F430 430 F1 DIY clutch job - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 Old 03-09-2020, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
F430 flywheel torque spec??

Can anyone confirm the torque spec for the flywheel bolts on a F430?? Work shop manual says 18nm. Seems very low ? Anyone know ??? thx. GL

GL430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 03-09-2020, 09:33 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 16
I show 18 for clutch to flywheel and 91 flywheel to crankshaft

This is for a Scud ..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
post #23 of 28 Old 03-09-2020, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Great thank you. I will get back on it tomorrow. Should have more pics to post. Hopefully driving by Wednesday.

GL430

post #24 of 28 Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Reassembly

Got the flywheel back and installed. New clutch in and gear box back in. Ran a clutch bleed and did another actuator bleed cycle while I had access to it. All seems to work good. New Hill Engineering TOB and TOB flange. New F1 sensor and got the transmission mount bushing in. Had a good day. Waiting on the new Scud Ing Swiss EDiff bleed tool. (Thanks Stef ) Should have it tomorrow. Here is a few pics.
Attached Images

StefVan and theflash32 like this.

GL430
post #25 of 28 Old 03-11-2020, 06:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,397
Great job Greg, many thanks for posting your photos

The SEST Tool for the E-DIFF/F1 will be of great help in what you're doing.
post #26 of 28 Old 03-18-2020, 03:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Got the flywheel back and installed. New clutch in and gear box back in. Ran a clutch bleed and did another actuator bleed cycle while I had access to it. All seems to work good. New Hill Engineering TOB and TOB flange. New F1 sensor and got the transmission mount bushing in. Had a good day. Waiting on the new Scud Ing Swiss EDiff bleed tool. (Thanks Stef ) Should have it tomorrow. Here is a few pics.
I enjoy seeing beautiful parts being installed in a clean environment. Love the sheen on the flywheel. I look forward to a report of how well the vehicle drives after you complete your work.
Good luck.
post #27 of 28 Old 03-18-2020, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Back on the road.

Well........Got her back on the road. Drives like a dream!!!! So smooth and quiet gear changes. Almost silent when I hit the paddles . Also had a engine "whine" before when it was running. I always thought it might be the accessory belt or idler bearing, but it turns out it was the TOB whine. The noise is all gone! Drives like I would imagine a new 430 would in 2005. Very happy.

Was only able to drive about 50 or 60 miles last week , then the snow returned on Friday !!! I thought it was spring !!!!! Anyway so back in the garage to finish putting it back together. The snow will give me time to check the EDiff system .

I did notice a EDiff leakage rate showing way high (causing miss shifts after it warmed up) on the Launch tool before the clutch job , but I figured if it was there after the new clutch? I would address it then.

So I ordered the new SEST EDiff tester from Stef at Scud Ing Swiss. (Got it Friday) The tool is great. It showed a really high pressure drop on the F1 system during a couple of its test cycles. So I decided to get a new EDiff valve. That should be here Monday. I will post some pics of that job also. Hopefully the snow will be gone next week so I can put a few more miles on her. Keep you posted.................
StefVan and theflash32 like this.

GL430
post #28 of 28 Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Thank you Greg and Stef. What an informative thread. The pics were great!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode