F430 360/430: DIY: F1 Pump Relay – Finally, a better designed relay - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 121 Old 09-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,300
Many thanks Paul for your feedback! Indeed, the E46 M3 SMG has the exact same problems as our Ferraris. The hydraulic system of the robotized gearbox is very identical except that a piston hydraulic accumulator is used in stead of a diaphragm accumulator (Maserati uses also a piston accumulator). Piston accumulators are also maintenance parts and must be changed. The pump relay socket located in the engine compartment at the LHS is quite different compared to the 360 and we'll provide soon the right Plug & Play solution also for the different BMW SMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash757 View Post
I am a very happy convert to the F1 pump relay, I am extremely pleased with the shift response time and having a system monitor for the pump. I changed mine out in less than 10 minutes on my F360, very straightforward process. I will order another now for my 2004 E46 SMG M3 as well, it is money well spent! Customer support is also top notch!
Thanks Stef,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 121 Old 09-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
this a brilliant great value product from Stef. I love it but don't need my car beeping at me or flashing lights via the module on every journey, so have have removed this. The relay box alone is a massive upgrade though
StefVan likes this.
post #23 of 121 Old 09-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Owner

Many thanks Richard! As long as you connect the monitoring module from time to time, it's fine, because this will allow you to check if your pump cycles are still fine and that there are no logged error faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCH View Post
this a brilliant great value product from Stef. I love it but don't need my car beeping at me or flashing lights via the module on every journey, so have have removed this. The relay box alone is a massive upgrade though

post #24 of 121 Old 09-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Owner

In addition to the installation & configuration guide, a video is now available which explains how to configure the ECU. Most of you like to disable the "Normal operation sounds", the video shows also how to do this and how to enable the sounds again. All videos and guides are available also on https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...relay-ecu.html

post #25 of 121 Old 09-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Owner

We don't stop receiving positive feedback on our Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU. This is an example of what we received from a Spanish F430 owner:

"after a few days of relay ecu f1 smart test.
I want to tell you something that has surprised me.
under heavy accelerator loads over 70% and high rpm when I press the cam to change a gear the car changes very very fast so much so that it looks like a double clutch gearbox is impressive, you can almost feel the transmission capable of engaging two gears in the same time as before only one I think I should dig deeper into this as it is a wonderful side effect.
Regards"
post #26 of 121 Old 09-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Owner

All parts are always 3D designed for a perfect fit & assembly.

post #27 of 121 Old 09-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Owner

A happy Maserati QP V owner from New Zealand who upgraded his car with our Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU:

" I clocked up 500km last weekend with no issues from the system. My car has done 100,000 km’s and the old pump/motor seems to have been original. Your control is doing a great job and now I have had an F1 system I am not so anti driving them."

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...relay-ecu.html
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #28 of 121 Old 09-23-2017, 08:39 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Another happy New Zealander!

I ordered my new smart F1 pump relay on a Wednesday night and it was delivered to me on the following Monday morning in New Zealand - excellent service thanks Stef!
I've just installed the relay into my F430 and found the installation to be straight forward and as per the detailed instructions. So far, I've only done a short drive, but everything seems to be working as intended.

It was interesting to see that the old relay had heat discoloured terminals even though the car has only done approx. 14,000km. I look forward to the greater protection this smart device gives me over the OEM relay.
StefVan, bay and whatheheck like this.
post #29 of 121 Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Owner

Many thanks Alan, really glad you received the Smart eMT Relay ECU so fast while shipped to New Zealand!

Many thanks for your feedback too, the protection and performances offered by this ECU were really the missing link in the robotized manual transmission systems.
post #30 of 121 Old 09-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Owner

Another happy F430 USA owner who also installed our Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU with great results.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #31 of 121 Old 09-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Owner

post #32 of 121 Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Owner

The Smart eMT Relay ECU works also perfectly well on the Gallardo LP560-4! Tested and approved.

The eMT ECU not only adds an enormous protection to the entire e-gear hydraulic system but also, during the test drives, shifts were considerably smoother, preciser and crispier compared to OEM relay.

The eMT ECU really is the missing link which will make you love again the robotized manual transmissions!

Videos will come soon...
Attached Images

post #33 of 121 Old 09-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Owner

Learn in this video how the Smart eMT Relay ECU works in perfect harmony with a perfectly well maintained e-gear system of a LP560-4.

This is how you can monitor and check if your hydraulic system (F1, e-gear, Duoselect, Cambiocorsa, etc) is in good condition.

bay likes this.
post #34 of 121 Old 09-29-2017, 08:20 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Learn in this video how the Smart eMT Relay ECU works in perfect harmony with a perfectly well maintained e-gear system of a LP560-4.

This is how you can monitor and check if your hydraulic system (F1, e-gear, Duoselect, Cambiocorsa, etc) is in good condition.

Compliments for the good work !
StefVan likes this.

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
post #35 of 121 Old 10-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
anyone try this yet on a scud?
post #36 of 121 Old 10-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Owner

The Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU has already been installed on many Scuderias and several 16M.

From the other forum: "Has anyone out there installed the new Scuding Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU or the Smart TLS ECU? I received them from Switzerland yesterday. Both installed and working properly. The quality is beyond first class, as is my LED taillight kit from them that has been on my 16M for two years now. The relay kit seems to be almost a must from a reliability standpoint for any F1 equipped car. If anyone needs installation advice, PM me and I will provide a long list of things NOT to do."

Scuding Swiss upgrades | Ferrari Chat

"Just a quick note. I have the unit installed on my 16M. Working perfectly. The photos from Idelora show the plug only. There is not a relay in there.
The actual relay electronics are in the larger box. The plug is there only to make it a true plug and play installation."

how reliable is the scuderia f1 relay? | Ferrari Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
anyone try this yet on a scud?
post #37 of 121 Old 10-03-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Excellent video!

I learned a lot.

Thanks Stef!

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post

StefVan likes this.
post #38 of 121 Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Owner

Many owners who installed the Smart eMT Relay ECU found also an improvement in the F1 system and the way it shifts. A nice bonus!
Attached Images

post #39 of 121 Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Owner

Check this video where you can hear how the Smart eMT Relay ECU works in perfect harmony with the Gallardo LP560 e-gear robotized manual transmission. As a bonus, shifts were much smoother, preciser and gives the feeling like less force is applied on the transmission.

The Smart eMT Relay ECU goes also on the Aventador!
post #40 of 121 Old 10-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Owner

We made some minor updates on the Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU solution:
- wires are now fully protected, mostly important for all cars where the ECU is installed in the rear luggage compartment nearby the battery (599, 612, Maseratis)
- on older cars like the 355, early 360, Maserati 4200 Coupe/Spider, Lamborghini Gallardo <2008 and Murcielago, the ECU plug is now a 5 pin plug

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...relay-ecu.html
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode