F430 360/430: DIY: F1 Pump Relay – Finally, a better designed relay - Page 6 - Ferrari Life
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 121 Old 11-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,300
Advanced Version - Monitoring Module extension lead

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...relay-ecu.html

The Monitoring module of the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU - Advanced Version, now comes with a new 1.5m long lead (instead of 1m).

A 1.5m extension lead is now available too and up to 5 x 1.5m optional extension leads can be added to the Monitoring module cable which gives a total maximum cable length of 9m.

Extension leads can be used when you want to wire the Monitoring module at the front while the pump relay is located in the luggage compartment (Ferrari 612/599/575M, Maserati Coupe/GranTurismo/Quattroporte, Aston Martin Vanquish/Vantage). They allow also to place the Monitoring module under the dashboard on the Ferrari F430/360/F355 or Lamborghini Gallardo/Murcielago/Aventador and Audi R8 for instance.
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 11-19-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 121 Old 11-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Owner

Almost every week we receive emails from owners who were very happy to have installed the Smart eMT ECU (and not only on Ferrari cars) because it early warned them of an upcoming F1 issue. Here's another one from an Australian 2008 F430 owner:

"Thanks to your Smart eMT ECU, it alerted me that I had a fault with my F1 system. The Ferrari dealer confirmed the fault was with the accumulator and have since replaced it.
So far so good and the car drives beautifully... smooth gear changes.
I also love the front LED’s and one touch indicators."

post #103 of 121 Old 12-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Owner

Many cars have already been upgraded with the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU like this one below but there are still too many cars who are sitting on an expensive time bomb!

The hydraulic pump relay can cause serious issues without you even noticing it...until it's too late. We've designed this smart solution for you to avoid this to happen and you can install it in no time, just by removing the old relay and plug straight the Smart eMT ECU in the relay socket.

No more moving contacts, no more sparks, no more delays but a super fast solid state solution that will power the F1 hydraulic pump in an optimized way, protect it and provide you feedback if something starts going wrong on the F1 and/or E-DIFF hydraulic system, well before you get a F1 warning lamp on the instrument panel (that's when it's too late).

As a Audi R8 race car owner wrote us: "I am very happy so far as the Smart relay is giving me very good information. Information that I had no access to previously."
Attached Images

post #104 of 121 Old 12-13-2018, 09:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Hi Stef,

I own a 2005 F430 and would like to place an order for it.

I don't need the advanced version as I don't need to monitor and want a clean profile look by just placing the unit in its stock location with no wires hanging out.

Also, can you briefly explain to me how installing this F1 relay ecu can quicken the shift times of the F1 transmission ? I would like to know the rationale of it.
post #105 of 121 Old 12-14-2018, 02:13 AM
Owner

Hi, many thanks for your post and for considering the Smart eMT ECU.

I would still advise the Advanced version even if you leave everything behind the fuses panel (nothing visible), you would still be able to hear the warning beeps if something starts getting wrong on your F1 or E-DIFF system. The Smart eMT ECU saved already many supercar owners from expensive repair bills thanks to the Early Warning System.

Even if we're getting many testimonials, we don't claim directly any gear shift improvements, that's not the goal of this ECU. But it's quite an evidence that the F1 system will work at best with the Smart eMT ECU thanks to its super fast reaction time, a much optimized way of powering the pump motor at its full potential and firmware algorithms which can anticipate hydraulic pressure needs (Advanced version only).

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle_uber View Post
Hi Stef,

I own a 2005 F430 and would like to place an order for it.

I don't need the advanced version as I don't need to monitor and want a clean profile look by just placing the unit in its stock location with no wires hanging out.

Also, can you briefly explain to me how installing this F1 relay ecu can quicken the shift times of the F1 transmission ? I would like to know the rationale of it.
post #106 of 121 Old 12-14-2018, 06:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Thanks Stef. I will place an order very soon. I'm still halfway through in reading this entire thread and also the detailed info posted on your website for the product. It sure sounds promising as I did encountered once where the "E-Diff" and Transmission warning light showed up when I was shifting gears up and down on the freeway. The car even had a new F1 pump and E-Diff valve fitted to it a few months before I bought the car. So it sure seems like the "newness" of both the F1 Pump and E-Diff valve has got little relation to the likelihood of the warning lights appearing.
StefVan likes this.
post #107 of 121 Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 AM
Owner

Each electronic board of the Smart eMT ECU goes through a long process of epoxy coating to protect all solder points of the SMD components. In 20 years, this ECU will still perform like new!

Unlike the electromagnetic relay which is a very simple on/off switch, the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU powers the hydraulic pump motor in a smart way and provides also the maximum inrush current required to power up the pump motor immediately. This will considerably prolong the lifetime of the pump motor while allowing it to run in a much more efficient way and thus provide ideal hydraulic performances. The electromagnetic relay is the main cause of pump motor failures because such motors aren't powered in the right way with such simple relays. How often you replace these relays or whatever their current rating is, isn't going to help neither. This well known issue exists on all cars using a hydraulic system and that's why automated manual transmissions are so much disliked as it always leads to expensive repairs.

Don't wait for such failures to happen...
Attached Images

post #108 of 121 Old 01-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Owner

Not only our supercars have hydraulic pump issues but many other car brands have similar issues. This is an example of the VAG DSG 7 - DQ200 dissection we're currently doing in our factory to analyze why these hydraulic systems are going wrong after some time. The DQ200 DSG 7 is very widely used on VAG cars (VW, Skoda, Audi, Seat) and is a complete enclosed dry dual-clutch 7 speed gearbox system using and pressurized hydraulic system with hydraulic actuators for the clutches actuation and gears selection.
Our neighboring workshop who is expert in gearbox repairs asked us to find a solution because they see frequently the same failure which consist of an entire part being completely burned out due to hydraulic pump overload and failure. This affects also the integrated TCU, which operates the entire system including the pump, as well as the electric circuits and electronic components. This unfortunately leads to big repair bills as it requires the complete replacement of the DQ200 Mechatronics including the pump motor. A cost effective solution like the Smart eMT ECU would avoid such catastrophic failures to happen.

Some more news: as asked by several BMW workshops, we will also launch soon a specific version of the Smart eMT ECU to support the SMG I, II and III. The SMG hydraulic pump is actuated quite differently compared to our cars but the overall principle of the automated manual gearbox is identical. Since a lot BMW SMG owners experience the same costly problems, the Smart eMT ECU will be of great help for them too.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #109 of 121 Old 01-17-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Awesome!

Thanks for everything that you do Stef!

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
StefVan likes this.
post #110 of 121 Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Owner

Once again, the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU did its job by early warning a F430 owner that something started getting wrong on his F1 system. The customer contacted us with the error details and we pinpointed his hydraulic accumulator being the first thing to check. As we did already for many customers, we advised him to use the Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo part #0071751195-001 which is 100% identical to the OEM accumulator.

He did a great job replacing his accumulator in no time and bingo, all is fine again! He thanked us so much because the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU saved him from $$$$ repair bills...
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 02-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.
post #111 of 121 Old 02-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Owner

Here's easy way to check if your hydraulic accumulator is worn out. Introduce a non-sharp thin stick inside the opening and press against the internal NBR diaphragm.

If it feels soft, the accumulator is good to be replaced because most, if not all of the internal nitrogen gas has already leaked out. With an accumulator in good condition, it should feel really strong and impossible to compress by hand.
Attached Images

post #112 of 121 Old 02-25-2019, 11:12 AM
Owner

Another set of 5 Smart eMT F1 Relay ECUs ready to be shipped for Garage Milliancourt. Look no further, they are THE expert in supercars maintenance and repairs in France.

Ask them to get our Smart eMT ECU installed on your supercar, it will greatly improve the reliability of the automated manual transmission (F1, CambioCorsa, MC Shift, DuoSelect, E-Gear, ASM Sportshift, R-Tronic, Selespeed, etc).
And if something starts getting wrong with the hydraulics, our Smart eMT ECU will early warn you well before it's too late. This can save you a huge amount of money in repair bills! A very small investment for a big peace of mind!

For Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Audi R8, Alfa Romeo, etc.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #113 of 121 Old 03-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Owner

The Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU fits snugly the Ferrari 575M nearby the TCU.

While considerably improving the hydraulic system performances, our Smart eMT ECU won't let your F1 system down and will Early Warn you before it's too late.

For Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Audi R8, Alfa Romeo, etc.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #114 of 121 Old 03-08-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Very nice!

Dan
StefVan likes this.
post #115 of 121 Old 03-21-2019, 12:48 PM
Owner

Think of upgrading your "stone-age" F1 pump relay before getting your car back on the streets after the winter. Even better, speak about our Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU to your workshop. There is a good chance that they know about it and will highly advise you to install it.

The Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU can be a big money saver thanks to its Early Warning System. Perfectly silent when all is fine, it will alert you if something start getting wrong with the F1 system before it's too late. This ECU will also greatly improve the performances of the hydraulic system as well as preserve & extend the operating life of the transmission hydraulic pump and motor.

Several workshops worldwide, independent and official, also use our Smart eMT ECU as a diagnostic system during test drives.

For Ferrari F1, Lamborghini E-Gear, Maserati Cambiocorsa/Duo-Select, Aston Martin ASM/SSM, Audi R8 R-Tronic, Alfa Roméo 8C, etc.
Attached Images

post #116 of 121 Old 03-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Owner

The Plug & Play Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU, replacing the "stone-age" transmission hydraulic pump relay (named F1 pump relay), has also a Early Warning System which will prevent you when something starts getting wrong, well before getting a complete F1 transmission failure.

Here a good example of a Ferrari F430 getting repeatedly a Fault Code 7 - Pump cycling too often from the Smart eMT ECU. The Ferrari diagnostic tool shows an important hydraulic pressure loss while the engine is idling and gearbox is in neutral. Normally, pressure should hold a long time, dropping very slowly. Here, pressure is lost very quickly in 50 secs and causes the hydraulic pump to prime very often, even when no pressure is used by the F1 or E-DIFF. This can be caused by for instance a failing hydraulic accumulator or a out of spec F1/E-Diff solenoid leakage.

Without the Smart eMT ECU Early Warning, nothing would have warned the driver which would have ended up with expensive repair bills...

For Ferrari F1, Lamborghini E-Gear, Maserati Cambiocorsa/Duo-Select, Aston Martin ASM/SSM, Audi R8 R-Tronic, Alfa Roméo 8C, etc.

post #117 of 121 Old 04-18-2019, 04:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
So is this that much better than just replacing the 30amp relay with a 50amp?

I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
post #118 of 121 Old 04-19-2019, 02:26 AM
Owner

The Smart eMT ECU is incomparable to a simple relay. Upgrading the relay to 50amp puts your TCU even more at risk because of the bigger voltage spikes generated by the bigger relay coil each time power is released. TCUs are getting rare now, so you better save them with a full electronic solution which will protect the TCU as well as the hydraulic system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf355 View Post
post #119 of 121 Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 AM

Thank you, how long is the approximate shipping too NYC?

post #120 of 121 Old 04-25-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
The Smart eMT ECU is incomparable to a simple relay. Upgrading the relay to 50amp puts your TCU even more at risk because of the bigger voltage spikes generated by the bigger relay coil each time power is released. TCUs are getting rare now, so you better save them with a full electronic solution which will protect the TCU as well as the hydraulic system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf355 View Post
Thank you, how much would it be approximately to ship the unit too New York City?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode