360 Exhausts (again) - silenced Tubi - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2016, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Exhausts (again) - silenced Tubi

All,

New member here with a 360 spider. My first Ferrari and I'm still incredibly excited by the drive, the reactions from others, and just the looks of it. It is everything I had hoped. And people LOVE these cars! Female and male! I've given rides to all sorts.

Except, my stock exhaust is dead. I always thought it was really loud even though the car only has 20k. I have taken to wearing earplugs on long journeys. But this is my first really exotic car. Or Perhaps this is because the exhaust was old and worn and I do have fairly sensitive ears. My previous car (2005 Aston Martin V8 Vantage) was much quieter even with its exhaust valve disabled.

So I want it to be quiet enough for everyday, especially as I may do some track days here where noise limits are strict. But I do love the sweeter sound of a Tubi. I see there are 3 options to me here in the UK:

Part No. 01230011320R - Tubi race
Part No. 01230011320 - Tubi normal
Part No. 01230011320S - Tubi silenced

I know Race will be LOUD. I am also led to believe "normal" may be loud as well. So I ask here, has ANYONE got any information about the silenced Tubi? I have searched and can find NOTHING! I called the supplier who knew nothing either.

Alternatively all input on Tubi sound levels, and my loud stock exhaust, is gratefully received.

I do not really like the Capristo sound, which is a shame because I believe they offer stage 1 and valved options which would suit me. I just want that sweet Tubi sound without any extra volume which doesn't seem like too much to ask. None of the other manufacturers really interest me. After years of listening to Ferraris with tubis on YouTube it is ALL about that sweet Tubi sound for me.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by Monospace; 05-17-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2016, 01:28 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Welcome to the forum Mono.
I'm sure there are several experienced hands here that will have good info.
Sorry I can't help, my Spider has the factory race exhaust option.
Although I've never done a side-by-side test with a Tubi setup, it has a great sound and is not too loud.
While I too wear ear plugs on long drives, it's not because the exhaust is too loud, but to conserve my hearing.
I've also asked my neighbors and all say the car is not too loud.

Good luck and congrats on the Spider!

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,324
Welcome to FerrariLife Monospace! The sound level of the silenced version will be less loud than stock from what I heard. I would check directly with Tubi by contacting them. Your dealer can contact them directly too. As you like so much the specific sound of the Tubi mufflers, I would really make sure that the silenced version will still have these harmonics. Ask Tubi to provide you some sound samples.

Good luck and all best with your new Spider!

post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2016, 02:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
360 Exhaust

Monospace, is the OEM racing exhaust not available? I changed from stock 360 unit to the OEM racing and really like it. It may sound like it's loud but is quite good, even for long trips. Give it a try if you can find one. Regards....Don
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2016, 04:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
One aspect of Tubi vs others such as Caprisrto is that Tubi does not incorporate bypass valves. Before making your decision, you may want to research valved exhaust systems as they give you both quiet and loud modes.

Steve

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode