3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 535
frustrating issues on my new F430 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp22 View Post
Sorry to read this. I can relate. Hopefully they will fix it properly and you will end up having a beautiful car to enjoy for a long time.

May I ask what pulled you towards a V8 coming from a Maranello experience? Was it the convertible top? I also have one of these, but I have an F12 as well, and without wanting to offend anyone, to me, V12 Ferraris are the cars to drive.

To tell you the truth it was an extremely difficult decision. The 575 was also my first Ferrari and I loved the V12. Having said that it's more of a GT and I wanted (for now) more of a sports car as I enjoy tracking. I also wanted a mid-engine Ferrari and one with an e-dif and mannetino. I actually was intent on getting a Coupe, I didn't want a convertible and have never been a fan of convertibles. I went into the dealer to test drive a Coupe which I was not totally enamored with as the interior seemed worn. I was about to leave the dealer when the manager handed me the keys to my Spider and said just try it for a half hour and tell me what you think? How could I refuse? I came back from the drive In love with the car and the convertible, the sound, the feel, the feeling of freedom, so I bought it.
Clyde

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Ok, you answered. But my F430 does not get me out of the F12, no way... And did you ever try the 575 on the track? My 550 was unbelievable. No V8 could replace it.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #23 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Ok, you answered. But my F430 does not get me out of the F12, no way... And did you ever try the 575 on the track? My 550 was unbelievable. No V8 could replace it.

Yes I tried the 575 on the track and it was fun, it's fast on the straights but let's face it, it's a heavy and front heavy GT not suited for the track, F430 runs rings around it in the corners. Not saying it's bad, just that you can't compare, they are 2 totally different animals. Eventually I will get another V12 Ferrari, maybe a 599 or an F12 like yours

post #24 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Yes I tried the 575 on the track and it was fun, it's fast on the straights but let's face it, it's a heavy and front heavy GT not suited for the track, F430 runs rings around it in the corners. Not saying it's bad, just that you can't compare, they are 2 totally different animals. Eventually I will get another V12 Ferrari, maybe a 599 or an F12 like yours

Well, I did drive my 550 on the track and it did not feel nose heavy or anything like it. But then I always heard that 550s have a harder suspension than 575s. In fact I found the 550 very well suited for the track. I actually used to race front engine cars at the time, so it did not affect me. But ok, you experienced what you did and you prefer the 430, that's fine.

On the 599 vs F12, the F12 feels much lighter and reacting more like a wild animal in comparison. But very easy to control with the driver aids on. Without them, it must be something completely different. I simply did not try it yet.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #25 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Well, I did drive my 550 on the track and it did not feel nose heavy or anything like it. But then I always heard that 550s have a harder suspension than 575s. In fact I found the 550 very well suited for the track. I actually used to race front engine cars at the time, so it did not affect me. But ok, you experienced what you did and you prefer the 430, that's fine.

On the 599 vs F12, the F12 feels much lighter and reacting more like a wild animal in comparison. But very easy to control with the driver aids on. Without them, it must be something completely different. I simply did not try it yet.

Well I don't want to argue but just have to note I have been on this chat for a while and talked with many people that owned both the 550 and the 575, and they all said that though the basic dynamics of the 550 and 575 were the same, so they were both nose heavy cars in my opinion. Other than that the 575 monsters the 550 much in the same way that the F430 monsters the 360, and if you think about it it's the natural process for Ferrari. The one thing the 550 had going for it over the 575 was the feel of the manual, but otherwise the 575 was a step up and a faster car in every way. In fact the 575 had the same basic suspension as the 550 just advanced a little more. Also it depends if yours had the FHP option which made a big difference to both cars, not to mention the HGTC option on the 575. Anyway everyone probably has their own opinion but facts are facts.
I am sure the F12 is miles ahead of the 599 as the 599 was over the 575 and as the 575 was over the 550. So yes it's a lighter and faster car but it depends what one can afford and I doubt I can afford an F12 so quickly, so my first choice then would be the 599 if I went back to a front engine V12.
Cheers

post #26 of 29 Old 05-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Owner

You know what? Despite the fact that it seems we have different feelings about the 550/575 on the track, I think you have to get the 430 sorted out and enjoy it.

I just really wondered what made you change from V12 to V8, and you have answered that... All the best.

post #27 of 29 Old 05-26-2017, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
You know what? Despite the fact that it seems we have different feelings about the 550/575 on the track, I think you have to get the 430 sorted out and enjoy it.

I just really wondered what made you change from V12 to V8, and you have answered that... All the best.

Thank you and I appreciate your thoughts and good wishes. I'm looking forward to getting the F430 back hopefully by the latest next Wednesday so I can take her to the track next Thursday. If so I will take a few photos to post here.
Cheers
Clyde

post #28 of 29 Old 05-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Clyde- The MT7-34R is Interstate's recommended battery for the F430. Just put one in my 575.
Attached Images

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #29 of 29 Old 05-28-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Clyde- The MT7-34R is Interstate's recommended battery for the F430. Just put one in my 575.

Hi Terry
That's probably the same one they put in mine, the dealer told me they put in a new Interstate
Battery but I haven't received my car back yet and so have not checked it yet.
Clyde

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode