F430 Ferrari F430 F1 gearbox - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Garage
Ferrari F430 F1 gearbox

Hello Friends:

My name is Pool and I'm from Spain.

I've many problems with my f430, after driving it 3-5 kms F1 fails and go to N, the gears doesn't respond, nothing change if you turn on turn of, then if I wait 2-3 hours the car runs again.

Fail in memory are P1742 selectin potenciometer, P1735 self powering relay driver, P1770 gear engagements with wrong shifts, p1781 relay drive pump stuck or pump pilotage relays stucked.

Any info about fix it?

regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-15-2018, 09:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,317
Hi Pool,
I'm afraid the first step is to plug a SD3 on your F430 to get it diagnosed. There can be several root causes of your issue starting from the F1 pump relay, hydraulic pump and/or motor, hydraulic accumulator, etc.
The P1735 is an integrated TCU relay which is at fault and would require the replacement of the TCU. If this is the case and the root cause, the other faults would be a consequence of the P1735.

You really need to get her to your workshop for a full diagnosis.

Hope this helps & good luck,
Stef
post #3 of 5 Old 04-16-2018, 01:21 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by clk20000 View Post
Hello Friends:

My name is Pool and I'm from Spain.

I've many problems with my f430, after driving it 3-5 kms F1 fails and go to N, the gears doesn't respond, nothing change if you turn on turn of, then if I wait 2-3 hours the car runs again.

Fail in memory are P1742 selectin potenciometer, P1735 self powering relay driver, P1770 gear engagements with wrong shifts, p1781 relay drive pump stuck or pump pilotage relays stucked.

Any info about fix it?

regards
Pool,
I would take it to a Ferrari Dealership or a reputable independent shop. What % of clutch is left? Any F1 fluid leaks? When was the F1 fluid last changed? Just some questions.

--good luck

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 08:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Hello Pool!
I had a similar issue with my 430 a few years ago,after driving a few kilometers I could not get the car i revers. Waiting until next morning when the car was cold everything was again ok for another few km. After some investigations I dismantled the gear actuator and did the bleed procedure using a TEXA TXT with "supercar" software. What I discovered was that one of the bleed screws was not as tighten as the other two and I suspect air in the oil system. When oil in the F1 heats up air might act like a damper and cause the actuators not to get into correct position?
After attaching the actuator I did the gear relearn procedure with the same diagnose tool. After this I used the car for almost two years without any issue.
For safety reasons I later change the F1 pump w/motor and relay to better quality relay and higher displacement pump.
Hope this can help, good luck

Regards
post #5 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Hi

Check the battery voltage, if low

It could be a reason

Enjoy your life

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode