F430 NOT ALL FERRARIS INCLUDED IN RECALL - f430 manual transmission - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
NOT ALL FERRARIS INCLUDED IN RECALL - f430 manual transmission

I have the same issue as the recall which I have copy and pasted below, and when I called Ferrari, they said that my VIN number was included in the VIN-range of the recall and I was S--T OUR OF LUCK.

I now have the under engine tray all covered with oil/fluid and my transmission will almost never go into 1st or 2nd gear unless I very slowly double clutch and attempt a few times!!!

Anyone else hear about this happening?

-----copied from this link: https://www.cars.com/recalls/ferrari-f430-2006/ -------------
NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls
Recall Number
06V478000
Recall Date
12/15/2006
Component
POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Summary
ON CERTAIN COUPE AND SPIDER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH MANUAL SIX-SPEED TRANSMISSION, THERE IS A NON-CONFORMING RIGHT-ANGLE UNION IN THE CLUTCH PUMP. THIS COULD CAUSE A HAIR-LINE CRACK TO FORM UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS DUE TO HEAT, WHICH COULD RESULT IN FLUID LEAKAGE FROM THE BRAKING/CLUTCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM.

Consequence
THIS LEAKAGE, IN TURN, WILL CAUSE THE BRAKING/CLUTCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FLUID LEVEL WARNING LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE AND, IF NOT REMEDIED, COULD ULTIMATELY AFFECT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE CLUTCH CONTROL PEDAL. THIS COULD RESULT IN A REDUCTION IN THE DRIVER'S ABILITY TO SHIFT GEARS WHILE DRIVING, RENDERING THE VEHICLE INOPERABLE WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

What Owners Should Do
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE NON-CONFORMING UNION IN THE CLUTCH. IN ADDITION, THE SEAL RING, RUBBER HOSE AND SCREW COLLARS THAT ARE ATTACHED TO THE UNION WILL BE REPLACED. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 3, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FERRARI AT 1-201-816-2600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Warranty, as I understand, is for 8 years. If the car is a 2007 then the warranty ran out 2015. Unfortunate and hopefully it isn't as costly as a F1 actuator issue. Keep us posted on how and at what cost you resolve the issue.
<br>
On a related note the link you provided also mentioned a Spyder recall as the hoses which carry the fluid for the convertible top may crack leading to the fluid dropping on a hot engine, which thought they don't explicitly say, could lead to an engine fire. A friend has a 2006 Spyder and I will have to let him know.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #3 of 5 Old 08-11-2017, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Thanks for your reply. However, on that same page for the link that I provided, there are 2 recalls described. The one which I was referring to is the second one on the same page.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2017, 05:01 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
Common problem. A few thoughts....
Surprising that in the last 8 years that it's never been to a dealer.
A simple, reasonably inexpensive repair for a shop familiar with the issue.

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
David,
You make a good point, which raises a question. When people take cars to an independent shop do they at least make the person aware there is a recall?
Also curious on why this issue was never caught before. Was the car never taken to the dealership? Or did the problem just crop up? Trying to understand and learn....

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode