F430 360/430: DIY: F1 Pump Relay – Finally, a better designed relay - Page 7 - Ferrari Life
 79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 138 Old 04-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
You're most welcome. Shipping to the USA is 44.00 CHF (same value in USD). You can easily place your order on our website. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf355 View Post
Thank you, how much would it be approximately to ship the unit too New York City?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Owner

Since 2 years, the Smart eMT R1 Relay ECU has been installed on so many cars worldwide which represents millions of successful and efficient pump cycles. It saved also many owners from expensive repair bills thanks to the Early Warning System.

This is an example of the Advanced eMT ECU installed on a R8 by Motonity workshop in South Korea.

Also recently installed by a French expert workshop on Ferrari F430 Challenge with great success and much faster hydraulic pressure buildup.

For Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Audi R8, Alfa Romeo, etc.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...relay-ecu.html
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.

Last edited by StefVan; 08-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.
post #123 of 138 Old 08-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Owner

Comments posted on our Facebook page from a reputable specialized French workshop and Italia 458 Challenge car racer:

"Récemment monté sur une F430 Challenge, le fonctionnement est "différent". Je pensais au départ avoir la pompe lente et surtout en fin de vie. Le boîtier m’en a prouvé le contraire de part son fonctionnement. Et après branchement valise, j’ai eu confirmation de la pression ok et surtout le temps de montée en pression plus franche avec le module Scud-ing par rapport au relais origine. Le passage vitesse est plus sec en montée, le ressenti est plus franc en descente."

Translated:
"Recently installed on a F430 Challenge, the car drives "differently". I initially thought I had a slow pump and especially thought it was getting at the end of its lifetime. The eMT ECU proved me the opposite once it was operating. And after connecting the diagnostic tool, I had the confirmation that the pressure was fine and that especially the pressure rise times were straighter with the Scud-ing ECU compared to the OEM relay. Upshifts are crispier while downshifts feels with lesser hesitation."

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ScudIngSwiss/posts/
whatheheck likes this.

Last edited by StefVan; 08-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.

post #124 of 138 Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Another happy customer!

Great job Stef!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #125 of 138 Old 09-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Owner

Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - explained

Here's a good example of what happens with the OEM F1 pump relay. As a relay can never deliver the huge inrush current of a starting pump motor, it arcs and as a result, the contacts get corroded. The same happens when the relay switches the pump off. What you see outside happens also inside the relay! A relay, even new, will never drive correctly such pump motor, that's a proven fact. This results in poor performances of the entire hydraulic system used by the automated manual gearbox but can also lead to the destruction of it's key components.

On a Ferrari F430 for example, where the same hydraulic system is also used by the E-DIFF, the problem is even worst...The E-DIFF requires well more hydraulic pressure than the F1 itself!

The Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU is 100% electronic using proven technology to drive correctly the pump motor in the most efficient way. The ECU relay socket blades will never corrode. In addition to that, it will Early Warn you when something starts getting wrong in the hydraulic system, well before the TCU (that's when it's too late).

Read more here:
Attached Images

post #126 of 138 Old 09-19-2019, 01:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I bought one and it seems pretty helpful. I am having issues with understanding some of the instructions, but getting it sorted out. I've been having shifting issues in my f430 and it's handy to see when the pump is running. My car is so loud I can't hear the pump running, but I can watch the blue led when it does.
StefVan likes this.
post #127 of 138 Old 09-20-2019, 05:17 AM
Owner

Thank you and welcome to FerrariLife
Which part of the instructions are difficult to understand? I would be glad if I can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I bought one and it seems pretty helpful. I am having issues with understanding some of the instructions, but getting it sorted out. I've been having shifting issues in my f430 and it's handy to see when the pump is running. My car is so loud I can't hear the pump running, but I can watch the blue led when it does.
post #128 of 138 Old 09-23-2019, 08:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Thank you and welcome to FerrariLife
Which part of the instructions are difficult to understand? I would be glad if I can help you out.

Hi Stef, got it figured out. I sent you an email about the video on your site having the wrong text embeded saying seven pushes of button gives you seven beeps and red flashes when in reality the number is six. You might want to edit video to say 6 red flashes & beeps instead of 7. But in the future maybe a firmware update, maybe have flashes and beeps match number of pushes, that makes the most sense
post #129 of 138 Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM
Owner

Hi, thank you. Just checked the video again on our website and I definitely count 10 red flashes + 10 beeps for menu option 10 = 10 button pushes. I don't know on which video you've seen menu option 7 been detailed the way you're saying but it's not in our "complete configuration video" published here: https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/cont...nfigure-videos

If you can point me the video timing where you saw this, that would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Hi Stef, got it figured out. I sent you an email about the video on your site having the wrong text embeded saying seven pushes of button gives you seven beeps and red flashes when in reality the number is six. You might want to edit video to say 6 red flashes & beeps instead of 7. But in the future maybe a firmware update, maybe have flashes and beeps match number of pushes, that makes the most sense
post #130 of 138 Old 10-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I just installed mine(very easy) and like others, the shifting feels smoother. Thanks for the super fast shipping Stef.

~Nguyen
StefVan likes this.
post #131 of 138 Old 10-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Owner

Many thanks Nguyen for posting your feedback and welcome to FerrariLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303WIN View Post
I just installed mine(very easy) and like others, the shifting feels smoother. Thanks for the super fast shipping Stef.

~Nguyen
post #132 of 138 Old 10-12-2019, 02:23 AM
Owner

News: New advanced version 3 released

NEW ADVANCED VERSION 3 RELEASED

After 2 years of the very successful launch of the Smart eMT ECU, we designed a complete new electronic board R7 using the most advanced technologies. This new version has been intensively tested on track but also by many specialized workshops worldwide. Already installed also an customer's cars since September with great success.

Our complete new electronic board can instantly switch very high inrush currents up to 250A without any heating, sparks, interference, transients or delays! It offers also more improvements like for instance the pump motor powering system which is done in a very efficient way providing maximum and instant performances at startup while extending it's lifetime. R7 will also eliminate all transients caused by such motor which is a great advantage for all the other vehicle ECUs. Several electronic protections have been added to make the Smart eMT ECU even more reliable in the typically harsh automotive environment. Most of all, the new board can now be installed indifferently in positive or negative switched relay coils environments which makes the Smart eMT ECU now also compatible with the different BMW SMG automated manual transmissions (E46 M3, E60/E61 M5, E63/E64 M6).

The Monitoring Module has also been redesigned and now comes in a smaller high quality aluminum enclosure.

Our new board R7 comes also with a complete new embedded firmware V3 for the Advanced Version. The Advanced version offers now an Expert Mode with many new features. Further efforts have been made to make the user interaction easier in Normal Mode. Algorithms have been optimized making this new version even smarter.

New features summary of the new electronic board and hardware V7
  • Complete new Monitoring Module, smaller and made of high quality aluminum (Advanced Version).
  • Complete new main electronic board using the latest technologies.
  • Support of positive and ground switched pump relays coils.
  • New pump motor powering system capable of delivering instantly up to 250 Amp inrush current allowing a very fast and clean start of the pump motor. The way the pump motor is powered will considerably prolong its life time. Includes enhanced short circuit operation and protection.
  • New pump motor current consumption analysis system.
  • New TCU signal detection system using opto-isolators to prevent failing TCUs from affecting the eMT ECU (the eMT ECU is no more physically linked to the TCU) and allowing voltage drops up to 6.5V.
  • Additional eMT ECU power protections to prevent vehicle voltage leaks to ground from affecting the eMT ECU.
  • Total new automotive compliant eMT ECU power system allowing voltage drops up to 3V. Integrates complex power filtering to eliminate all voltage ripples, transients and micro power cuts.
  • Pump motor transients and voltage spikes elimination.
  • Ultra low current consumption in sleep mode (40μA).
  • All electronic components are 100% qualified for automotive applications (according to AEC-Q100/101).

New features summary of the Advanced Version with Firmware V3.1
  • Sleep delay is now set to 15 minutes and configurable from 11 to 20 minutes.
  • In case of a warning in standby mode (fast red flashes), when the user presses to button on the Monitoring Module to display the warning code, further warnings will not make anymore beeps until the sleep delay is reached. The warning code sequence can also be interrupted by pressing the button again but only after the first sequence have been displayed.
  • To enter the eMT ECU configuration, button of the Monitoring Module must now be pressed and held during 3 seconds.
  • In sleep mode, a single press on the button of the Monitoring module will wake up manually the eMT ECU.
  • Several algorithm optimizations.
  • New Expert mode: by default the eMT ECU runs in normal mode which is totally silent except for warnings and has limited access to the configuration menu. When set in Expert mode, the driver will have a detailed audible feedback on how the system performs which can help to diagnose hydraulic issues.
  • In Expert mode, the absolute maximum pump run time of 30 secs is ignored which allows one to bleed the hydraulic system as this operation requires the pump to run continuously during a long duration.
  • In Expert mode, the pump can also be manually activated by pressing and holding the button during 6 seconds. The pump will be powered as long as the button is continued to be pressed. Very helpful when the car is stuck in neutral caused by a failing TCU, door switch, pressure sensor or stuck pump motor.
  • In Expert mode, the eMT ECU will also check for voltage drops while the pump is been powered. Voltage getting lower than 9.7V will trigger warning code 8.
  • Expert mode will be automatically disabled when the eMT ECU goes in sleep mode what means that the eMT ECU will always wake up in Normal Mode.

The new video explaining the Expert mode is now available here

More technical information can be found here
Attached Images

post #133 of 138 Old 10-13-2019, 10:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Ah very welcome news , we have a older version , bought new and never installed H/W5.1 -F/W 2.85 May we exchange it , get it updated to the new spec V-3.1 ?
What would the fee for this be ?
thank you , J Albaracin
post #134 of 138 Old 10-14-2019, 04:22 AM
Owner

Older versions using previous hardware R5 can't be upgraded to this new firmware version 3. F/W V3 works only with the new electronic boards R7.
post #135 of 138 Old 10-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Owner

The new Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced V3 offers also the possibility to cycle the hydraulic pump manually when needed.

This new feature, much appreciated by workshops, allows them to easily diagnose the hydraulic system and check how the pressure is building up and dropping. It can also be used when for instance a failing door switch doesn’t tell anymore the TCU when the door is opened and as a consequence causes the pump not to prime which will show a F1 warning and Slow Down light + refusal to start the engine. This feature can also be used to pressurize the hydraulic system and check for leaks or when the hydraulic system needs to be bled. It can also help in case of an emergency situation where the car stays stuck in a gear because of lack of hydraulic pressure.

To be used by experienced users. Never over-pressurize the hydraulic system!

Check all our videos here:
https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/cont...nfigure-videos
post #136 of 138 Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 AM
Owner

Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced V3 compared to OEM pump relay

Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced V3 compared to the OEM pump relay

With the OEM relay, each time the current of the OEM pump relay is released by the TCU, the magnetic coil will generate a big negative spike. The TCU port must eliminate these negative voltage spikes which may end up destroying the TCU. Workshops deal with more and more TCUs that are getting destroyed because of the OEM relay.

The Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU is never directly connected to the TCU because the signals are transferred using opto-isolators. The TCU being totally isolated from the eMT ECU, it will never receive any voltage spikes or transients. The eMT ECU makes perfectly clean and fast on / off cycle as you can see below:
Attached Images

post #137 of 138 Old 10-20-2019, 02:51 AM
Owner

Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced V3 compared to OEM pump relay

Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced V3 compared to the OEM pump relay

When the OEM relay powers the hydraulic pump motor, even with a bright new relay, a positive and negative voltage spike is generated on the entire car electric circuits at each pump cycle. Even a bright new OEM pump relay really struggles to provide the huge inrush current to start the hydraulic pump as you can see in the voltage surge then the voltage drop. This happens with any relay, including a 50A or above doesn't make any difference. A mechanically switched device will never be able to provide the huge pump motor inrush current. The larger the pump motor is, worst it gets. With the frequent power on / off cycles, the hydraulic pump will not last long in such conditions and the efficiency of the entire F1/E-DIFF or EMT system is greatly impacted by the poor power supply of the hydraulic pump.

When compared with the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU, it powers the pump motor without any voltage drops and can deliver an inrush current up to 250A. A perfect clean and instant way of powering the pump motor. The car electric circuits will run also much cleaner as all motor transients are suppressed by the eMT ECU. With the eMT ECU and a hydraulic system in perfect condition (OEM pump), pump cycles are reduced to only 2 secs/cycle as only 2 secs are needed to bring the pressure back up from 42 to 52bars!
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 10-20-2019 at 03:00 AM.
post #138 of 138 Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 PM
Owner

Translated in English of the review made on a F430 Challenge by LV PRESTIGE specialized supercar workshop (original French review here):

Last Sunday going in direction of the Auxois race track for a test.
The test is for Scud Ing Swiss, the ideal partner in high-end technological solution and improvement of our systems.
So I had the mission to test the V3 version of the F1 system control relay (Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU).

First test was realized with the previous version 2, using the Ferrari diagnostic tool connected during the test drive to allow us to read live data.
After 20 minutes of track session, the system displays that pump pressure rises in a faster time than the original mechanical relay.
The sensations are good because the gearbox shifts are less abrupt and the response to the shift paddles is also more instant.

Let's go with the V3 of the eMT ECU:
Switching the system takes only 3 minutes while looking for a coffee at the same time
Ground wire connected, simply plug the eMT ECU in the relay socket and the device is already functional.
Well, for a nice installation, and avoid the device to fly around, we took the time to properly store this beautiful blue anodized case and place the LED monitoring module to a place on the center console or elsewhere.

Back on track for 20 minutes .... at the first shift, I'm truly surprised. Below 3500 rpm the gearbox shift is soft and fast almost like a double clutch.

Back at the paddock and the first feelings assessment is "Wahhhhh"
You continue to feel the gearshifts and it's normal (in addition we have metal dual disk clutch) but it shifts very quickly and responds instantly. Up to the point that we ask for more!
With the diagnostic system connected, it is without appeal. The pressure remains almost identical to the first time because it depends on the pump, its wear and oil quality, wear of the hydraulic system etc etc
But the time to build up to hydraulic pressure has amazingly decreased, the pump does not run anymore 5/6 seconds but 2/3 to get its maximum pressure.
In addition, thanks to this V3, we could check the operation of F1 without needing a diagnostic system and as for all EMT ECUs, be early warned of an abnormal operating hydraulic system before total breakage or blockage by a sudden drop in pressure.

This system will soon integrate also a Scuderia .....
To be continued
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 10-30-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode