360 Modena in Bahrain - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 06-03-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
360 Modena in Bahrain

Hi
I am about to take delivery of my first Ferrari, a black 2004 360 Modena with 8000 km on the clock. The car was previously owned by the CEO of the Ferrari dealership here in Bahrain ( middle East ) and has full Ferrari service history and is a GCC spec car, I have had the cam belts done at the dealership pre delivery. I intend to drive this car every day, we are moving into summer here and it gets pretty intense,high temp and humidty, not ideal I know, can anyone give me any advise as to running this car under these conditions.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the site. If you are not sitting in traffic a lot you should be OK. If the car doesn't have the Challenge grill in the rear I would suggest getting this. It will help with the heat off the engine.

How is the driving in Bahrain? Are you in Manama? I was under the impression it is a pretty small mostly desert island.
post #3 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks

Traffic here is like most cities and getting worse, my run to work takes me out of the city centre ( Manama ) and out onto clear highways on about a half hour run. Driving here requires a bit more concentration to avoid the mobile obstacles that don't seem to be to fussed about changing lanes without much thought for other cars on the road.
The car has front and rear Challenge grills so should help.
"Inshallah" I will pick up the car in the next couple of days, can't wait !
Bahrain is a small desert island but it does have an F1 circuit just down the road.

post #4 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Matt,

Awesome, do you have plans to visit the circuit with your new 360?
post #5 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Tempted !

As long as someone else pays for the tyres, brakes and body work as I find where the limits are. They have courses driving open wheel formula BMW's on the full F1 circuit that looks like a better idea for now, I've been round the curcuit in a 360CS which was wicked, not sure if I want to put my baby through that though.
Cheers
post #6 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Tait View Post
Tempted !

As long as someone else pays for the tyres, brakes and body work as I find where the limits are. They have courses driving open wheel formula BMW's on the full F1 circuit that looks like a better idea for now, I've been round the curcuit in a 360CS which was wicked, not sure if I want to put my baby through that though.
Cheers
Yes, thats always the dilema! Sounds like you've got yourself a peach of a car there, congrats. I bet its had real pampering being the CEO's ex-car, what mechanic would dare do the service wrong on the big bosses car? lol. Enjoy!
post #7 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Exactly !

Oh forgot to mention, fuel cost here is amazing as are car prices in general.
My Lexus 430LS (don't laugh) coasts around 10 to fill up, I think bottled water costs more, Joy !!! I've lived here just over a year and it still makes me smile.
post #8 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 354
I used to own a lexus gs, was a great car, I wouldnt knock it one bit!

When your not driving the 360 around its useful to have a luxury car to drive around in. This is expecially true quite a lot of the time actually, if i'm driving somewhere I cannot be certain the parking will be good I wont take the 360. Already had some kids throw a plastic bottle at me (!) when waiting a lights before! Was not happy!!

Has yours got the optional carbon sports seats or factory item? Any pictures???
post #9 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

You're right it is a very good car, I guess I can't quite get Alan Partridge out of my head though, anyway I will miss her ,I traded her in on the Ferrari.
Bahrain my well be one of the best places to own and drive this car and not just because of petrol prices, I looked after a friend's 360 in London for a short time and got egged at the lights in Canary Wharf, no chance of that kind of thing happening here.
I don't have any pics as yet, but will try and post some when I take delivery. The car is fully paid for, insurance done and the cam belt service completed, it is sitting at the dealers waiting to be picked up, I am waiting for my National ID card to be processed, without this the ownership can not be transferred into my name. IT'S DRIVING ME F****** CRAZY. Hopefully this week.
The seats are factory electric
post #10 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

I am intrigued, what made you move to Bahrain? Energy? Should I add this to my places to visit list?

If you put a separate set of tires on you should be ok. Just be easy on the brakes so you don't bleed them and end up in the wall due to fade.
post #11 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Its an interesting place, the region is pretty car mad and there is no shortage of Ferrari's and other exotics.
Still not sure about the track yet but thanks for the advice
post #12 of 26 Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Matt,

How many of the other exotic owners in the area do you think speak English
and would be interested in a site like this? Or would most prefer a Arabic site?
post #13 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I'll ask around, most of the people I know here have collections and all speak English, the individuals concerned are quite private but I'll check it out.
No sign of the necessary paperwork today so no car, its torture !
post #14 of 26 Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Another 360 owner in Bahrain

Hi Matt,

Just got my 360......imported from Saudi Arabia as could not find one for sale in Bahrain. Apparently all the Japanese businessmen are buying them from almost every GCC state.

Funny cause I was gonna buy Zayid Zayani's car a few years ago and wondered where it got to as it really is in excellent condition.

Tell me, how do you find euro m's for service, resets and overall maintenence?

Well might see you around the roads in Bahrain if you still live here.

BTW new to the forum and yes a Bahraini that does speak english.

Sean
post #15 of 26 Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Al Meftah View Post
Hi Matt,

Just got my 360......imported from Saudi Arabia as could not find one for sale in Bahrain. Apparently all the Japanese businessmen are buying them from almost every GCC state.

Funny cause I was gonna buy Zayid Zayani's car a few years ago and wondered where it got to as it really is in excellent condition.

Sean
Welcome to the forum Sean!

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #16 of 26 Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Tait View Post
---I am about to take delivery of my first Ferrari, a black 2004 360 Modena with 8000 km on the clock. ---I intend to drive this car every day
Welcome, Matt, and congrats on that nice 360.

You might want to think about a different vehicle for a daily driver especially since your temps are so high there.

360's are fabulous cars, but they take on a special meaning (at least for me) when I drive it only occasionally.

In addition, the A/C is very good, but that car is really meant to be "driven" w/o the A/C, and that you will not want to do there.

It gets pretty hot here in the summer-104-106 degrees- and no way do I take that car out in that heat.

Also, sun and heat raise havoc with the leather.

So to preserve the life of that beautiful car, drive it infrequently. You will appreciate it more.

My car was in Saudi for 2 years and very infrequently driven. It was stored in a large air conditioned facility with all the other high end cars there.

When it came back here the leather was very, very dry.

Enjoy your car but take good care of it. You will thank me for encouraging you to do so.

Make sure to post many pictures.
post #17 of 26 Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
Welcome, Matt, and congrats on that nice 360.

You might want to think about a different vehicle for a daily driver especially since your temps are so high there.

Make sure to post many pictures.
Matt and the 360 are actually in the UK now.
post #18 of 26 Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Hi Matt,

Sean
RufMD might be able to provide a contact in Bahrain. He was over for the Ferrari event held in conjunction with the F1 earlier this year. Great article on it:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/d...type=flq&id=91
post #19 of 26 Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
1 less 360.

Chris and Boxer,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess thats 1 less 360 over here. I will take the advise of all on the thread and invest in a Toyota Corolla for the hot summer months!

Will get the pics on asap.
post #20 of 26 Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Chris and Boxer,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess thats 1 less 360 over here. I will take the advise of all on the thread and invest in a Toyota Corolla for the hot summer months!

Will get the pics on asap.
Personally I would not be that concerned with driving the 360 in the summer if you are able to do a few minor modifications. I would fit a challenge grill and challenge plexi vented engine cover in place of the glass engine cover. Both will help significantly with engine cooling. Put in high temp/racing coolant and use leather conditioner frequently and you should be fine. Just be careful about parking it in direct sunlight as it will dry out the seats and shrink the leather on the dash.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode