F430 F430 Dreaded Sticky Issue - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
F430 Dreaded Sticky Issue

bought a 2006 F430 last year and the window switches, radio knobs, climate control, console panel and ash tray all showed signs of being tacky and sticky.
I came across StickyRX website and was impressed with his methods of refinishing sticky parts and laser etching the graphics.
I contacted Dave and he was very helpful in giving me some tips on how to disassemble and ship off the parts.
Dave actually designed a new CAD file for the 430 climate panel to laser etch the graphics and I thought that was very impressive that he has the in house capability to do that. All the graphics are exactly as originals were and thatís very important to me since I am anal about originality
The parts arrived back to me yesterday and they are outstanding! The paint material seems like its hard as nails.
I didnít realize how bad the original parts looked until I got the newly refinished parts back.
All in all I am very happy and impressed with Sticky RX workmanship and process
Thanks Dave
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Hi Dominic,

It was a pleasure to get to know you and do your work. Your are a true gentlemen. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you are pleased with the parts
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Dave has the reputation of performing magic. I"m curious on why the parts in your car looked so bad. I have a 2006 and don't have the sticky issue. Why would the sticky issue appear?

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupť,

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
bought a 2006 F430 last year and the window switches, radio knobs, climate control, console panel and ash tray all showed signs of being tacky and sticky.
I came across StickyRX website and was impressed with his methods of refinishing sticky parts and laser etching the graphics.
I contacted Dave and he was very helpful in giving me some tips on how to disassemble and ship off the parts.
Dave actually designed a new CAD file for the 430 climate panel to laser etch the graphics and I thought that was very impressive that he has the in house capability to do that. All the graphics are exactly as originals were and thatís very important to me since I am anal about originality
The parts arrived back to me yesterday and they are outstanding! The paint material seems like its hard as nails.
I didnít realize how bad the original parts looked until I got the newly refinished parts back.
All in all I am very happy and impressed with Sticky RX workmanship and process
Thanks Dave
Hi Dominic,
as we tell in Italy, you chose the good horse, Dave of Sticky RX is doing great restorations, his refurbishment is better than the OE.

Best Regards

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
Dave has the reputation of performing magic. I"m curious on why the parts in your car looked so bad. I have a 2006 and don't have the sticky issue. Why would the sticky issue appear?
The parts may have already been refinished or they may just not have gone bad yet. If that's the case, they will in time (sorry to be the guy delivering bad news)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hi Dominic,
as we tell in Italy, you chose the good horse, Dave of Sticky RX is doing great restorations, his refurbishment is better than the OE.

Best Regards
Hello Fabio - you are a true gentlemen - thank you. Keep up the good work on your exhaust parts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode