Ferrari Life Forum banner

360 Noise on full steering lock

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  whitby 
#1 ·
When I am on full steering lock, turning in/out of my garage there is a horrible noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car. Sounds like a belt or pump. Otherwise the car runs great. Is there a power steering pump or hydraulic pump back there that could be causing this? is it something else? Any ideas appreciated

#2 ·
The power steering pump is indeed located right behind the passenger compartment - part #1. At full steering lock, like on any car, there is always a very common noise. If the noise you have is abnormally loud, maybe you should have the pump checked as well as the serpentine belt and tensioner.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Ok thanks. I suspect the belt. Is this not one that is changed every major service?
If not mine is original (15 years old) so tensioner FMovies YesMovies SolarMovie and belt would likely be the culprit in that case
On a different topic, my center panel (hazard button, parking light button and the larger faceplate these are part of) are in need of refinish. What would the price be? Would you need mine specifically or you have some to already refinish? how hard is it to swap out these parts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.