F430 New Years Day drive, encounter with a 488 Sypder - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-2018, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
New Years Day drive, encounter with a 488 Sypder

I"m making a new tradition since I bought my F430 little over 3 years ago. On New Years's Day, before 8am I go for a drive. I drove 280 N -> Woodside Road(84) -> Highway 1 -> 92 -> 280. Basically a loop. I ran into 2 bycilists when I was a few miles south of La Honda and a local driving a pickup truck; nice and quite. Highway 1 got somewhat busy(2-3 cars) now and then and then I headed up 92 back towards 280 South.
Since driving has never been(even in my Hyundai) a zone out affair. I"m constantly looking around, in the rear view mirror assessing the threat of other cars/trucks to me and from the corner of my eye I noticed a 488 Spyder on a frontage road accelerating to get on to 280 South. The guy had just bought the car as it had no plates. He also had the top off. I was probably doing about 80-90mph and as owners of the F430 know it is pretty loud in the car. The 488 pulls up next to me, he looks over I give me a thumbs up and he grins. Then he showed what the car could do. The acceleration was so intense I actually heard his car roar over my loud engine and from 90 he probably went up to 140-160 in a few seconds. Pretty amazing sight and a great way to start my New Year.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode