Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Modern V8s: 360, F430 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/)
-   -   F430 Capristo Exhaust Brackets for brand new OEM headers (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/50226-capristo-exhaust-brackets-brand.html)

natman316 11-26-2015 10:17 AM

Capristo Exhaust Brackets for brand new OEM headers

Hello all

I finally agreed a deal to purchase a 2006 F430 with 22k miles. However before delivery, the dealer said that they have to replace the headers on the car because they are cracked (even after having been replaced in 2008).

My question is since the dealer will be replacing the headers, I was thinking to just have them fit the capristo exhaust brackets so I do not have any other issues later on. Do you think that it is worth it for new headers? Or do the new headers dont need these brackets.

Thank you and happy thanksgiving!

mdg1775 11-26-2015 01:44 PM

Happy thanksgiving!

I hope the dealer (or seller) will take care of the problem before you take delivery.

As will all of these types of things I would shop around to see what is out there as a fix, and if/whether other forum members or sponsors have tackled the problem. Of course, I will recommend that you email [email protected]. When I toured their shop back in July as I was getting work done on my Maserati Ghibli, they showed me some solutions and mockups for the different modern Ferrari types.

Good luck! You're getting a fabulous car. Please post pictures and keep us informed of the process. Cheers!

excursion 11-26-2015 11:23 PM

It would be better to have them than stock, though my car had replacement headers (the current 'Mk2' version) with the brackets, and the headers eventually failed again.

StefVan 11-26-2015 11:42 PM

The Capristo exhaust brackets will certainly help to preserve your stock headers although, as Excursion mentionned, the stock headers may still fail as they have a conception issue. The best solution is to replace the stock headers with aftermarket headers. I have the Capristo headers + brackets on my F430 since now several years and I'm entirely satisfied. Improves also sound and most important torque.

RichardCH 11-27-2015 07:38 AM

Get rid of those pre cats !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdg1775 11-27-2015 03:47 PM

I second that

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCH (Post 673042)
Get rid of those pre cats !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of em.

natman316 11-27-2015 07:54 PM

I just asked to see if my dealer can install the capristo headers instead of the OEM one, my sales consultant said he will check to see for me!

He mentioned they thought about doing that but not sure if they are allowed to since they are an authorized dealer.

Ferrari Nube 12-04-2015 12:40 PM

You will likely run into hesitation/reluctance with the dealer installing aftermarket headers without the precats. The Capristo bracket will not be a problem but the headers will.

Since your car is 2006, it is not likely to be qualified for any "Ferrari" warranty, so I would go with the recommendations of fellow members and push for an aftermarket header. Similar to Stef, I have Capristo headers, brackets and even a twin sound exhaust installed in my car. No issues at all (including no CEL's) since I kept my OEM cats.

By the way, I changed my OEM Mark 1 manifolds just a year ago and upon removal, they were tested and showed that they were still in good condition, without any leaks/failure.....

Cheers
FN

cars_drive_me 12-05-2015 06:49 PM

A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a miscommunication with the mechanic as to which exhaust brackets needed to be replaced on my F430. This led me to buy a set of the Capristo exhaust brackets that weren't really necessary. I would have installed them anyway, but I just made a deal to trade my F430 on a California, so I no longer have a use for them (and there would have been a restocking fee had I returned them).

So, I have a new-in-box set of Capristo exhaust brackets. I'll let them go for $600 including ground shipping (US, lower 48 states). PM me if interested.

cars_drive_me 12-05-2015 06:57 PM

To offer a suggestion beyond the typical Capristo/Fabspeed headers...

I wanted to head off the well known cracked manifold issue, but I also had just spent a bunch of money getting the car so I wanted to save a few bucks.

I took a chance and bought the Top Speed F430 headers (you can find them on ebay or via google). I was a bit hesitant, because surely $1000 headers must be terrible, right? Wrong. They've been fantastic. They fit perfectly, sound great - the car is loud as hell with a stock exhaust.

RichardCH 12-06-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cars_drive_me (Post 674434)
A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a miscommunication with the mechanic as to which exhaust brackets needed to be replaced on my F430. This led me to buy a set of the Capristo exhaust brackets that weren't really necessary. I would have installed them anyway, but I just made a deal to trade my F430 on a California, so I no longer have a use for them (and there would have been a restocking fee had I returned them).

So, I have a new-in-box set of Capristo exhaust brackets. I'll let them go for $600 including ground shipping (US, lower 48 states). PM me if interested.

$600 oh what a steal .... not

cars_drive_me 12-06-2015 02:51 PM

I agree they are expensive - however if someone was going to buy them anyway, this is $100 less than they would spend otherwise. The tape is literally still on the box.

I could've returned them and eaten the 15% but I thought I'd offer to pass the savings on to another member instead. Quite a dick move, you're right.

natman316 12-08-2015 06:18 PM

Thanks for the tip everyone, I'll decide whether to go the new headers route or the brackets route. Picked it up this weekend and its awesome! might want more sound from it. still trying to figure out the climate control and radio. Did not realize how much attention this will get, even though mine is a subtle color. (car is grigio titano). I got egged on my first night out with it in Manhattan :(

Ferrari Nube 12-09-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natman316 (Post 674906)
Thanks for the tip everyone, I'll decide whether to go the new headers route or the brackets route. Picked it up this weekend and its awesome! might want more sound from it. still trying to figure out the climate control and radio. Did not realize how much attention this will get, even though mine is a subtle color. (car is grigio titano). I got egged on my first night out with it in Manhattan :(

Enjoy the car!

Wow...rough crowd... egged the first night? were you driving it or was it parked somewhere?

Cheers
FN

chenglo1 12-10-2015 07:44 PM

How can some people be so rude? Thats horrible. Enjoy the honeymoon.

natman316 12-11-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari Nube (Post 674978)
Enjoy the car!

Wow...rough crowd... egged the first night? were you driving it or was it parked somewhere?

Cheers
FN

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenglo1 (Post 675210)
How can some people be so rude? Thats horrible. Enjoy the honeymoon.

I was shocked also! Cant believe it.

I've been traveling since I've got the car but I'll be back to drive her in a week :D will post some picts then

Hazim 01-04-2016 09:05 AM

Do you guys recommend those bracket for f430 2009 ?

Thank you

gandalfthegray. 01-18-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cars_drive_me (Post 674442)
To offer a suggestion beyond the typical Capristo/Fabspeed headers...

I wanted to head off the well known cracked manifold issue, but I also had just spent a bunch of money getting the car so I wanted to save a few bucks.

I took a chance and bought the Top Speed F430 headers (you can find them on ebay or via google). I was a bit hesitant, because surely $1000 headers must be terrible, right? Wrong. They've been fantastic. They fit perfectly, sound great - the car is loud as hell with a stock exhaust.

I was looking at a set of Top Speed headers as well. I'm trying to figure out if they are in fact the same headers as Fabspeed and Agency Power.

How long did you have these headers on your 430 before trading to the California?

ph12 01-29-2017 06:49 AM

I've been running capristo with MKII headers for some time and they so far its been fine. I installed the brackets myself and the old factory ones were way too stiff and was mounted to the transmission (which vibrates, alot)