F430 Important E-DIFF information - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,372
4. Check minimum and maximum tank fluid levels

4. Check minimum and maximum tank fluid levels

The minimum fluid level inside the tank is reached when the hydraulic system is fully pressurized while the maximum level is reached when the system is entirely depressurized. Temperature has pretty much no effect on these fluid levels. At maximum pressure of about 52/53 bar, the fluid should be a couple of mm above the internal tank white disk. Use the Smart eMT ECU to build up the pressure at 52/53 bar and check the minimum level inside the tank which should be right above the white disk inside the tank. Depressurize the system by applying 1A current ON/OFF pulses on the control valve as explained before. When the pressure drops below 42 bar, start checking the fluid level inside the tank. If the fluid reaches already the top of the tank while the pressure is still above 0 bar, remove the excess of fluid. With the system been totally depressurized, the level of fluid should not overflow and should be leveled right below the tank neck. If you had to remove or add fluid in the tank, redo entirely this procedure up to the point you obtain the correct minimum and maximum levels.

Last but not least, I recommended already since several years many workshops I work for to use a real hydraulic fluid like the Liqui Moly LM1127 instead of a ATF fluid. This makes a big performance difference on the entire hydraulic system: https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/cont...ecommendations

Minimum fluid level at maximum pressure:
Name:  Scud Ing Swiss Max pressure fluid level.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  42.4 KB

Maximum fluid level at 0 bar pressure:
Name:  Scud Ing Swiss 0 pressure fluid level.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  33.7 KB

Last edited by StefVan; 12-05-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 12-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hello Stef,

thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I will order a new valve and replace it, the fluid was already changed to LM.
What is your experience with the valves, are they reliable once new ? I got a information from a 430 owner who got 3 new valves mounted at a offical F-Dealer during the same day once they found one which was working. Maybe they used the wrong (=old) torque spec. for mounting ?
Should the valve be put into hydraulik fluid for a minute before mounting to make sure there is at least a minimum lubrication during the first actuation ?

Best regards,

Bruno
post #23 of 23 Old 12-09-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,372
Hello Bruno,
You're very welcome. It's very good you're using now LM1127.

Usually, the new E-DIFF control valves are reliable, I never had a new failing one in my hands. No doubt that if they aren't tighten correctly, the internal actuator will fail. 9NM is the absolute maximum, and even at 7NM, they won't leak or cause pressure loss. Normally, a new E-DIFF valve comes in a sealed package which is lubricated inside. So your new valve should already come completely lubricated and ready to be installed. If it's not the case, I would not accept the part.

Best wishes,
Stef

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode