F430 F430 Spring Rates (Please confirm) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-13-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
F430 Spring Rates (Please confirm)

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please confirm the spring rates for the F430 ?

There are 2 tables which I found on the internet, and one of them is from StefVan (the table on the right)

The Left table with spring rates circled in yellow OR the right table with spring rates circled in red ?

Please click on the image below (it takes awhile to load the image, be patient):

https://imgur.com/a/fWL5ZEd

This is so misleading as I'm about to order shortened springs with uprated spring rates for my F430

Also, for your info, you may want to consider getting "SWIFT" springs as they are extremely popular as a spring upgrade for many aftermarket expensive suspension solutions. It is not so popular among the exotic car community for some reason.

These benefits of these springs are:

1. The most consistent spring rate throughout the stroke
2. The largest amount of stroke
3. The highest durability against loss of spring height
4. The lightest in weight

You can look up at more info from here: Advantage | Swift Springs USA

I'm not promoting these brand, but I have used them on my other cars and they have transformed my cars totally.

Last edited by unkle_uber; 12-13-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-14-2018, 03:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,324
Hi, I indeed published this OEM spring characteristic document which can be found here: https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/s...0-Spring-rates

You'll find there the complete version of it (your source doesn't seem to be the full version).

With all the data provided above "Cs Colour Categories", you can make your own calculations. Mine are one way of calculating spring load Kg/mm but it's not the only way.
Attached Images

post #3 of 3 Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Hi Stef, I'm trying to understand how you derive those numbers in KG for the springs. For example, looking at "Yellow C's Min", how did you came about with 448.62 kg? What does this figure mean exactly?

There's a guy who posted his reply towards your calculations and I'm sort of on the same page as him in regards to the spring rates. See screenshot below on his reply:

https://i.imgur.com/ourotDv.jpg

I mean if you think about it, 10.2kg front and 14.41kg rear (Yellow Min) for a standard F430 is really on the high side?

We also know for a fact that the scud springs are 35% stiffer on the fronts and 32% stiffer on the rears than the F430. This means the scud springs would be around 1.35 x 10.2 = 13.77kg Front and 1.32 x 14.41 = 19kg Rear.

Again, isn't that too high as well for a spring rate?