NEW ADVANCED VERSION 3 RELEASED
After 2 years of the very successful launch of the Smart eMT ECU
, we designed a complete new electronic board R7 using the most advanced technologies. This new version has been intensively tested on track but also by many specialized workshops worldwide. Already installed also an customer's cars since September with great success.
Our complete new electronic board can instantly switch very high inrush currents up to 250A
without any heating, sparks, interference, transients or delays! It offers also more improvements like for instance the pump motor powering system which is done in a very efficient way providing maximum and instant performances at startup while extending it's lifetime. R7 will also eliminate all transients caused by such motor which is a great advantage for all the other vehicle ECUs. Several electronic protections have been added to make the Smart eMT ECU even more reliable in the typically harsh automotive environment. Most of all, the new board can now be installed indifferently in positive or negative switched relay coils environments which makes the Smart eMT ECU now also compatible with the different BMW SMG
automated manual transmissions (E46 M3, E60/E61 M5, E63/E64 M6).
The Monitoring Module
has also been redesigned and now comes in a smaller high quality aluminum enclosure.
Our new board R7 comes also with a complete new embedded firmware V3 for the Advanced Version. The Advanced version offers now an Expert Mode
with many new features. Further efforts have been made to make the user interaction easier in Normal Mode
. Algorithms have been optimized making this new version even smarter. New features summary of the new electronic board and hardware V7
New features summary of the Advanced Version with Firmware V3.1
- Complete new Monitoring Module, smaller and made of high quality aluminum (Advanced Version).
- Complete new main electronic board using the latest technologies.
- Support of positive and ground switched pump relays coils.
- New pump motor powering system capable of delivering instantly up to 250 Amp inrush current allowing a very fast and clean start of the pump motor. The way the pump motor is powered will considerably prolong its life time. Includes enhanced short circuit operation and protection.
- New pump motor current consumption analysis system.
- New TCU signal detection system using opto-isolators to prevent failing TCUs from affecting the eMT ECU (the eMT ECU is no more physically linked to the TCU) and allowing voltage drops up to 6.5V.
- Additional eMT ECU power protections to prevent vehicle voltage leaks to ground from affecting the eMT ECU.
- Total new automotive compliant eMT ECU power system allowing voltage drops up to 3V. Integrates complex power filtering to eliminate all voltage ripples, transients and micro power cuts.
- Pump motor transients and voltage spikes elimination.
- Ultra low current consumption in sleep mode (40μA).
- All electronic components are 100% qualified for automotive applications (according to AEC-Q100/101).
- Sleep delay is now set to 15 minutes and configurable from 11 to 20 minutes.
- In case of a warning in standby mode (fast red flashes), when the user presses to button on the Monitoring Module to display the warning code, further warnings will not make anymore beeps until the sleep delay is reached. The warning code sequence can also be interrupted by pressing the button again but only after the first sequence have been displayed.
- To enter the eMT ECU configuration, button of the Monitoring Module must now be pressed and held during 3 seconds.
- In sleep mode, a single press on the button of the Monitoring module will wake up manually the eMT ECU.
- Several algorithm optimizations.
- New Expert mode: by default the eMT ECU runs in normal mode which is totally silent except for warnings and has limited access to the configuration menu. When set in Expert mode, the driver will have a detailed audible feedback on how the system performs which can help to diagnose hydraulic issues.
- In Expert mode, the absolute maximum pump run time of 30 secs is ignored which allows one to bleed the hydraulic system as this operation requires the pump to run continuously during a long duration.
- In Expert mode, the pump can also be manually activated by pressing and holding the button during 6 seconds. The pump will be powered as long as the button is continued to be pressed. Very helpful when the car is stuck in neutral caused by a failing TCU, door switch, pressure sensor or stuck pump motor.
- In Expert mode, the eMT ECU will also check for voltage drops while the pump is been powered. Voltage getting lower than 9.7V will trigger warning code 8.
- Expert mode will be automatically disabled when the eMT ECU goes in sleep mode what means that the eMT ECU will always wake up in Normal Mode.
The new video explaining the Expert mode is now available here
More technical information can be found here