Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Modern V8s: 360, F430 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/)
-   -   F430 F430 gearbox F1 Error (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/58673-f430-gearbox-f1-error.html)

Tomaschko 05-01-2018 11:32 AM

F430 gearbox F1 Error

Hello,

since a few days i have a gearbox error on my F430. I drove and the red light and the signal appeared.
Then out again and after a few minutes again the red light and only first and second gear.
I checked the code: P2791
I checked the F1 oil level and it was a little bit too low.
I filled in some oil....to 5mm like in the workshop guide.
Then i startet the F430 a few times and the error was gone. I drove 30min...everything fine. Then error again.
I checked again the level...a little bit too much. My error. Maby i filled in too much. 5mm again.
Then error again after 4-5x starting the engine the error is off.
I drove 1 hour...eveything fine. On error. I parked at home with on error.
But one day later i tried to start the engine and the error was there again.

Oil pump starts evey second shift procedure.
Also at opending the door the pump starts for 2-3sec.
On leakages
Normal noise.
Relais is not hot.

Can you help me please? Any ideas?
Thank you very much.
Daniel

tazandjan 05-01-2018 06:06 PM

Take her to someone with an SD3 or equivalent who really knows what they are doing and have them analyze the problem. While they are at it have them change the F1 fluid (every 3 years), bleed the system, check for leaks, and do a self-test with the SD3.

David @ FluentInFerrari 05-03-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazandjan (Post 729801)
Take her to someone with an SD3 or equivalent who really knows what they are doing and have them analyze the problem.

This is the most efficient path as time and time again, knowing a "code" tells little as to what the actual root cause of the problem is.

Tomaschko 05-20-2018 07:23 AM

I have now another pro diagnostic tool:

The error on the gearbox is P1742
That should be the potentiometers right?

Thanks
Daniel

tazandjan 05-21-2018 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Daniel- What David was trying to tell you is that an amateur diagnosing an F1 issue is a lot like a dog watching TV. Something is going on, but not sure exactly what it is. If it is a potentiometer, it will likely take an SD3 to replace it and then reset the system. Odds are she still needs servicing at any rate, and your tools are not going to bleed the system or do a system self-test/relearn after the fluid is changed.