to that much.

My father (the actual 360 owner) is in town this week which means the car gets driven a bit more (by both of us :P)
We took the car for some longer trips and getting to know her a bit more.
Everything seems and feels good in the car. But i have some questions, i noticed these things before but they popped up a bit more prominently the last 2 days i just wanted some external opinion.

I read somewhere that there's an upgrade for the F1 box? We have the 2000 model and the shifts feel quite harsh sometimes.
Does the upgrade solve that? and how is it done?
Also sometimes, it doesnt engange the next gear, mostly from 1st to 2nd. Is that a sign of something bad coming? or maybe its the heat (cyprus is a hot and dusty place)

Lastly, if anyone here has an F1 box, any tips on how to best use it in traffic and when parking? Parking is very tricky because unlike a proper manual where i control the clutch i cant precisely move the car. It just surges forward every little step on the pedal. Does upgrade solve this behavior? or has anyone developed a style for parking

Other than that no major complaints, car makes me smile and feel happy inside. And makes other people smile too, well, most of them.
I remember when i used to see a Ferrari (we have few on the island) it used to make my day, i'd tell my friends about it later or the next.
Now i offer this feeling to people...something new to me.

I'm thinking of getting a challenge grille for the rear, due to climate we get here in summer i think it would help the engine breathe better. Do they come only in black or can they be painted body color?

Thanks guys and will keep you updated on more 'events'
post #16 of 16 Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Thanks again Boxer. Hope i can one day give you some advice back
I'm filling it up with 100 octane no less. And after i spoke with the previous owner she's used to that much.

My father (the actual 360 owner) is in town this week which means the car gets driven a bit more (by both of us :P)

I read somewhere that there's an upgrade for the F1 box?

Lastly, if anyone here has an F1 box, any tips on how to best use it in traffic and when parking?

I'm thinking of getting a challenge grille for the rear, due to climate we get here in summer i think it would help the engine breathe better. Do they come only in black or can they be painted body color?

Thanks guys and will keep you updated on more 'events'
Per above:

- yes, there is a software upgrade for the F1 system. Your local ferrari dealer should be able to do it. The upgrade is supposedly well worth getting.

- can't help on the parking as mine is a 6 speed manual

- mine has a Challenge grill and I have never had problems with overheating. I would definitely recommend getting one fitted (personally I quite like the way it looks)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode