F430 I broke my car - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
I broke my car

I'm creating this post in hopes of hopefully preventing anybody else out there from making the same mistake I did and hopefully get some good advice.
I wanted to swap my license plate light bulbs out to LED to give it an updated look. I installed the wrong bulbs and fried something. I installed error free bulbs in hopes of not getting a message on my dash and I got errors for almost everything else on my dash now! Suspension, brakes, ediff, cst. I immediately took them out once the messages showed up on my dash, they were in for about 45 seconds. I shut the car off and put the originals back in. The LED bulbs were very hot to the point I couldn't even touch them. I let it cool down for about a minute and put the original bulbs back in but the messages are still on the dash. The car actually runs and drives perfectly except I cannot switch over to the different modes on the steering wheel. I drove the car to my mechanic in hopes that he could delete the codes in the ecu but it didn't work. After spending about an hour with his computer plugged into my car he is baffled. He said the only thing that he thinks it might be is the YAA sensor. Before I start spending $$ like crazy trying to figure this out I was wondering if anybody out there with knowledge of the wiring system of the f430 F1 could let me know if the license plate bulb circuitry is home some how related to the YAA sensor circuit. The only other thing I can think would be this is just a freak occurrence and is not related to the bulb swap at all. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-19-2017, 05:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Georgee,
sorry for the troubles....I don't have an answer. But I can tell you that you do not require "error free" LED license plate bulbs on the 430, as it does not have "bulb out" sensors, which is what those are for. Just get standard LED bulbs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode