360 Cruise Control - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Cruise Control

I have a 2002 F-1 Spyder, that I bought several months ago. I have yet to take it on a multi-day drive, but am wondering if it is possible to install an aftermarket Cruise Control system. I can imagine that my right leg/foot will get rather sore after a day or two. Thanks

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,324
Larry, I'm afraid that such systems will be really difficult, if not impossible, to integrate in a F360. Did you source already an aftermarket CC system?
post #3 of 10 Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Hi StefVan,
Thanks for the reply. No, I have not looked for an aftermarket system, as I thought I would ask first to see if anyone knew what might work, or even if it was possible.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-03-2015, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Hi StefVan,
Thanks for the reply. No, I have not looked for an aftermarket system, as I thought I would ask first to see if anyone knew what might work, or even if it was possible.
Maybe I should just start out on a few "day-drives" and see how my leg holds up!!! ha ha.
Take care and have fun...

Larry

Oops, looks like I did this twice, sorry.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 04:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 68
Larry,
I've been looking into it for my F430 as I've done a few 10 hour stints in the car which made my knee ache. There are plenty of universal DBW cruise control kits on the market but you'll find none of them list the 360 or F430 in the compatible vechiles, however, given our TBs are generic Bosch I don't see it as a problem. I will be looking to install a kit next year once I find a kit that supports twin throttle bodies.

Cheers,
Mark
post #6 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,324
Larry,
Maybe a cheaper and easier solution would be to start with adjusting the trottle. This pedal can be perfectly adjusted to make it less painful when driving during long hours. I ajusted mine and it goes now much better than it was before.

Thanks very much Mark for your feedback. If one day you find the right cruise control kit that goes on a 360/430, please let us know

Cheers,
Stef
post #7 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Larry,
Maybe a cheaper and easier solution would be to start with adjusting the trottle. This pedal can be perfectly adjusted to make it less painful when driving during long hours. I ajusted mine and it goes now much better than it was before.

Thanks very much Mark for your feedback. If one day you find the right cruise control kit that goes on a 360/430, please let us know

Cheers,
Stef
Will do, Stef.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 117
It can be done by adapting a simple CC unit for a motor home. They work by taking a speed signal (present at the radio) and modulating a stepper motor. The motor needs to be fitted to the throttle pedal and you'll need some custom fabrication as it can only fit perpendicular to the pedal action (you'll need a bell crank or wheel). Also there are switches to fit to brake and clutch pedals (if present).

A stalk is fitted to the column - when you set the speed it then modulates the stepper motor to keep the speed signal as close to the set speed as possible. There are buttons for increasing/decreasing the speed as per normal CC.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Hi StefVan,
Is adjusting the throttle an easy thing to do, or should I take it to the Ferrari shop? It would be embarrassing to play with the adjustment, then start the car and go 90mph through the back wall of my garage...ha ha

Hi Voicey,
Thanks for the info on the motorhome cruise control... do you happen to know the name and contact info of the manufacturer?

Larry
post #10 of 10 Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode