360 Air Vent Installation Help. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Air Vent Installation Help.

My '99 360 F1 Modena is in relatively pristine condition. However, I recently learned that the defroster vents were warped & sticky. I ordered new replacements, Air Vent Plate parts #65018200 and 65018300. Now that I have them, I'm afraid that the dash will have to come out in order to secure them in place. Has anybody discovered a workaround to secure them in place without having to remove the dash?

Thanks,
Mark
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 06:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Dash Vents

Your vents will not fit because the leather has shrunk and pulled away from the dash vent cut outs which is why your original vents warped. I am in the same position and seems like the only fix is to pull the dash and attempt to stretch and re-attach the leather. Many have posted that it is difficult to do and a recover with new leather may be the only solution.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-18-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

In general, that's what I'm finding out. In 8 years of owning mine, I never realized I had a problem! The old vents were no longer attached as the mounting posts had broken off. I can press the new vents into the mounting holes, but no way to secure them. Maybe a shot of super glue?!!! JK! Just thinking if there was a way to push & lock with some kind of compression locking piece....

Somebody suggested 2-sided carpet tape. Maybe I'll try it.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Sorry to say, the only way to fix ur problem is to remove the dash. Its not as scary as it sounds take plenty of pics and when possible always replace the screws in there holes once u have removed the dash cos man them screws always seem to multiply, and don't waste ur time with them poxy OEM vents as there gonna end up warping again anyway u need a pair of these babys made from alloy and are bolted to ur dash can't seem to attach pics email me for pics if ur interested
[email protected]
post #5 of 9 Old 11-26-2015, 06:14 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 110
And share

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo308 View Post
Sorry to say, the only way to fix ur problem is to remove the dash. Its not as scary as it sounds take plenty of pics and when possible always replace the screws in there holes once u have removed the dash cos man them screws always seem to multiply, and don't waste ur time with them poxy OEM vents as there gonna end up warping again anyway u need a pair of these babys made from alloy and are bolted to ur dash can't seem to attach pics email me for pics if ur interested
[email protected]
If you do take the plunge and open up the dash please share your experience with us, as well as photos. Good luck.

Michael G. Washington DC Area - 2010 Ferrari California Nero
2014 Maserati Ghibli (Fabspeed Performance Exhaust & ECU)
2013 VW Jetta GLI (Borla Exhaust, K&N)
2007 Porsche Cayman S (Fabspeed Performance)
post #6 of 9 Old 12-08-2015, 03:51 AM

Here ya go matey, loved diving in there, then again I did strip the shit out of my car got a wee bit carried away. Happy to say car is finished just a few more upgrades to go, CS rear spoiler/side skirts, 430 exhaust, then later on down trak bigger brakes.
New alloy dash vents replaces OEM crappy ABS plastic.
Attached Images

Last edited by rizzo308; 12-08-2015 at 04:12 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-08-2015, 04:17 AM

Replace the OEM crappy ABS plastic with my new alloy dash vents which are bolted into position to ur dash for info.
[email protected]
Attached Images

post #8 of 9 Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Good for you, rizzo308. That would scare the bejeebers outta me!!!!
post #9 of 9 Old 12-27-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finehomes View Post
Good for you, rizzo308. That would scare the bejeebers outta me!!!!

Thanks mate, I loved every minute of it. Next job for me is fit the $430 exhaust I have finished modifying the pipes and will fit it soon along with the CS rear spoiler then all that's left is the CS side skirts and she's finished oh yeah and have to upgrade the brakes gotta have big brakes.

Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode