F430 BIG thanks to Ferrari Service of Bedford!!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 63
BIG thanks to Ferrari Service of Bedford!!!!

2007 F430 with manual gearbox.

I just feel like I have to give props to the guy who got me to finally love my car and make me feel like I didn't waste 125K on a car that didn't perform up to my expectations.

I sent my car to David / Ferrari Service of Bedford a couple of weeks ago for it's annual service (the first under my ownership) and to have it lowered because it sure looked like it sat high and didn't handle as well as I had expected a car of this caliber to do.

I got a pretty sad report after he had evaluated it. It didn't seem like any of the fluids...other than oil changes... were ever done to the car in it's 7 years and 14,000 miles. The transaxle screen was clogged solid, as was the vent, which made it build up so much pressure that when he loosened the drainplug, it shot gear oil all over his shop. The brake fluid was very dark causing a low and slightly soft pedal, the clutch wasn't working up to spec....but worst of all, the car just didn't handle as well as I would've expected. It seemed to have too much lean in the corners and tended to wallow. Turn in wasn't anywhere near as crisp as I though it should be.

Turns out that not only was the car raised a bit (probably the previous owner who lived in an area with crappy roads??), but a frightening amount of suspension pieces weren't torqued to spec, and a couple of things were actually just finger tight (rear shocks).

Even though I have close to 20 years experience racing, HPDE, etc, with at least 35,000 track miles in various cars....this is the only Ferrari I've ever driven. So, with no other F430 driving experience to compare my car to, I guess I kind of assumed that they just didn't meet my expectations when it came to handling. Boy was I wrong! After David went through everything and returned the car, I can now say that I couldn't be happier with the car!!! The car is tight, corners flat, crisp/sharp/precise turn in, brake pedal is high enough to comfortably heel/toe....

I just felt the need to give David the credit he's due. I'm sure most of you guys who have been Ferrari owners for years know of him and his reputation...but I'm the new guy around here, and I just want him....and all of you....to know how VERY VERY happy I am with him!! :-)

Now what the hell am I doing sitting behind my keyboard....it's time to be behind the wheel! :-)

And a brief, two word comment to the previous owners who didn't maintain the car properly: (F*** YOU.)

-George :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Some folks have no business touching these cars as they don't know what they are doing and don't take the time to learn. David has helped me over the phone and email a bunch of times and it's crystal clear he does the job correctly and cuts no corners. Your post is no surprise to me at all and it's truly a pleasure to have him participate here.

I'm glad he has sorted your car so you may enjoy it properly.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 01:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 400
When I was looking for an F430, if there weren't service records and no record of recalls done I wouldn't touch it. I had one place say "Oh the Ferrari dealership had a computer problem and lost the records" thinking that would placate me.
End of the day you have a good car with a very solid engine. Top it off yours is a 3-pedal car.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

post #4 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, David is a class act. I forgot to mention all the time he spent with me on the phone trying to sort a couple of problems I was having. He spent hours explaining things to me....and we had never even met in person yet!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
When I was looking for an F430, if there weren't service records and no record of recalls done I wouldn't touch it. I had one place say "Oh the Ferrari dealership had a computer problem and lost the records" thinking that would placate me.
End of the day you have a good car with a very solid engine. Top it off yours is a 3-pedal car.
The sad thing is...I do have the service records! I think corners were cut by the dealerships who serviced it. Maybe I was too tough with my two word comment directed at the previous owners....maybe they were ripped off by dealerships who time their work according to the "book" and cut corners by not always do the work they're paid for.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
Yeah, David is a class act. I forgot to mention all the time he spent with me on the phone trying to sort a couple of problems I was having. He spent hours explaining things to me....and we had never even met in person yet!
Yep. Stand up guy all the way.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
David is one of the best. Plus he does original work even Ricambi sells.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Quote:
When I was looking for an F430, if there weren't service records and no record of recalls done I wouldn't touch it.
They are service records...and then there's the quality of service given; two very different issues.

Quote:
..End of the day you have a good car with a very solid engine. Top it off yours is a 3-pedal car.
Exactly...

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #9 of 12 Old 11-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
David is one of the best....
Thanks Taz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Plus he does original work even Ricambi sells.
And two new products to be released shortly; one being the long awaited 3.2 Microplex ignition box, with no core required...

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #10 of 12 Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
David- Bet the 3.2 owners are looking forward to that.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-20-2015, 02:46 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,187
David's one of those rare pro's who enjoys helping other people, and doesn't do so in a condescending way.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #12 of 12 Old 11-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Thanks John. I guess all those "now watch your manners" talks from Dad actually worked. :-)

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode