F430 Software Tuning for all Ferrari's - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Software Tuning for all Ferrari's

Hey guys, we do all software tuning for all model Ferrari's in house.
If anyone is interested in tuning their Ferrari or Maserati and Lamborghini. You can call me or email at the shop.
Thanks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Alex- Could you post some more info on what exactly you tune?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Hey Terry, we take your ECU from your exotic car and remap the fuel and air mixture to increase horse power and torque. We keep your original ECU information on file and if someone want to convert back to original. We can re-install the information. The HP and TQ new number will depend on what car you have and what stage of performance you would like to do ( stage 1 or Stage 2 ).
Thank you.
Alex.

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 354
I applaud dealers for doing this kind of thing.

There are some caveats and concerns I have. Tuning "off the car" can be a complete minefield and I would only recommend to install Ferrari exhaustively tested factory maps from the Stradale on the 360. Not "custom ones" unless they are 100% proven safe on a dyno on your actual engine. The CS maps gains about 5hp across the board without any other changes and about 20hp more if you have a free flowing sports exhaust and they are very safe and extremely well tested under all load conditions, temps, fuel octanes, etc..

I would much prefer to validate any new maps on the individual car so you can test the setup is working on the actual engine (with its actual tolerances and current condition). I.e. so you can monitor the air fuel ratio's with a wideband Lambda sensor and check for any engine destroying detonation in real-time. There is no way I would put any other maps (untested) in my engine, what happens if they where done on higher octane than your using (it could go boom!). The Bosch programming will try to retard the ignition curve but if its not quick enough... You have too much to risk, its simply not worth the risk!

Really there is only so much you can do using 'generic' maps and in my opinion this isn't really real "tuning" as you never even see it running on the actual engine. Its just re-flashing a pre-existing map done for someone elses engine, not yours! This is something completely different and something which should be cheap vs real dyno based mapping.

I've got Stradale base ignition maps which I could donate (freely) to the forum, I've already explained how to (for less than a $20 cable) backup and restore the flash from your existing ECU. And others like 355Eric explained how to then backup your Immobilizer pairing data from the eeprom storage chip (so your remote works) - useful if you ever need to replace a broken ECU.

I even went as far as developing the s/w in C code to re-calculate the checksums for the Bosch ME7.x (so that you can transplant maps from one firmware to another) - again donated into the public domain for free. I really must update my github with the final working version. Even if you don't use my free version there are paid versions of the tools to do this for pretty low costs.

The only thing you then need to do is;
1. Remove ecu's from the car
2. Backup you existing rom/firmware and eeprom chips using a simple DIY wiring loom to ecu's (documented entire process and its not hard).
3. Clone over the Stradale maps into your own personal firmware/rom file. You must do this because if you don't you risk it not working (there are literally tens of variants of each firmware for different market segments and model years for all the various differences in sensors, emissions, even different code for Manual vs F1 etc.)
4. Run the checksum recalc tool so the code accepts the new maps
5. Flash the new file back into your ecu's then put them back into the car.

This whole process is about a couple of hours work (including the removal of the old ecu's from the engine bay). Nobody should be charging over $1,000 for this kind of "service" (investment in time, tools and software is relatively low on the 360). The strong exception to this is actually dyno tuning on the fly which can run into thousands but its a completely different thing than this....

-T

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
Henry Royce

Last edited by 360trev; 02-05-2016 at 07:33 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX A View Post
Hey guys, we do all software tuning for all model Ferrari's in house.
If anyone is interested in tuning their Ferrari or Maserati and Lamborghini. You can call me or email at the shop.
Thanks.
Alex, when you say "all" model Ferraris, can you remap the earlier Motronic 5.2, as found in F355, etc.?

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #6 of 10 Old 02-08-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

All are software upgrades have been Dyno tested and also track tested with are own cars. We are doing a 1998 Yellow 355 (5.2 )GTS software upgrade this week. I will post the final numbers this week. Please follow us on instagram at DAYTONASPORTSCARS
Thank you
Alex.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Hi Alex,

Cool stuff. Any side effects (Ill effects) of doing this?
post #8 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Hey Dave, the only issues I have seen is when you start changing exhaust manifolds and removing converters. Most US states and in Canada with emission laws , not only do you have to pass you need to have OEM parts on the car.
I have sold many cars with software upgrades and they have passed emission.

Thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 06:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX A View Post
Hey Dave, the only issues I have seen is when you start changing exhaust manifolds and removing converters. Most US states and in Canada with emission laws , not only do you have to pass you need to have OEM parts on the car.
I have sold many cars with software upgrades and they have passed emission.

Thanks
Thanks Alex - good to know as that was one concern I had. I was also concerned that the fuel mixtures could be too rich and cause down stream failures.

I still plan to make the trip up to see Frank and your shop soon - we can chat in detail then.

Cool stuff you are doing and Frank has me excited to see the new shop you guys have in the works.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Thanks Alex - good to know as that was one concern I had. I was also concerned that the fuel mixtures could be too rich and cause down stream failures.

I still plan to make the trip up to see Frank and your shop soon - we can chat in detail then.

Cool stuff you are doing and Frank has me excited to see the new shop you guys have in the works.
Hey Dave, hope to see you soon.
Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode